Khabib has never fought a legitimate top 5 LW fighter

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'd just like to remind everyone that Khabib has never actually fought a legit top 5 LW fighter, while said fighter was deservedly ranked in the top 5.

He fought RDA before RDA was a top 5 guy. And Edson Barboza never should have been ranked top 5 -- Edson only got that top 5 rank because Conor, RDA, Cerrone, and Nate Diaz all left the LW division. Of course you are going to move up if 4* guys above you leave the division. The second Edson fought true top 5 fighters (Khabib, Kevin Lee), he got exposed.

I'm not denying that Khabib is a great fighter. He is without a doubt UFC championship level. However, people are acting like he could go 6-0 over the next few years fighting Conor, Tony, Poirier, Alvarez, Kevin Lee, etc. This is where I take issue with the Khabib fanboys -- the guy is totally unproven against true top 5 talent. Let's see how he handles other championship level guys, before we declare him the GOAT.

It's gonna be a first round knockout for Conor. There's no doubt in my mind.

No top 5 guy wanted to fight Khabib.

Lee called out Khabib but this was before he was in the top 5.

EDIT: I forgot about the attempted Tony matchups

Conor's gonna starch him and it'll be fkn hilarious around here.

He has 1 top 5 win ever. RDA was ranked number 5. Barboza was ranked number 5 contender so in real terms he was number 6 as the champion has always been number 1 but UFC have started to not rank champions for some stupid reason. Maybe to make it seem like top 6 wins are now top 5 wins.

I'd just like to make this post to remind everyone that OP is a turd

He has 1 top 5 win ever. RDA was ranked number 5. Barboza was ranked number 5 contender so in real terms he was number 6 as the champion has always been number 1 but UFC have started to not rank champions for some stupid reason. Maybe to make it seem like top 6 wins are now top 5 wins.

I get what you mean about "top 5". It's actually top 6, since the champion is #1. No argument there.

However,
if you look at the rankings, RDA was not top 5 when they fought.

And Barboza only became top 5 after Conor, Nate, RDA, and Cerrone, who were ALL ranked above him, left the division. I'm sorry but I can't count that as a legitimate top 5 fighter. Unless you are willing to call Tony Ferguson the undisputed LW champion, you can't call Barboza a top 5 fighter.

Barboza?

Man, the McNut-Hugging is reaching next level now that he's back from Twitter Titles.

Nate isn't a top 5 fighter either.

I did a research about it using internet wayback machine. Khabib fought two top 5 guys.

RDA was ranked #5 one day before Khabib fight. Khabib was #7
MJ was ranked #6 five days before Khabib fight
Barboza was ranked #4 few days before Khabib fight

Source: UFC.com/rankings

You literally just said Barboza was top 5.

No, read the title. "Legitimately". Do you consider Tony Ferguson & Colby Covington to be undisputed champions of their division? No, then you agree with me.

Before Barboza broke into the top 5, Nate Diaz, RDA, Conor, and Cerrone were all ranked above him. Then all 4 of those fighters left the division (which is incredibly unprecedented). Barboza only got that "top 5" spot because those guys left.

Thus, Barboza was not a legitimate top 5 fighter. He was the top 5 equivalent of a paper champion. Call it an "interim" top 5 -- although no official designation exists.

No, read the title. "Legitimately". Do you consider Tony Ferguson & Colby Covington to be undisputed champions of their division? No, then you agree with me.

Before Barboza broke into the top 5, Nate Diaz, RDA, Conor, and Cerrone were all ranked above him. Then all 4 of those fighters left the division (which is incredibly unprecedented). Barboza only got that "top 5" spot because those guys left.

Thus, Barboza was not a legitimate top 5 fighter. He was the top 5 equivalent of a paper champion. Call it an "interim" top 5 -- although no official designation exists.
Nah your opinion doesn't count as fact.

I did a research about it using internet wayback machine. Khabib fought two top 5 guys.

Irrelevant. Barboza was ranked behind Conor, RDA, Cerrone, and Diaz before he became top 5. All those guys left the LW division, which is unprecedented, He was top 5 by default. He's the top 5 equivalent of an interim champion. The second Barboza fought TRUE top 5 talents (Khabib, Lee), he got starched.

That is not a legitimate top 5 win, unless you're a blind Khabib fanboy.

Irrelevant. Barboza was ranked behind Conor, RDA, Cerrone, and Diaz before he became top 5. All those guys left the LW division, which is unprecedented, He was top 5 by default. He's the top 5 equivalent of an interim champion. The second Barboza fought TRUE top 5 talents (Khabib, Lee), he got starched.

That is not a legitimate top 5 win, unless you're a blind Khabib fanboy.
Are you retarded or what? Ignorant? ufc.com Media ranked RDA #5 how can you say Khabib hasn't fought top 5 guy? The rankings you are making in your head means jack shit. RDA was legit top guy at the time. Pls stop trolling. Khabib would rape Poirier and Lee. We only have doubts about his success against Tony and Conor. He'd beat everyone else without much sweat

It's gonna be a first round knockout for Conor. There's no doubt in my mind.

No doubt at all? That's bizarre, if not outright stupid.

I'm a fan of both guys and I don't know how anyone can be that confident in either side. This is an extremely dangerous fight for both fighters. Their strengths and weaknesses dovetail perfectly.

It's rare to get a championship fight with such extreme dangers on both sides.

You can't trust UFC rankings. Literally everyone else had Nate Diaz ranked at #5 when RDA fought Khabib. SOURCE:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-division-following-ufc-fight-night-37#slide6

You can see the UFC moved RDA up 1 and Nate Diaz down 1, despite neither fighter actually winning or losing in the prior 4 months. The UFC does this to hype fights. By arbitrarily moving Nate Diaz down (despite having JUST beaten Gray Maynard, who was well regarded at the time), the UFC create a "top 5" fighter in RDA.

Independent rankings had RDA at #6 at the time.

Back