Media Khabib-isms: Tales of The Eagle - Deciphering what's true and what's urban legend?

I assume that Khabib is talking about never being submitted since he became a UFC fighter in 2011 or so. Which is believable.

No he said "all my life I never tapped". I think it was in one of the numerous tony/Khabib pressers

I assume that Khabib is talking about never being submitted since he became a UFC fighter in 2011 or so. Which is believable.
I linked it in the op, courtesy of @Habib The Eagle . He's said it multiple times over various media that he's never been tapped in any setting.

Khabib have sad it himself...

“Let’s talk about numbers,” Nurmagomedov said at one point. “All my life, nobody make me tap. Nobody. In amateur, training, doesn’t matter — never. Never I’m tired, never make me tap. Never. What are you talking about? About my conditioning? Please calm down.”

http://belowthebeltmma.com/khabib-says-hes-never-been-tapped-before-like-ever/
Thanks for the link I'll include it in the op

What about his claim that his father dying wish was GSP to come down to 155? Lol

What about his claim that his father dying wish was GSP to come down to 155? Lol
I leave fan urban legends out of it. Just addressing stuff he's said. But yes that is an urban legend. His dad wanted him to fight gsp but it wasn't his dying wish. That's hyperbole and I'm guessing Josh Thomson said that?

This was not his father's "dying wish" lol
That's something fans make up. Like fans saying khabib getting kicked by gaethje had no effect or little effect on him.

That's obviously bs.

That's something fans make up. Like fans saying khabib getting kicked by gaethje had no effect or little effect on him.

That's obviously bs.
Lol for a Khabib bot you sure don’t follow him or his team well

Are there or are they not grappling with high level talent?

I think Khabib would be submitted if he went to abu-dhabi bjj. Under those rulesets, I think he gets submitted, but in a mixed ruleset or just open ruling, I don't know why it sounds plausible to me. When Michael Chandler says it, I believe him too. We haven't seen it. Chandler says he's never trained bjj in a gi ever in his life either.

I don’t think Khabib means he’s never tapped in his lifetime. He wasn’t born a grappling wizard. There was obviously a time when he was still young and like everyone had to tap in order to learn grappling. What he probably means is he hasn’t tapped in training since turning pro or competing at the highest levels of MMA and Sambo.

1. Khabib has never lost a street fight ever growing up

6. I've heard other fighters say the same thing that they are undefeated in street fights. I'm gonna go with false.

I’ve never heard Khabib make this claim. He only said that he had been in street fights as a kid, which his dad confirmed, and apparently is normal in Dagestan. But these kinds of claims are like Rickson’s mythical 400-0 record. No one is keeping score in a street fight and people can claim whatever they want. And he lost in Sambo as a teenager so I’m sure a bigger kid could have beaten him up at some point.

Not sure which is less believeable. This or Tony Ferguson’s claim about winning his last street fight with a one punch KO. :rolleyes:

He said he didn't think gaethje would tap leading into the fight. I also think the first round, he was convinced of that for some reason. At first I thought it was bullshit, because he was going for a buzzer beater armbar. But It's pretty consistent with what he said. He said his parents was there, so I think he went for the triangle.
Bicep slicer not an armbar

I’ve never heard Khabib make this claim. He only said that he had been in street fights as a kid, which his dad confirmed, and apparently is normal in Dagestan. But these kinds of claims are like Rickson’s mythical 400-0 record. No one is keeping score in a street fight and people can claim whatever they want. And he lost in Sambo as a teenager so I’m sure a bigger kid could have beaten him up at some point.

Not sure which is less believeable. This or Tony Ferguson’s claim about winning his last street fight with a one punch KO. :rolleyes:
Khabib was finally asked by Shaheen if he ever lost in a street fight. To which Khabib replied, “No…..No…Never."

https://www.mmaindia.com/did-khabib-nurmagomedov-ever-lose-a-street-fight/

Last edited:
Urban legend deciphering is always fun. I'll try:

1. False. RDA is a good grappler, Shalorus not an easy match-up and Tibau fight was close.
2. False. Stunned him for a bit. Wasn't badly hurt though. And yes Rogan hyped it up too much per usual.
3. False. I watch IamTheBay and he can't take Winn down. And Luke's said Khabib is hard work, but not that he can't beat him. DC sometimes gives him full back control and let's Khabib try to sub him, but no chance. Turns to the top and "Now is problem!".
4. False. Everyone taps in practice. That is the point of learning.
5. Possible. If he had to he would've broken it, but the ebb and flow of the fight has to give Khabib a choke. Depends on positioning.
6. Possible. He grew up in Dagestan and his dad was like a hero there.. And Khabib started combat training early. So not an easy target to choose or beat.

Urban legend deciphering is always fun. I'll try:

1. False. RDA is a good grappler, Shalorus not an easy match-up and Tibau fight was close.
2. False. Stunned him for a bit. Wasn't badly hurt though. And yes Rogan hyped it up too much per usual.
3. False. I watch IamTheBay and he can't take Winn down. And Luke's said Khabib is hard work, but not that he can't beat him. DC sometimes gives him full back control and let's Khabib try to sub him, but no chance. Turns to the top and "Now is problem!".
4. False. Everyone taps in practice. That is the point of learning.
5. Possible. If he had to he would've broken it, but the ebb and flow of the fight has to give Khabib a choke. Depends on positioning.
6. Possible. He grew up in Dagestan and his dad was like a hero there.. And Khabib started combat training early. So not an easy target to choose or beat.
There are no rules in street fights. Someone could have had an equalizer or some sort. People can be jumped of ambushed. That sounds hard to believe. If he didn't lose, I hope he would say not every one of them was easy.

Last edited:
There are no rules in street fights. Someone could have had an equalizer or some sort. People can be jumped or ambushed. That sounds hard to believe. If he didn't lose, I hope he would say not every one of them was easy.

Those guys from Dagestan who now fight in big promotions grew up together. So unless Khabib's alone he's basically safe. And people from there are basically his size, but Khabib is trained and stronger. Can neutralize most in a fair fight.

So I'm thinking of the environment of these street fights. A lot of home field advantages.

Those guys from Dagestan who now fight in big promotions grew up together. So unless Khabib's alone he's basically safe. And people from there are basically his size, but Khabib is trained and stronger. Can neutralize most in a fair fight.

So I'm thinking of the environment of these street fights. A lot of home field advantages.
There are guys that were probably older and slightly bigger than him that train just as hard and probably were more skilled than khabib was at his age. Hypothetically speaking. If khabib is getting into fights with 17 year olds and he's 14,15 ..come on

There are no matchmakers in street fights. No weightcuts. Anyone can go.

Back