Khabib beating 38 year old GSP is irrelevant compared to beating Usman.

Nobody considers Usman a bigger win than GSP, even if GSP is old.

I understand why Khabib wont fight GSP at 170. Hes bigger and heavier, but wants to cut weight.

He is really that concerned about being smaller than his opponent. His style kind of relies on being bigger and stronger.

This is why ill never consider khabib the goat, hes constantly killing himself to fight smaller guys, like Conor did early in his career.

Youre taking advantage of a weight cut system. It may be legal but Im going to take it in to consideration when looking at your all time status.

Hes only fought one guy bigger than him in the UFC, and he arguably lost.

GSP was 190 at Bisping fight.
After colitis he did a lot of cleaning and fasting, now he is at 183
That's less than Khabib's walk around weight,

I mean, he proves more by beating Usman, but it looks better on paper to beat GSP.

If he beats Tony and Justin he needs to challenge for the belt at 170.

If he does that and defends at 170 while remaining undefeated hes arguably GOAT.

There will always be another LW contender. He will never clean that division out, but I agree that if he plans on retiring after a few more fights then he should challenge himself at WW at least once.

My dream scenario is that Colby wins the WW belt and we get khabib vs. Colby.

Last edited:
Anderson silva has nothing to do with the thread topic. But in case you missed it Anderson won the MW belt and defended it 11 times instead of vacating and running away from his toughest challenger.

GSP also defended the belt countless of times in his division, WW.

Both GSP and Anderson moved up and cherry picked.

GSP was scared of Anderson.
Anderson was scared of Jones.

They both fought fighters they knew they could beat. Forrest and Bisping were two of the most beatable champions MW and LHW ever had.

Georges hasn’t been relevant since Hendricks retired him in 2013. Beating a champion in his prime like Usman who is undefeated in the ufc is far more legacy building for Khabib.

He knows gsp will be drained and weak at 155, plus his cardio looked very weak in his one fight during the usada era.

Basically Khabib is trying to go the easiest route of adding a “big name” to his resume instead of jumping up a weight class to challenge Usman. A bit disappointing that khabib fanboys are eating this potential fight up.
Smart move by Khabib. Casuals don’t use context, so the name GSP seems like the most difficult fight and greatest achievement when it’s clearly not. Based on merit, he should fight Tony, then Gaethje then 170 champ.

Let GSP fight Conor. Let those money hungry clowns have their own ItsJustBusiness belt and let the real championship belts get some dignity back!

He wouldn't beat either so it doesn't really matter.

Why on earth would Khabib move up a weight class to fight someone who isn't popular or a draw? It's like, take a huge risk when you could fight much bigger names at your own weight class. It makes absolutely no sense unless they get the fight at 165. But I doubt Usman can make 165.

Cejudo took out P4P#1 Mighty Mouse, then P4P#5 TJ DIllashaw and then moved up against the relatively no name Morais for the double champ title. Moving up in weight is a big legacy building move.

Last edited:
Yes, and he’s been irrelevant since Hendricks retired him in 2013.

And yet after a 4 yr layoff he came back to a PvP buy of 875,000. The only other PvP that's done better since 217 was Khabib / McGregor. So please again, with detail and stats, why his name is irrelevant?

Usman is obviously a bigger name than GSP and would be better for Khabib legacy, the level of stupidity you reach with every post of yours is something else.

How do you get Usman is the bigger name? More people that watch MMA, including casuals, know GSP. On top of that, Usman has never headlined a PvP and was a co-main event of a Jon Jones PVP that only got 650K buys. Before using the word stupidity, look at what you write behind it and think if you just posted the same.

Georges hasn’t been relevant since Hendricks retired him in 2013. Beating a champion in his prime like Usman who is undefeated in the ufc is far more legacy building for Khabib.

He knows gsp will be drained and weak at 155, plus his cardio looked very weak in his one fight during the usada era.

