Khabib has never fought a legitimate top 5 LW fighter

It's gonna be a first round knockout for Conor. There's no doubt in my mind.
You're heavily underestimating Khabib's chin, the guy can walk through some really heavy punches without getting phased. There's also the issue of size difference between Khabib and Conor, so I don't really think Conor is going to score that one punch KO. Sure, Conor can outstrike Khabib systematically, but that's not going to happen, because all Khabib needs is a single takedown to cover Conor like a meat blanket and keep grinding him into bonemeal for the entirety of the round. Oh, and after the first round, Conor can say bye-bye to any chance of a knockout, because he's going to be exhausted after getting humped by Khabib.

I'd just like to remind everyone that Khabib has never actually fought a legit top 5 LW fighter, while said fighter was deservedly ranked in the top 5.

He fought RDA before RDA was a top 5 guy. And Edson Barboza never should have been ranked top 5 -- Edson only got that top 5 rank because Conor, RDA, Cerrone, and Nate Diaz all left the LW division. Of course you are going to move up if 4* guys above you leave the division. The second Edson fought true top 5 fighters (Khabib, Kevin Lee), he got exposed.

I'm not denying that Khabib is a great fighter. He is without a doubt UFC championship level. However, people are acting like he could go 6-0 over the next few years fighting Conor, Tony, Poirier, Alvarez, Kevin Lee, etc. This is where I take issue with the Khabib fanboys -- the guy is totally unproven against true top 5 talent. Let's see how he handles other championship level guys, before we declare him the GOAT.
Lol not counting RDA as a top win yet you Colin nuthuggers refer his win over Max as some GOAT level shit

Are you retarded or what? Ignorant? ufc.com Media ranked RDA #5 how can you say Khabib hasn't fought top 5 guy? The rankings you are making in your head means jack shit. RDA was legit top guy at the time. Pls stop trolling. Khabib would rape Poirier and Lee. We only have doubts about his success against Tony and Conor. He'd beat everyone else without much sweat

Are you retarded??? Do you have a fucking brain??? UFC.com rankings are irrelevant.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-division-following-ufc-fight-night-37#slide6

Nate Diaz was coming off a win, and RDA hadn't fought in months. Despite this, the UFC arbitrarily moved RDA up to #5 and Nate Diaz down to #6 JUST before his fight with Khabib. Do you think this is coincidence???? The UFC do this all the time. They make arbitrary rankings to hype fights. Now RDA is a "top 5 fighter" that they can advertise for UFC on Fox.

RDA was independently ranked #6 at the time, behind Nate Diaz.

You can't trust UFC rankings. Literally everyone else had Nate Diaz ranked at #5 when RDA fought Khabib. SOURCE:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-division-following-ufc-fight-night-37#slide6

You can see the UFC moved RDA up 1 and Nate Diaz down 1, despite neither fighter actually winning or losing in the prior 4 months. The UFC does this to hype fights. By arbitrarily moving Nate Diaz down (despite having JUST beaten Gray Maynard, who was well regarded at the time), the UFC create a "top 5" fighter in RDA.

Independent rankings had RDA at #6 at the time.
Who cares what bleacherbumtards.com thinks? We have official rankings and this matters the most. And what happened when RDA and Diaz fought? Alright even if they moved him up then rightully so,, RDA wrecked diaz when they fought. Khabib has two top 5 wins. End of thread. What is your problem. when khabib beats conor you are going to call Conor a FW? and not legit win for Khabib?

What a stupid thread. Op's getting angry no one agrees with him lol.

Look guys, lets just treat him like a child and agree with him so the baby stops fussing

Who cares what bleacherbumtards.com thinks? We have official rankings and this matters the most. And what happened when RDA and Diaz fought? Alright even if they moved him up then rightully so,, RDA wrecked diaz when they fought. Khabib has two top 5 wins. End of thread. What is your problem. when khabib beats conor you are going to call Conor a FW? and not legit win for Khabib?

They were literally reporting the rankings verbatim from UFC.com

This is my point. The UFC arbitrarily moved RDA up to #5 just before his fight, and Nate down to #6, despite Nate having fought 3 months more recently and coming off a big win.

RDA was ranked #5 when Khabib beat him and he went on to become a champion less than a year later. Since Barboza was factually ranked in the top 5 when Khabib beat him but you make it a point to say he wasn't a legitimate top 5 fighter at the time, then how the hell was RDA not a legit top 5 fighter when Khabib fought him?

I'm rooting for Khabib with all my heart but I'm not calm. He didn't convince me yet. His record is amazing but I can't see the top notch opponent. He still could beat Conor because Conor is barely more than a social media sensation. Conor had two important moments in his life: fast lucky punch on Aldo and the boxing contract against Floyd. These two moments made him famous and rich. Out of these things he is a average martial artist with average record and career in age 30. If Khabib's 26-0 is real and solid Conor has no chance but I'm still not convinced. I hope I'm wrong.

