• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Khabib goes full "Dana was never my friend" with strong jabs at UFC over figther pay.

Eagle will have a much bigger starting fanbase than Masvidal's D-League... A lot of Arab and Russian money around him, a lot of friends in high places.

It has half a chance of doing well.

Is Ramzan Kadyrov involved ? Probably some good old Chechen Warlord Blood Money

The UFC has a "first player" advantage with years of logistics being developed. Truth is, it is near impossible for a new organization to pay their fighters better than the UFC and not eventually go bankrupt.

He's not the first to challenge Dana by picking up spent fighters UFC released and trying to piggy-back off Dana's work.

Hope he ends up where everyone else did.
Shame on you wishing someone to fail for the guy who has more money than all the fighters combined when he never had a fight in there

Morons,

If you think compensating fighters more than the competition will make an organization successful, you’re in for a disappointment. Khabib is a beaten man right now and doesn’t understand how the machine works He can pay all his fighters a million bucks each….it won’t matter if he can’t sell PPV’s. He’ll be outta business faster than Affliction.
How are the Paul brothers doing it then?

Can someone explain to me why Eagle FC s first event has #40 something on it? Or am I retarded

How are the Paul brothers doing it then?

Brothers? Logan didn’t get paid. As for that dumb-looking oaf brother of his I don’t think he made as much as he claims either. That Triller thing is a joke. I don’t watch it and I definitely wouldn’t watch the Disney brothers. They can make videos of themselves waving money around and wear rental jewelry all they want. That act is old. Only little kids believe in that gimmick.

Made rich enough by the UFC to buy a smaller fight organization, says nothing about fighter pay during his stint, now starts talking. Iz normal

The UFC has a "first player" advantage with years of logistics being developed. Truth is, it is near impossible for a new organization to pay their fighters better than the UFC and not eventually go bankrupt.

the only advantage the ufc has is the contracts and how they have most of the popular talent in mma signed to exclusive deals.

once those contracts are deemed illegal, all advantages the ufc has/had will be nullified.

bellator has viacom to back them. eagle fc has arab/russian oligarch money backing them. imo, it's a matter of time before the ufc is drained of all its high profile talent and are forced to start co-promoting events.

if anything, the ufc has saturated the market with mediocre mma. they were so concerned about the number of events but not the quality. why would any new org try and have events every week? why would they try to sign 500 mediocre fighters to their roster?

you can have 3-4 high profile mega events every year and that should sustain the business model for decades. the fanbase is there, the money is there and the ability to broadcast worldwide has never been easier than before.

Brothers? Logan didn’t get paid. As for that dumb-looking oaf brother of his I don’t think he made as much as he claims either. That Triller thing is a joke. I don’t watch it and I definitely wouldn’t watch the Disney brothers. They can make videos of themselves waving money around and wear rental jewelry all they want. That act is old. Only little kids believe in that gimmick.
How about Conor vs Floyd?

How about Conor vs Floyd?

What about them? UFC cross promoted that fight with Floyd. Where is this “money team”? What fights do they put on?

Eagle FC should be renamed the CTE.

Rashad, Diego, Kharitonov even Spong...Young huns
It should be called Ali FC instead, since Ali Abdelaziz is the one running it and pimping Khabib's name, just like he used Ray Sefo as the front man for One FC while behind the scene he was fight fixing and illegally being a manager and match maker. Notice all his clients are the ones that are fighting? I my neck of the woods: "we call that a clue".

Hopefully Khabib pays his fighters better

People forget that low pay isn't only a UFC problem, it's an MMA problem and honestly I don't expect Khabib to be much better. We'll see

Professional combat sports allow you to have sponsors in the ring or cage to walking out in shirts hats to various patches on your trunks the front the back.
The Reebok venum uniform really stuck it to the fighters. And with the crypto sponsor they get nothing from is just really funny and they have to walk out in that. It’s pretty unbelievable.

In 2009 a guy like Joe Lauzon made 54k in sponsorships in the cage. His pay was 10k/10k to fight.

Back