Khabib Eating Barboza's Spinning Back Kick

I compete at a professional level, you seriously don't know what the fuck you're looking at. If green shifted correctly his temple would STILL be there.. You've never competed have you? You don't know what you're watching sorry.
Suuure you're a pro. Why not submit your stuff to sherdog and confirmed bro? Oh that's right, because you're full of shit.

He completely ducks his head and shifts his body. It's why the kick lands on Green's neck. The back of Green's head turned toward Edson's calf.

Win by TJ but still early stoppage. I wanted more pounding

Make sure to activate the sound.

Barboza is probably the most dangerous kicker in the LW division.

giphy.gif

Didn’t land clean with the heel of the foot.

Agreed, Khabib should win 9/10 times. I still do not think people grasp how good he is. If Conor loses, that means jack really, doesn't mean he sucks, it rather just means Khabib is possibly the greatest fighter we have ever seen - raised from birth to be a Spartan, whilst growing fighting bears in the most war torn place on the planet.
tumblr_nixapdSjIN1renuivo1_500.gif

On a kick like that, your calf almost becomes a "pillow" and would deaden the impact some since it would only be partially flexed or solid in any way. Other parts of your leg are doing the swinging work.

I'm sorry, but while that impact prolly sucked and did sound cool, it would be pretty funny if Khabib got knocked out by a spinning calf to the neck/chin/shoulder region. That was not the full power of that kick by any stretch. As others have mentioned, on top of that, that was a far from fresh, beat up Barbosa.

I can't even believe I'm adding my 2 cents here like any of the fucking Khabib is God groupies in this thread are gonna get it.

No way Khabib takes that shot if Barboza was Irish. He wouldn't have to.

No way Khabib takes that shot if Barboza was Irish. He wouldn't have to.

Suuure you're a pro. Why not submit your stuff to sherdog and confirmed bro? Oh that's right, because you're full of shit.

He completely ducks his head and shifts his body. It's why the kick lands on Green's neck. The back of Green's head turned toward Edson's calf.

Because I browse sherdog to read certain threads, not to be a 'confirmed pro' You can't imagine a pro posting on sherdog without getting 'confirmed' on sherdog? how prestigious a title it is, is that what you would do if you were a professional? you'd get 'confirmed' on sherdog? You really need to get out more lol.

Again, you don't know what you're watching.

I'll break it down for you, he sees barboza spin, he drops his right hand and he shuts his eyes, ducking his head in this situation would give the heel potential to wrap around and hit the back of the head. He is doing everything wrong, shifting his stance would do literally nothing, his head would remain in almost the exact same place, he is knocked off balance due to his foot not being under him and his lead leg being at an awkward angle, a strong wind would have tipped him over at this point.

You've never fought/trained a day in your life at any level, amateur/semipro/professional. You're one of the shittest posters on this site.

And yet he got Floored and Khabib marched forward. Keep hating kid.

Here you are claiming that Khabib has an iron chin.

Khabibs weight was centered, Greens was not. 'floored' .. his legs weren't under him, this is no indicator khabib has an iron chin. khabib is stepping in to the kick, he marched forward/to the outside of the kick the whole fight.. and you try and rehash it as 'dashing in' .... do you have a blackbelt in a mcdojo? you're a special kind of retard.

Again, you've never trained a day in your life. You're on sherdog constantly thinking you're some authority on MMA. You're pathetic.

PS; i get on sherdog once a week or so, i've got that real life thing to do, training, gf, work, i can't keep up with your posting, just here to check in and tell you you're dumb as fuck and know nothing about what you see, yet you continue to act like you KNOW shit... embarrassing as fuck.

Because I browse sherdog to read certain threads, not to be a 'confirmed pro' You can't imagine a pro posting on sherdog without getting 'confirmed' on sherdog? how prestigious a title it is, is that what you would do if you were a professional? you'd get 'confirmed' on sherdog? You really need to get out more lol.

Again, you don't know what you're watching.

I'll break it down for you, he sees barboza spin, he drops his right hand and he shuts his eyes, ducking his head in this situation would give the heel potential to wrap around and hit the back of the head. He is doing everything wrong, shifting his stance would do literally nothing, his head would remain in almost the exact same place, he is knocked off balance due to his foot not being under him and his lead leg being at an awkward angle, a strong wind would have tipped him over at this point.

