Khabib - Cant punch or kick

Would be a nightmare for Zuffa from a marketing perspective if Khabib was champ.
lmfao little did he know.. khabib became the biggest star and currently runs the UFC

lmfao little did he know.. khabib became the biggest star and currently runs the UFC
conor is still the biggest star, but I agree, khabib is probably the fighter who has the most leverage against the ufc 100 per cent.

To me it's more of a question of whether or not Pettis will finish Khabib in one round or two. Either way he's gonna get exposed badly and everyone around here who sincerely has deluded themselves into thinking he's some future GOAT is going to be absolutely stunned and it'll be fuckin ace. He has never fought one such blistering storm of finishing offensive techniques as ANTHONY PETTIS (p4p #5).

ucE5Wmc.gif

Check out Nostradamus here ^

Great post from the past.

What this thread also shows is that Khabib has been very fortunate/smart to get the right fights at the right times. 2015 Khabib gets murked by the top 5. Just look what happened to his buddy Khabilov when he stepped up to fight Benson.

Back then Khabilov was thought to be the better prospect.
this is absolutely true, but khabilov was buried by the UFC for no real reason. he was on a 6 fight winning streak, and they kept giving him people no one had heard of.

i also think going to jackson's was a huge mistake by rustam. AKA would've been much better suited for him.

this is absolutely true, but khabilov was buried by the UFC for no real reason. he was on a 6 fight winning streak, and they kept giving him people no one had heard of.

i also think going to jackson's was a huge mistake by rustam. AKA would've been much better suited for him.

Well it's not the UFCs fault that he's losing to these "people no one had heard of".

There is certainly still some holes in Khabib's striking, but that isn't really a concern when his striking offense and defense are good enough to compete with elite level strikers and his grappling his beyond the level of any other fighter on the roster. The only other person with the BJJ to counter to Khabib POTENTIALLY is Tony Ferguson. So who knows. we all hope this fight happens, but i really don't know.

What’s so special about Tony’s BJJ that he’s the only answer to Khabib? Poirier is also a BJJ black belt. I keep saying this, everyone talks up Khabibs next opponent because they want to believe he will be beaten. I used to go through the same thing with the Patriots, I’d convince myself they’d lose yet they always won. After the games I realized I only looked at the strengths of their opponents caused I wanted them to win so bad. Clouded judgement when you’re emotionally invested in an outcome. I see that a lot with Tony fans and/or Khabib haters when analyzing the fight.

Well it's not the UFCs fault that he's losing to these "people no one had heard of".
obviously. but after losing to benson and martins, he was buried deep into the prelims and never climbed out, even after winning 6 in a row. that kind of streak in the UFC usually gets you a top 10 opponent, or at least a spot on the main card. he fucked himself royally losing his last fight, but i guess that happens eventually.

i just feel like he should (and could) have been a star, if he was brought along properly and given the right fights. even after henderson schooled him.

What’s so special about Tony’s BJJ that he’s the only answer to Khabib? Poirier is also a BJJ black belt. I keep saying this, everyone talks up Khabibs next opponent because they want to believe he will be beaten. I used to go through the same thing with the Patriots, I’d convince myself they’d lose yet they always won. After the games I realized I only looked at the strengths of their opponents caused I wanted them to win so bad. Clouded judgement when you’re emotionally invested in an outcome. I see that a lot with Tony fans and/or Khabib haters when analyzing the fight.
I did the same thing with the Pat's. I hated them so long I ended up knowing them inside out. I feel like I follow them more than my own team st this point. Ive lost my hatred for them and just accept greatness

OP be like * throw towel over shoulder* instant mma coach

TS last activity was 3 days before Khabibs title win. He saw it coming.

Insane to compare Poirier and Tony’s BJJ, one day when they face off you’ll see the difference in skill level on the feet and ground.

If you hyped up Dustin that’s your own fault, but Dustin hasn’t recorded a submission win since 2012 and has fought nearly 15 times since then. Tony has consistently subbed top 5 fighters for awhile now. The skill sets are 100% different and he also has the cardio to not slow down when Khabib tries to wet blanket him for the first 3 rounds.

Back