Khabib Is Right - Eastern Europeans Will Take Over

Hammurabi

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So ever since one of the best in the business, Khabib Nurmagomedov, came out with the prediction that American fighters are scared of the Eastern European wrestlers and sambo men, people have been begging me to chime in with my 10 cents, guys. Well before hitting you guys from another angle here and actually providing factual evidence where I build my educated opinion upon, I wanted to wait for the knee jerk threads go away and let people blow off some steam so we can have an intelligent discussion here. Moreover, guys, let me just point out that we're not here to let this devolve into flame wars or racist discussion. Please let's keep this civil, man.

Now that we've got the disclaimers out of the way, man, let me start of by saying that I think it's quite obvious that I'm gonna have to agree with Khabib 100%. Why do I say this? Why would I side with such a bold statement you ask? I'm glad you asked because let me explain exactly why I'm convinced the Eastern Europeans are coming in with a force. The simple fact is, and there's no denying the facts here, dude, that Eastern Europeans have taken over the toughest combat sports in the world. Now I'm of course talking about the SPORT of wrestling (Not that TV Spectacle Americans call Wrestling by the way), and the sweet science that is the sport of boxing, my friends.

Now wrestling has been traditionally dominated by these people of the harsh mountain ranges of the eastern Europe and I believe we all know that deep inside, man. Well what a lot of people might not be aware of is how we have taken over the sport of Boxing as well, guys. The Klitschko brothers have dominated the heavyweights for years and we've got new prospects coming in as we speak. Don't get me started with hyping up Mr. Kovalev because that's a whole another discussion.

Now when it comes to MMA, the fact is that the interest isn't quite there yet for these monster athletes to enter that sport from the young age. Yes, there are a few examples of successful MMA fighters but if you walk around these parts, you'd know that the true specimens are yet to enter the world of MMA and I for one believe that it's gonna elevate this sport into a whole another dimension guys. Give it another 10 years man and we're gonna see a renaissance in our beloved sport. So for all my American friends out there, don't be scared, man, because when these super athletes enter our sport, it's just gonna mean better, bigger fights. Peace.

No, they won't.

Are you familiar with Sergey Kovalev, bro? I mean have you seen the build on that guy? Oh yeah, when a guy with that bone structure and with that hand speed tags you on your jaw, my man, it's gonna be lights out and it's gonna be lights out for good. And wanna know what the kicker is, bro? These type of guys aren't rare up here. Yeah, let that sink in for a moment...

Nice thread well said
I think if we ever see Pettis vs Kabib , if will give this thread validity or disprove it.

It is rare to see someone say next to nothing with so much words. Cool. I kidna feel robbed of my time that I read the OP

Nice thread well said
I think if we ever see Pettis vs Kabib , if will give this thread validity or disprove it.

It's gonna be a great fight for sure and while everyone knows I absolutely hate giving predictions on fights I'm gonna have to put it out here that I'm convinced that Khabib will take that belt.

It is rare to see someone say next to nothing with so much words. Cool. I kidna feel robbed of my time that I read the OP

No it's not politicians do it all the time. I've literally listened to people talk in debates for an entire 2 minutes, and not say ANYTHING at all.

But yeah, i'll believe it when i see it. People were talking about the Asian invasion for a long time, and it's just never materialized.

As a long time Fedor fan i can see where you are coming from..
Yes sambo is an awesome base for mma
Yes Eastern Europeans have great wrestling and boxing ( much better than before)
No they will not be the only dominant fighters

A fighter is not only their training and skills, fighters need heart. Doesn't matter if your from europe, usa, canada or japan.
A fighter who is skilled and has heart will dominate. Doesn't matter where they are born.

Eastern europeans are the countries that are located in the eastern europe. There isnt any fighters out there that are good and eastern europeans. Mamed khalidov could be counted as a polak but thats about it.

Other than not knowing why your opinion should be so highly valued by myself or anyone else on the board, I'm on board with your post.

The door's open, the pipeline's laid down. Khabib Nurmagomedov may very well be the best wrestler in MMA today, but he faces an assassin in Anthony Pettis that is a uniquely American warrior: bred in the mixing pot, raised in the heartland, trained in martial arts from all over the world. Both Anthony and the man he defeated in Benson Henderson have far flung roots that combined in America to make them what they are.

So tell them to come on by. Tell eastern Europe to send its best sons and daughters. Lock them in the cage with our champions, all from the New World. We'll see who standing in the end. That's the most important part, not where they're from or who they worship.

Eastern europeans are the countries that are located in the eastern europe. There isnt any fighters out there that are good and eastern europeans. Mamed khalidov could be counted as a polak but thats about it.

I guess you're American, bro, but that's alright. I recommend you to check your facts and once you've done that, I recommend you get yourself a Master's degree, minimum,come take in Sweden or Finland preferable and once you've done that you might be able to discern the main facts of a well written opening statement.

But yeah, i'll believe it when i see it. People were talking about the Asian invasion for a long time, and it's just never materialized.

This IS the Asian invasion. Don't let the Russians in on it, but they're Asian, too.

Other than not knowing why your opinion should be so highly valued by myself or anyone else on the board, I'm on board with your post.

The door's open, the pipeline's laid down. Khabib Nurmagomedov may very well be the best wrestler in MMA today, but he faces an assassin in Anthony Pettis that is a uniquely American warrior: bred in the mixing pot, raised in the heartland, trained in martial arts from all over the world. Both Anthony and the man he defeated in Benson Henderson have far flung roots that combined in America to make them what they are.

So tell them to come on by. Tell eastern Europe to send its best sons and daughters. Lock them in the cage with our champions, all from the New World. We'll see who standing in the end. That's the most important part, not where they're from or who they worship.

I like your style, bro. I can't wait to see Khabib fight Pettis that

Well he fights enough to back up this statement...the only guy who constantly calls for a title shot while hurt

As a long time Fedor fan i can see where you are coming from..
Yes sambo is an awesome base for mma
Yes Eastern Europeans have great wrestling and boxing ( much better than before)
No they will not be the only dominant fighters

A fighter is not only their training and skills, fighters need heart. Doesn't matter if your from europe, usa, canada or japan.
A fighter who is skilled and has heart will dominate. Doesn't matter where they are born.

I don't think Sambo was what he was saying their success will stem from. It's those insane international wrestlers that I've waited years to see. Those guys are such killers, I don't see why the American wrestlers that dominate MMA would have any more heart than the Soviet wrestlers. The major difference is the level of control that these guys are going to have on top of the freakish strength they're going to have. I have been dying to see these guys take up MMA for years. All it will take is for one monster to win a title, and then floodgates will come down.

Also the OP was bad and you should feel bad.

Are you familiar with Sergey Kovalev, bro? I mean have you seen the build on that guy? Oh yeah, when a guy with that bone structure and with that hand speed tags you on your jaw, my man, it's gonna be lights out and it's gonna be lights out for good. And wanna know what the kicker is, bro? These type of guys aren't rare up here. Yeah, let that sink in for a moment...

"Intellectual, Wordsmith" why do you lie in your sig... bro

Back