Im gonna adopt OPs logic:

Other than the times he lost Conor Mcgregor is undefeated.

So do I get this right?
TS: RDA was not ranked top 5 according to the rankings
Posters posts UFC ranking that proves RDAs ranking at 5.
TS: That ranking does not count!

<mma4>

You literally contradict the premise of your thread in your first post. Difference between khabib and those other guys, all of them have losses on their records. And 3 of the 5 fighters you mentioned have losses to guys Khabib recently smashed through. MJ beat poirier + ferguson, Iaquinta beat lee. How do you then say they are not top competition ?

I'm not going to call Khabib GOAT LW yet and I'd call the LW champion question únclear' at this point. I think Khabib is one of the most impressive LWs I've seen at this point but need to see him against Tony, Lee, Conor etc before I comment further.
Khabib absolutely has 2 legit top 5 wins at LW.
Fair enough?

Yup he sucks. Worst fighter on the roster. Maybe in history.

... so when he absolutely demolishes Conor and dominates him for an entire fight... Conor must REALLY suck. Brilliant daily bitching setup you Conor superfans are doing.

If Khabib rolls through Conor like he does everyone else he’s fought, will we say Conor isn’t a lw ?
The reason Khabib has so few top 5-10 caliber fighters on his resume is because of both injuries and lack of competition. No one wanted to fight him. Much like Usmans current situation, a dangerous fighter that isn’t getting a chance to prove himself because he’s a nightmare for his divison

Are you retarded??? Do you have a fucking brain??? UFC.com rankings are irrelevant.

Nate Diaz was coming off a win, and RDA hadn't fought in months. Despite this, the UFC arbitrarily moved RDA up to #5 and Nate Diaz down to #6 JUST before his fight with Khabib. Do you think this is coincidence???? The UFC do this all the time. They make arbitrary rankings to hype fights. Now RDA is a "top 5 fighter" that they can advertise for UFC on Fox.

RDA was independently ranked #6 at the time, behind Nate Diaz.

You seem like a lot of fun a parties.

Never fought the Pettis/Melendez/Bensons/Thompsons of LW when they were on top

Khabib has NO wins over any currently ranked top 5 LWs

Khabib hasn't fought Alvarez/Porier/Nate/Gathje/Lee/Furgeson etc etc etc etc

Khabib avoided so many of the top LWs of yester-year AND TODAY

And yet people call Conor the "cherry picker" or claim Conor was "babied?"

It's amazing how sherdoggers shit on Conor yet Conor has more wins over currently ranked top 5 LWs (Alvarez and Poirier) And Conor made them look like amatures

Khabib has been living off his win over a pre-prime RDA for a decade. Conor embarresed Alvarez straight off of Alvarez actually dethroning CHAMP RDA.

LW is the deepest division in MMA history but it's honestly impressive how Khabib avoided fighting all the top LWs (minus a pre-prime RDA)

Is Khabib the LW Rousey?

Conor is the championship calibre fighter with actual championship experience

People are grossly under rating Conor here

Last edited:
Khabib needs to fight Conor, Lee and Ferguson to prove that he is the best lightweight in the UFC today.

Alvarez didn't want to fight Khabib when he was champion, it's why the UFC were able to get away with paying him such a low amount for the Conor fight. They simply threatened to give Khabib the next title shot and Eddie wanted no part of him.

Nate turned down Khabib 3 times throughout the course of his career, this is well known.

Lee was never in a position to fight Khabib; as much as I like Kevin, Khabib was already the #1 contender while Lee wasn't even in the top 10 at the time.

Ferguson pulled out of UFC 223, and Gaethje/Poirier were never in a position to challenge for the title or the #1 contender spot until Dustin beat Eddie recently.

He would've absolutely mauled Pettis when he was champion, let's not even go there. One of Pettis' main weaknesses is his takedown defense, and Khabib knows how to expoit that better than anyone.

Cliffs: Khabib has never ducked anyone, more often than not HE was the one being ducked as he was rising through the LW ranks.

Alvarez didn't want to fight Khabib when he was champion, it's why the UFC were able to get away with paying him such a low amount for the Conor fight. They simply threatened to give Khabib the next title shot and Eddie wanted no part of him.

Nate turned down Khabib 3 times throughout the course of his career, this is well known.

Lee was never in a position to fight Khabib; as much as I like Kevin, Khabib was already the #1 contender while Lee wasn't even in the top 10 at the time.

Ferguson pulled out of UFC 223, and Gaethje/Poirier were never in a position to challenge for the title/#1 contender spot until Dustin beat Eddie recently.

He would've absolute mauled Pettis when he was champion, let's not even go there. One of Pettis' main weaknesses is his takedown defense, and Khabib knows how to expoit that better than anyone.
This. Everyone will get it, when the time comes, just like Conor.

Back