Khabib’s opponents before his UFC debut

khabib after Mcg fight
J1NdBsI.png

There's no doubt his record is extremely padded, but you also can't deny his ground game is on a completely other level.

It will be a very interesting fight.

The fact that he was fighting guys who had WAY more experience than he had is still pretty impressive. If they aren't training as hard it's on them.

Looks like Khabib took their souls. Never the same after...

I love Magomed Magomedov and Eldar Eldarov.

(Yeah I know how the etymology of their names works kthxbye.)

Last edited:
Khabib didn't have the opportunity to fight better opponents early on before entering the UFC, since coming into the UFC he has dominated every single fighter in his path one of the deepest divisions. People calling his record 'padded' (after never losing a round or fight in the UFC) are deluding themselves.

11 of those 16 guys has a name that ends in "ov". So does Khabib.

There's no doubt his record is extremely padded, but you also can't deny his ground game is on a completely other level.

This and this.

Khabib has a thin resume. His belt is disputed imo. But he is clearly one of the better LWs we ever seen. If he beats Orinoco it will settle things down a bit imo and turn the page on the last few crazy years at LW. Best case scenario would be that he and Ferguson fight next, but I'm not optimistic.

Jon Jones' pre-UFC resume was way worse than this and looked what he went on to do. :cool:

So what's your point? That as an up and comer from the age of 20 to 23 he was fighting other up and coming fighters?

Not sure whose mickey you're trying to nibble with this but if it's Conor's, please show us how amazing his quality of opponent was in his pre UFC fights

I'll give you a hand
0-0
0-0
0-1
2-1
1-1
4-1
1-1
4-6
11-4
2-1
6-1
10-1
21-2

And guess how many of the ones with shit records still have shit records?

Amazingly, we all have to start out somewhere

So what's your point? That as an up and comer from the age of 20 to 23 he was fighting other up and coming fighters?

Not sure whose mickey you're trying to nibble with this but if it's Conor's, please show us how amazing his quality of opponent was in his pre UFC fights

I'll give you a hand
0-0
0-0
0-1
2-1
1-1
4-1
1-1
4-6
11-4
2-1
6-1
10-1
21-2

Conor also lost to two of the cans he faced. <36>

Khabib tore through his can collection.

and Russian cans >>> Irish

Khabib didn't have the opportunity to fight better opponents early on before entering the UFC, since coming into the UFC he has dominated every single fighter in his path one of the deepest divisions. People calling his record 'padded' (after never losing a round or fight in the UFC) are deluding themselves.
You're he delusional one. You look crazy when you post stuff like that. NO ONE can argue his record is not padded, and I like Khabib and sort of hope he wins.

At least Conor fought 21-2, 10-1, 11-4, Khabib came into the UFC with one of the most padded records I've seen nothing but j-brones and I'm not impressed with his performances against the competition the UFC put him in there with either, he's literally beaten nobody, MMA justice warriors have latched onto him as some type of hero savior hahaha what a joke. I bet money he backs out of the fight or can't even make weight.

I think even the conor haters will admit this...if khabib has a difficult time getting conor down and keeping him down, khabib is going to have a very tough night...the longer this stays on the feet, the worse it is for khabib...I think everyone can agree on that.. and I suspect conor is training his grappling a ton for this fight...and yes, it will make a huge difference..

I'll give you a hand
0-0
0-0
0-1
2-1
1-1
4-1
1-1
4-6
11-4
2-1
6-1
10-1
21-2

I didn't realize just how padded Khabib's record was until this informative thread. Why are you so upset?

Back