You've never fought/trained a day in your life at any level, amateur/semipro/professional. You're one of the shittest posters on this site.
Khabib also turn his head when he moves with the kick. Heel wrap behind his head too.

I have been traing for the majority of my life. You're full of shit. You're not a pro. Keep living out your fantasy. Goodbye.

Khabib also turn his head when he moves with the kick. Heel wrap behind his head too.

I have been traing for the majority of my life. You're full of shit. You're not a pro. Keep living out your fantasy. Goodbye.

Khabib is stepping in.. OBVIOUSLY the heel wraps around the back of his head.

Embarrassing.

Here you are claiming that Khabib has an iron chin.

Khabibs weight was centered, Greens was not.

Again, you've never trained a day in your life. You're on sherdog constantly thinking you're some authority on MMA. You're pathetic.
Stop pretending you're a pro kid. I have trained with pros from boxing, kickboxing, and mma. They don't go around yelling about it on a forum because they have nothing to prove. You're a fake kid. I see through you.

Khabib is stepping in.. OBVIOUSLY the heel wraps around the back of his head.

Embarrassing.
You just condemned Green's action for having the same result as Khabib's. Both turn, try to move away and get hit.

Khabib moves with the kick, not towards Edson, and ends up with less damage.

You just condemned Green's action for having the same result as Khabib's. Both turn, try to move away and get hit.

Khabib moves with the kick, not towards Edson, and ends up with less damage.

Have you ever competed? where do you train?

There is no proof of khabibs 'chin' in this thread.

Yes, he moves with the kick. AKA stepping IN. the reason it lands 'better' on green is because he turns his body/head (the wrong thing to do... inexperienced striker) and removes half of his centered weight, the kick lands when he has one foot on the floor. That is not him being 'floored' by the kick, it's his inexperience in the striking, Khabib turns his head, because he is inexperienced, but atleast he keeps his hand up, he's constantly pressuring barboza meanwhile Green had his back against the fence.

Do you dispute any of the above, seriously?

Ps when I say he's stepping in, I don't mean in a straight line TOWARD barboza, I mean he's stepping with the kick so the calf wraps around, he does the bare minimum to fend the kick off and it works. Any form of stepping in/with the kick will negate the power of the kick. I was arguing that Green does the complete wrong thing, and that the only reason he's knocked down is because he's on ONE foot.

Last edited:

Basic concept, any form of stepping in/following the kick will offset the kick.

No proof of khabibs chin.

Nor is the green knock down, khabib did the bare minimum, the kick still landed but with little power.

Both inexperienced strikers. + fighting is not pressing a button on a control pad, it's milliseconds, no proof of khabibs great chin. His first true chin test will come against Conor.

Have you ever competed? where do you train?
Not at serious level but I am training for grappling tournaments at the moment. NOLABJJ is where I train now. I bounced around places for a while tho.

There is no proof of khabibs 'chin' in this thread.
The shot was not soft by any mean but yes, not a a good durability test.

Yes, he moves with the kick. AKA stepping IN. the reason it lands 'better' on green is because he turns his body/head (the wrong thing to do... inexperienced striker) and removes half of his centered weight, the kick lands when he has one foot on the floor. That is not him being 'floored' by the kick, it's his inexperience in the striking, Khabib turns his head, because he is inexperienced, but atleast he keeps his hand up, he's constantly pressuring barboza meanwhile Green had his back against the fence.
So basically it's like I said earlier. Khabib had more room to maneuver since he was on open mat and executed the maneuver better.
giphy.gif

Does not close distance, moves with the kick, turns his head, and tucks his chin.

Green had less room to move and thus got hit and dropped. Plus Edson had better footing against Green.
Do you dispute any of the above, seriously?
Nope. Didn't in the first place. They react in similar ways. Khabib does a better job.

Khabib doesn't set in. He dashes with the kick at an angle.

Green shifts to avoid gettong hit on the temple. And attemps to move with the kick.

The temple isn't the only dangerous spot... He isn't thinking 'i must protect my temple' he simply has a brainfart, hence dropping his hands and closing his eyes. He's not experienced.

Anyway, you do you. goodnight experienced mma warlord who has never been wrong, ever. Except the vast majority of the time. ;)

Back