Khabib Is Right - Eastern Europeans Will Take Over

I don't know about take over.....but Europeans fighters are going to have a lot more impact over the next 5 years.

I don't think Sambo was what he was saying their success will stem from. It's those insane international wrestlers that I've waited years to see. Those guys are such killers, I don't see why the American wrestlers that dominate MMA would have any more heart than the Soviet wrestlers. The major difference is the level of control that these guys are going to have on top of the freakish strength they're going to have. I have been dying to see these guys take up MMA for years. All it will take is for one monster to win a title, and then floodgates will come down.

Also the OP was bad and you should feel bad.

The main advantage we have in terms of MMA is the fact that the lifestyle many of us still have around these parts, and the exact lifestyle varies but we're all tough people around here that's for sure, breeds toughness. There's no easy day out there on the Tundra when a super pack of around 100, more or less, wolves roam around killing your livestock, man. Not to mention the weather, the tough parenting and the hunting trips. No joke.

Now that being said, there are other factors as well. If you look at the bone structure of guys like Ice Cold Igor and Sergey Kovalev you just get the feeling that these are hands that are literally designed to smash human skulls, my man. That bone structure combined with hand speed and the wrestling training that makes American college wrestling training camp look like a choir boy challenge, and you've got yourself a MMA super species.

First it was black super athletes now it's eastern Europeans while none of it has come to fruition. Khabib isn't Nostrodamus, at this little prediction will come to pass as well. You guys will bite on just about anything.

As an aside, I don't think Khabib has ever been wrong about something he said lol.

He picked Cerrone to beat Alvarez via better kicks and he said that Pettis would beat Melendez.

The guy with a few years of English practice can probably kick someone off the UFC set and take his spot. ;)

Eastern Europeans are historically terrible strikers with poor fight IQ. There is a reason Americans dominate fighting and the Olympics, they are just naturally stronger and smarter people with more heart in their toe than all of Russia.

First it was black super athletes now it's eastern Europeans while none of it has come to fruition. Khabib isn't Nostrodamus, at this little prediction will come to pass as well. You guys will bite on just about anything.

Well if it only was some lone guy running his mouth... The facts are undeniable when you look at the wrestling and when you look at Boxing. The fact of the matter is, my man, that these guys haven't been interested in pure MMA training yet and have yet, but mark my words, bro, because once the Russians, or any other one of these nations, produces their own Rory MacDonald, it's not gonna be some nerdy looking skinny dude with great technique. It's gonna be a densely boned, dark haired, thick dude build like a soviet tank WITH great technique.

Eastern Europeans are historically terrible strikers with poor fight IQ. There is a reason Americans dominate fighting and the Olympics, they are just naturally stronger and smarter people with more heart in their toe than all of Russia.

Terrible strikers?! What are you TALKING about, dude! Do I really have to bring up the great Klitschko bros and Mr. Sergey Kovalev and educate you on their KO rates, their reign of dominance and the proper execution of the sweet science as it stands today. Jesus Christ! Some people...

No one from any place is any tougher or has any more heart than anywhere else. We've seen American, Brazillian, Russian and Dagestani fighters wilt under pressure.

This isn't Dune, our world doesn't produce real life Fremen.

No one from any place is any tougher or has any more heart than anywhere else. We've seen American, Brazillian, Russian and Dagestani fighters wilt under pressure.

This isn't Dune, our world doesn't produce real life Fremen.

Oh you're greatly mistaken, my man. It is known throughout history that developed nations had a tendency become soft and had to come up with ways to keep themselves protected from their less developed, yet much tougher enemies, with the use of superior weaponry, use of mercenaries and better military training and discipline. If you're willing to dedicate yourself on the intricacies of details of military history you will surely understand this dichotomy that's been repeating itself over and over again in the human history.

Well if it only was some lone guy running his mouth... The facts are undeniable when you look at the wrestling and when you look at Boxing. The fact of the matter is, my man, that these guys haven't been interested in pure MMA training yet and have yet, but mark my words, bro, because once the Russians, or any other one of these nations, produces their own Rory MacDonald, it's not gonna be some nerdy looking skinny dude with great technique. It's gonna be a densely boned, dark haired, thick dude build like a soviet tank WITH great technique.