Basically Khabib is trying to go the easiest route of adding a “big name” to his resume instead of jumping up a weight class to challenge Usman. A bit disappointing that khabib fanboys are eating this potential fight up.
and who has Usman beat? why should fighters care about beating Usman to be remembered as a GOAT?

I agree.

He just want to use GSP name to claim to be the greatest, because all the guys that he's beat suck.
He is 28-0 but when you see the names of the guys he's beat, most of them are cans, no big names.

And yet after a 4 yr layoff he came back to a PvP buy of 875,000. The only other PvP that's done better since 217 was Khabib / McGregor. So please again, with detail and stats, why his name is irrelevant?

How do you get Usman is the bigger name? More people that watch MMA, including casuals, know GSP. On top of that, Usman has never headlined a PvP and was a co-main event of a Jon Jones PVP that only got 650K buys. Before using the word stupidity, look at what you write behind it and think if you just posted the same.

I was ironic.

Agreed. It's funny though cause Khabib and GSP are trying to do the same thing to each other. One of them would be in for a nasty surprise. Anyhow bigger issue with stopping triple champs from snowballing than stopping this fight in particular.

I agree.

He just want to use GSP name to claim to be the greatest, because all the guys that he's beat suck.
He is 28-0 but when you see the names of the guys he's beat, most of them are cans, no big names.
Khabib has said GSP is actually his favorite fighter.
He went on Matt Serra's show and said "Sorry Matt Serra i root for GSP to beat you,GSP my #1 favorite fighter"
He wants to fight him because he considers him the BEST fighter he could possibly face,and GSP's still got it. Bisping may not have been the best MW he could have beat for the title,but he was still good enough to beat Rockhold,Hendo,and Anderson en route. And GSP beat him with years off.
So GSP's still got it. Its a fight everyone wanna see. Well everyone who isnt a pussy.

Hes naturally 15-20lbs heavier than those guys, a whole weight class bigger. He was 172 in the cage because you can only effectively put on so much extra weight before fighting. 17lbs seems about right.

He basically cuts weight his entire camp + the week before the fight, and he looks like hes going to pass out.
You can't cut weight an entire camp. Weight cutting aka water cut is only done fight week.

He's not 15 lbs heavier than anyone not even the lightest lightweight on the roster.

Lowering calories during fight camp will reduce your weight aka you become lighter. When fight week is around the corner hes 170 and inside the cage hes 170.

I would bet my life he was in not heavier than conor or Dustin anything more than 2-5 lbs max.

I weighed in 210 lbs at some point in my life. Doesn't mean im 210 atm. Whether the weight lose is over 2 months camp or two years you still losing the mass.

Water weight = cheating cause you can fill up right back. You can't fill 20 lbs of body mass over night. Water yes, not body mass (muscle, fat).

Last edited:
GSP wants this fight because everyone sees Khabib as the current KING,and he thinks he can beat him.
Khabib wants this fight because GSP is the UFC ALL TIME GOAT,and he thinks he can beat him.

GSP wants this fight because everyone sees Khabib as the current KING,and he thinks he can beat him.
Khabib wants this fight because GSP is the UFC ALL TIME GOAT,and he thinks he can beat him.
<TheDonald>

leg humpers recognize leg humpers
Whats worse,the leg humpers or the dudes who sit there and take it and cant do shit about it?

source.gif

G'wan Ronda,tell em not to.

They do anyway tho.

{<hhh]

You can't cut weight an entire camp. Weight cutting aka water cut is only done fight week.

He's not 15 lbs heavier than anyone not even the lightest lightweight on the roster.

Lowering calories during fight camp will reduce your weight aka you become lighter. When fight week is around the corner hes 170 and inside the cage hes 170.

I would bet my life he was in not heavier than conor or Dustin anything more than 2-5 lbs max.

Khabib is a HW fighter: Khabib needed two trips to the scales before finally making weight, being forced to strip naked to weigh in bang on the 155lbs Limit.

LOL

Back