Khabib is the best striker behind Adesanya

Khabib nuthuggers are officially the new Conor nuthuggers.

I disagree.

Floyd with 4 oz gloves would be knocking people out cold.

He is a very versatile boxer. When he lets his hands go he can punch.

If mayweather wanted to take off on somebody with 4 oz gloves (with no grappling) there isnt much anybody would be able to do to defend that.

Floyd defensive boxer letting his hands go? His chin is shaky, but he's so good defensively he never gets hit.

Floyd's defensive counter punching style out of the Philly shell is practically worthless against kicks. He would have his lead leg and shoulder busted up quick. It doesn't work outside of strick Boxing rules.

His hands are also glass. He breaks his hand wearing 12oz gloves, so just imagine him with 4oz gloves. He would never let his hands go and his style is trash against kicks. He's not knocking out anybody.

There is no Mayweather style, Floyd can do everything.

I'm not even sure what you mean lol

Mayweather style developed from the Philly shell style of shoulder rolling. Floyd added forearm parries and elbow guard to the philly style counter punching stance to make it his own. He can't do that in MMA as it exposes him to kicks and takedowns especially.

{<huh}
Khabib's success in the feet is due to pressure, his chin, and the constant threat of a takedown. If you're talking most skilled striker, he doesn't even crack the top 50.

• Went toe to toe with McGregor and dropped him
  • Showed no hespek for Gaethjes striking and battered him toe to toe
  • Stood with Johnson after being wobbled and landed clean on him
  • No hespek for Barbozas striking and went toe to toe with him several times
Hes landed on every opponent with ease.
Hes another Russian science experiment. They are a rare breed of athlete.

I actually enjoy his boxing and how he evaded getting hit but haters gonna hate!

I honestly give Khabib a 40% chance to beat Floyd in boxing, Conor took rounds off him and Khabib outboxed Conor.

Conor outstriked Khabib on the 3rd, he starting to find the right timming. I would like to see a boxing match Conor vs Khabib.

The guy who dropped Connor with a punch is not a good striker. He's a great striker.

IDGAF how pretty it looks. Getting results against other top strikers is what REALLY matters.

The fact that his striking sucks is one reason why he's not the GOAT. He'll struggle against guys he can't take down. Luckily there are no wrestlers in the LW division.

Floyd defensive boxer letting his hands go? His chin is shaky, but he's so good defensively he never gets hit.

Floyd's defensive counter punching style out of the Philly shell is practically worthless against kicks. He would have his lead leg and shoulder busted up quick. It doesn't work outside of strick Boxing rules.

His hands are also glass. He breaks his hand wearing 12oz gloves, so just imagine him with 4oz gloves. He would never let his hands go and his style is trash against kicks. He's not knocking out anybody.

Floyd in his prime.

Go watch his old fights.

You dont know much about Floyd and thats coming from someone that dont even like him.

You say philly shell is worthless in mma than why does khabib use it? Hes not even a striker.

Floyd would only struggle in mma because of grappling

Floyd in his prime.

Go watch his old fights.

You dont know much about Floyd and thats coming from someone that dont even like him.

You say philly shell is worthless in mma than why does khabib use it? Hes not even a striker.

Floyd would only struggle in mma because of grappling

I came from Boxing to MMA. I've watched young prettyboy Floyd turn into Money Mayweather. I know a lot about Mayweather and I think he's a boxing savant, but his style of fighting does not translate to MMA.

Khabib doesn't shoulder roll from a Philly Shell stance. He rolls punches, but that is not the Philly shell. Khabib's striking is perfect compliment to his grappling. He knows what he can throw to always be a takedown threat which nullifies many of the best UFC strikers abilities. Wouldn't do well in a boxing ring, but in MMA it is perfect.

Floyd would struggle in MMA for many reasons. It's not just the grappling. His stance is lead leg heavy and his style consists of shoulder rolling, pot shot counters, and tying opponent up by clinching. It won't work when kicks can out range his counters and damage his shoulder parry. His clinch defense doesn't work when the ref doesn't stop the action immediately and he has to deal with knees and take downs.

You also forgot his hands are made of glass and have broken multiple times in his career while wearing 12-16 oz gloves. His hands would shatter in a couple of rounds with 4oz gloves and/or his punching power will take a steep dive to prevent fractures.

what the shit?i assume by best striker we take into account striking defense and dude gets tagged on feet,he happens to have an iron chin.

• Went toe to toe with McGregor and dropped him
  • Showed no hespek for Gaethjes striking and battered him toe to toe
  • Stood with Johnson after being wobbled and landed clean on him
  • No hespek for Barbozas striking and went toe to toe with him several times
Hes landed on every opponent with ease.

News flash, great strikers ko people when standing.

It's not only the threat of the takedown. Khabib isn't just laying on you. He puts a beating on you and he's good at maintaining top position. That's against good/very good grapplers. Against poor ones like Gaethje he just makes quick work.
I said he's a dominant grappler. Dominant grappler includes heavy top pressure, constant ground and pound, and a looming submission threat. If your opponent possesses these traits, you're going to be extremely hesitant on omitting on a strike and are going to do everything to avoid fighting on the ground or in the clinch which includes lowering your hands, having low output, and panic striking.

Sambo have Boxing incorporated in style but Conor is much beter then Khabib in that department. Khabib was outpointet in fight with Connor on feet. Even Conor was tired and exhausted.

Not even close. Him being a great grappler and wrestler is the main reason why he is doing well on the feet against strikers. His striking is actually very good, but take away takedowns and he would lose to Gaethje, Poirer and McGregor.

Back