Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

My 13.0 has an LPVO and my 13.9 will have one.

Going to try the new bad ass pro safety. Ordering a Sionics NP3 BCG later this week.

I WANT that new Razor from Vortex... but given the price I LIKELY will just get the Diamondback Tactical. That way I won't baby the rifle.

I WILL get a Razor or at minimum the Viper PST for my .308 though.
I have the 1-6 razor on an sbr....it's absolutely amazing. I was hesitant because of the price but after mounting and shooting it.....it's worth what I paid for it. Mine is in a geissele mount.

I have the 1-6 razor on an sbr....it's absolutely amazing. I was hesitant because of the price but after mounting and shooting it.....it's worth what I paid for it. Mine is in a geissele mount.
Fffffuuuuu.

How much was it out the door for you without the mount?

$1400
I ordered the factory throw lever for it which was around $60.
Goddamn. The Viper PST is only like $400 less.... MSRP the Vortex site lists the Razor at like $2000....

Goddamn. The Viper PST is only like $400 less.... MSRP the Vortex site lists the Razor at like $2000....
Had to check cc to be positive where I ordered...it was primary arms. Great company to deal with. I got the mount, lever, and gen 2 razor HD from them.

Had to check cc to be positive where I ordered...it was primary arms. Great company to deal with. I got the mount, lever, and gen 2 razor HD from them.
Is the zero stop relatively easy to use?

Is the zero stop relatively easy to use?
Yes. I was a bit nervous about that also but it was rather simple. I was a bit nervous about the entire set up actually. Is it worth it to spend damn near $2,000 on an optic, etc. I don't mind spending money on gun things....but damn.
After spending time with it I would definitely do it again.

Yes. I was a bit nervous about that also but it was rather simple. I was a bit nervous about the entire set up actually. Is it worth it to spend damn near $2,000 on an optic, etc. I don't mind spending money on gun things....but damn.
After spending time with it I would definitely do it again.
Well, time to save up for a higher zoom model on my AR10, probably on the 6.5 build I am doing, and the low power one for the 14.5" I have.

Well, time to save up for a higher zoom model on my AR10, probably on the 6.5 build I am doing, and the low power one for the 14.5" I have.
I don't think you will regret it. I have aimpoint, eotech, trijicon, and vortex on my Ar's. The razor is my favorite.

And I want a 6.5....

I don't think you will regret it. I have aimpoint, eotech, trijicon, and vortex on my Ar's. The razor is my favorite.

And I want a 6.5....
For my AR-10 project I have... a Rainier Arms ultramatch 18" barrel, the upper (complete from PSA) and an A2 style lower (complete) from PSA.... I still need a handguard, muzzle device, gas system and BCG and it'll then go bang.

My 6.5 build... I have the R700 receiver and.. that's it. WHOOPS

What I was honestly thinking of doing prior to getting my truck paid off was putting a Diamondback Tactical on the AR10 but I really want that gun to be a .308 version of a Mk12 SPR so I want something I can put a zero stop on for 100 meters and be in a "set and forget" sort of mode with it.

I figure once my pistol is done I will put the T1 on that, get a LPVO for the 14.5", get some sort of variable scope for the AR-10 and then a top tier one for the Creedmoor build.

But I still have an MRO laying around.... hrm.... OOOOOOOOO, I'll get an MPX for that shit and re-create the John Wick 3 MPX.

For my AR-10 project I have... a Rainier Arms ultramatch 18" barrel, the upper (complete from PSA) and an A2 style lower (complete) from PSA.... I still need a handguard, muzzle device, gas system and BCG and it'll then go bang.

My 6.5 build... I have the R700 receiver and.. that's it. WHOOPS

What I was honestly thinking of doing prior to getting my truck paid off was putting a Diamondback Tactical on the AR10 but I really want that gun to be a .308 version of a Mk12 SPR so I want something I can put a zero stop on for 100 meters and be in a "set and forget" sort of mode with it.

I figure once my pistol is done I will put the T1 on that, get a LPVO for the 14.5", get some sort of variable scope for the AR-10 and then a top tier one for the Creedmoor build.

But I still have an MRO laying around.... hrm.... OOOOOOOOO, I'll get an MPX for that shit and re-create the John Wick 3 MPX.
Gotta get an AKV too.

Gotta get an AKV too.
BRUH. I KNOW!

Now that my truck is paid my goal over the next 6 months is:
- Finish the AR10
- Get the lower for my pistol build
- Pay down debt
- Save money to get my own place in Feb of next year (damn, only like 6 months away from having to start applying)

2021 will be the year my collection grows more I feel.

I also think I am actually going to fork over about $350 to my favorite gun shop to get a year pass for their range.

Look at what you get for your money:
https://www.armoryutah.com/shootingrange-memberships/

For $340 a year you get:
Unlimited Visits
One guest per visit for $5
10 Free Guest passes
Free Full Auto rental on your birthday
One free STANDARD rental per visit
5% off all ammo
10% of all accessories
10% off Select Custom Guns
Free T Shirt

Last edited:
BRUH. I KNOW!

Now that my truck is paid my goal over the next 6 months is:
- Finish the AR10
- Get the lower for my pistol build
- Pay down debt
- Save money to get my own place in Feb of next year (damn, only like 6 months away from having to start applying)

2021 will be the year my collection grows more I feel.

I also think I am actually going to fork over about $350 to my favorite gun shop to get a year pass for their range.

Look at what you get for your money:
https://www.armoryutah.com/shootingrange-memberships/

For $340 a year you get:
Unlimited Visits
One guest per visit for $5
10 Free Guest passes
Free Full Auto rental on your birthday
One free STANDARD rental per visit
5% off all ammo
10% of all accessories
10% off Select Custom Guns
Free T Shirt
When I moved to Virginia.....damn. I went apeshit with the guns. So I get where you are coming from.

I still have a stripped psa Virginia sic semper tyrannis lower that I have to build.

When I moved to Virginia.....damn. I went apeshit with the guns. So I get where you are coming from.

I still have a stripped psa Virginia sic semper tyrannis lower that I have to build.
I'm debating forking dough over for another Punisher lower for my pistol build since I want it to be a Mk18 clone or just getting something plain Jane for it.

wK9iBUI.jpg

13.9 looking good. Muzzle device is just a thread protector until my titanium muzzle device arrives.

Eventually going to put the primary arms 2x prism sight.

wK9iBUI.jpg

13.9 looking good. Muzzle device is just a thread protector until my titanium muzzle device arrives.

Eventually going to put the primary arms 2x prism sight.
What's with the brace?

Back