Khabib’s Sambo is a joke compared to most MMA bases

made_4_u_usa_wrestling_singlet_1.jpg

Cool story bro
At least wrestling has its own gear. Sambo is the flea market of Martial Arts.

Listing two fighters as proof that Sambo works is stupid.

I'm not saying that it doesn't, or that Khabib or Fedor weren't successful fighters, but providing two examples out of the thousand of fighters doesn't really show anything.
Having two phenomenal, significantly above average fighters who share the same background isn't proof?

I'm not saying that every Sambo fighter is Fedor or Khabib, but it at least proves Sambo is not "a joke" as TS asserts. We can look at some pretty dogshit wrestlers in MMA. Same for boxing, kickboxing, BJJ, Muay Thai, karate, TKD...but they all have successful fighters, too. Same goes for Sambo.

Not sure what you're disagreeing with

Sambo is a joke...

a8faffa27366c6035352a43f945b5dbd.jpg

Basket ball shoes, soccer socks, gym shorts, a karate belt, UFC gloves, shaved legs, Olympic colors, ref in a clown outfit, a Jui jitsu GI, tkd Helmut on a Wrestling Mat. Get your shit together sambo.

Damn garage sale...

Lmao.

Even the biggest Khabib nuthugger and Sambo truther has to find that funny.

Sambo is a joke...

a8faffa27366c6035352a43f945b5dbd.jpg

Basket ball shoes, soccer socks, gym shorts, a karate belt, UFC gloves, shaved legs, Olympic colors, ref in a clown outfit, a Jui jitsu GI, tkd Helmut on a Wrestling Mat. Get your shit together sambo.

Damn garage sale...

His opponents don't seem to be in on it.

its basically a fight with padding. so they can go again and again and again. doesnt mean it isnt brutal. silly commenters

You are just blindly repeating what you heard Sonnen said, which was either some hype for the Fedor fight or he mixed-up sambo and systema (which is legit but lots of school went full bullshido and gave a horrible reputation).

A tiny non-olympic sport that barely exists outside Russia has produced the HW GOAT and a soon to be 27-0 champion and potential future GOAT of the UFC's deepest division.

I don't think SAMBO is a good martial art. If you could pick ONLY ONE to train SAMBO would be the thing to go for since it's a bit of everything.

But if you can combine several you're better off with standard freestyle wrestling, muay thai, BJJ.

You are just blindly repeating what you heard Sonnen said, which was either some hype for the Fedor fight or he mixed-up sambo and systema (which is legit but lots of school went full bullshido and gave a horrible reputation).

Didn’t hear Sonnen talk about sambo. Was he making fun of their outfits? If he was I will assume my comedic intuition is higher than the average human because chael is a witty mf.

Back