That dark hair, makes champions.

I hope not. They ruined boxing at the amateur and then professional level. Don't want anymore fighters with unpronounceable names slapping people to win decisions.

No, they won't.

Best possible answer.

People just can't tell cycles from trends. And even trends can be quickly reversed.

Predictions like that (10 years from now...) will never be fulfilled.

I hope not. They ruined boxing at the amateur and then professional level. Don't want anymore fighters with unpronounceable names slapping people to win decisions.

Decisions?! Kovalev has 26 wins with 23 by the way of KO/TKO! Big Wlad's got 63 wins with 53 KO/TKO! Vitali has 45 wins and 41 KO/TKO. I mean for Christ sake man! Get real! Your hate has blinded you to the FACTS, man!

Decisions?! Kovalev has 26 wins with 23 by the way of KO/TKO! Big Wlad's got 63 wins with 53 KO/TKO! Vitali has 45 wins and 41 KO/TKO. I mean for Christ sake man! Get real! Your hate has blinded you to the FACTS, man!

Against cans. Have you watched Wlad fight post say 2006? He's become John Ruiz 99% of the time.

You'll find good knockouts on most records, but most European fighters use the amateur style that win points victories in corrupt amateur boxing tournaments and no one wants to see that.

Oh you're greatly mistaken, my man. It is known throughout history that developed nations had a tendency become soft and had to come up with ways to keep themselves protected from their less developed, yet much tougher enemies, with the use of superior weaponry, use of mercenaries and better military training and discipline. If you're willing to dedicate yourself on the intricacies of details of military history you will surely understand this dichotomy that's been repeating itself over and over again in the human history.

Yea, if you want to talk history, sure.

But we're talking now. This isn't the Roman Empire fighting off the Huns. This is Americans and Brazillian and Russians and Japanese fighting each other. No one is coming out of the jungle or the Alps to take our shantytowns. This isn't no holds barred battles, this is sport fighting with rules and regulations. If you think growing up in the cold or the mountains gives you an edge anymore then have at it.

TS, wanna make a bet?

In two years, how many UFC champs will have been born in Eastern Europe (you know that Dagestan is in Caucasus, not Eastern Europe, right?)?

I bet less than 3. Two months av/sig bet. Wanna take it?

Against cans. Have you watched Wlad fight post say 2006? He's become John Ruiz 99% of the time.

You'll find good knockouts on most records, but most European fighters use the amateur style that win points victories in corrupt amateur boxing tournaments and no one wants to see that.

What exactly do you want to discuss here? Their KO rates or their quality of opponents of some "corruption" you perceive in European fights? I mean, first you're talking about a large amounts of decisions and when I give you the numbers you change your whole thing to talking about the quality of the opponents, is that what we're doing here now? Jesus man! Please tell me who is there for Wladimir to fight that he hasn't already beaten that you would not consider a "can"?

Oh, and by the way: Since 2006 Wlad's got 12 KO/TKO victories.

The guy who got his ass whooped by tibau said this?

TS, wanna make a bet?

In two years, how many UFC champs will have been born in Eastern Europe (you know that Dagestan is in Caucasus, not Eastern Europe, right?)?

I bet less than 3. Two months av/sig bet. Wanna take it?

Actually I'm betting less than 3 as well. You see, we haven't gotten the same interest in MMA yet in these parts of the world. I'm saying it's gonna take a much longer time than just a few years to have a fully developed Eastern European MMA specimen to take the MMA world by storm. Think of a Karelin, think of Kovalev, think of the Klitschkos but with a full time MMA training since they were but small children. Now that's what I am talking about here, my man.

Yea, if you want to talk history, sure.

But we're talking now. This isn't the Roman Empire fighting off the Huns. This is Americans and Brazillian and Russians and Japanese fighting each other. No one is coming out of the jungle or the Alps to take our shantytowns. This isn't no holds barred battles, this is sport fighting with rules and regulations. If you think growing up in the cold or the mountains gives you an edge anymore then have at it.

I'm not talking about the weather alone. There's the living conditions and willingness to apply yourself to a combat sport when that's your only way out from a bad situations. Think Jose Aldo for example. A guy like Aldo does not grow up in a nice, middle class family in California my man. Not by a long shot.

Back