• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Khabib interviewed about Usman's Loss

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score

- Looks like he was at an EFC event very shortly after UFC 278

- was unhappy with the outcome because of his friendship with Usman.

- Expected Usman to win but says this is how MMA is, if you don't defend yourself or keep your hands up for even just a second, it could be lights out.

- will wait a few days before reaching out to Usman to let things cool down first, because they get lots of people reaching out in the immediate aftermath.

- Feels Usman can beat Edwards in the trilogy but adds that a KO like that can be hard to recover from.

I thought he'd be happy for Edwards since they trained together in the past.

I remember Khabib looking really vulnerable standing up near the end of his fight against Al and honestly could had the same ending. Just shows a fight is never truly over until it’s over.

Edwards win was as flukey as Matt Serras over GSP. No doubt he will get dominated again in the 3rd fight.

That’s a little unfair to Edwards. He did become the first person to take down Usman and came close to submitting him.

I favor Usman in a rematch but Leon will always have slightly more than a punchers chance.

Good point Khabib, after such a crazy KO will be interesting to see if Usman recovers.

Edwards confidence will be through the roof the next time, which maybe wasn't the case this time.
He will also learn a lot from their second fight.

I'm picking Edwards, even though he was getting dominated for the most part in the second fight.

The interviewer said to Khabib, "looks like you got out at the right time because Charles was going to do that to you."

Back