• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kevin Lee: Dustin Poirier isn't a championship level fighter

I like Kevin but he needz to pull it back a bit he's not A level fighter yet, and still as some growing to do in his fight game, he's still prone to rookie fight mistakes, and the reason why I'm betting against him in this one. Dustin is a damn good fighter I enjoyed watching him mature as a fighter, as I will Kevin Lee who's personalty is bigger than his fight game at the moment...

Lee has beaten no one and got starched by Ferguson

This... I would honestly say that Poiriers resume at 145 is overall better then Lee’s at 155... And obviously Dustin’s resume at LW is leaps and bounds better then Lee’s.

Not that Lee can’t win.. But his best win is Chiesa. Nice win, no doubt... But Dustin has 3-4 wins that are as good if not better.

Kevin Lee might be the living example why having a long reach is useless if your striking is garbage, Dustin would box his ears off all day long.

Dustin would pepper his face like a bowl of bland chicken noodle... Dustin puts him away 9/10 times.

Kevin Lee: Dustin Poirier isn't a championship level fighter...

Neither you Kevin.

:)
Well, he was beating Tony's ass for 2 rounds, mounted him, outstruck him on the feet. All with staph and a terrible weight cut. Good chance he even wins the fight If his cardio wasn't destroyed from the staph.

All while being 25 years old and nowhere near the peak of his potential

I'd definitely say he's a championship level fighter and almost certainly a future champion.

Lee has beaten no one and got starched by Ferguson
Did you actually watch the fight?

Starched? lol.

Lee was beating him with staph infection and a terrible weight cut

His cardio didn't last because of the staph and he got triangled. Hardly "starched"

it was still an Impressive performance from Lee, even In defeat all things considered.

Lol..man

sherdog is so bad at analysis It pains me

dunno why i waste so much energy on people who don't deserve It, should prob just ignore 99% of the shit said on here.

Starched? lol.

His cardio didn't last because of the staph and he got triangled. Hardly "starched"

it was still an Impressive performance from Lee, even In defeat all things considered.

To be fair

Tony made him quit with elbows from the bottom and made him give up and tap..

Lee looked decent for a round though before giving up. The guy has like one top 10 win though.. he shouldn't be talking about championship level fighters..

To be fair

Tony made him quit with elbows from the bottom and made him give up and tap..

Lee looked decent for a round though before giving up. The guy has like one top 10 win though.. he shouldn't be talking about championship level fighters..
He was beating him on the ground, mounted him, beat him on the feet. He was looking very good. He had fucking staph dude. Not sure why so many people don't seem to understand that. He had staph and a resulting bad weight cut. He got tired because that's what staph does, it drains you and your cardio.

Elbows definitely played a factor but the biggest reason why he lost that fight Is because his cardio didn't last.

Throw Tony against a healthy Lee, I'd favour Lee.

Dude Is 25 and has the highest ceiling In the division, he's a future champion. Pretty sure he can talk about "championship level fighters" all he wants regardless of what the keyboard warriors of sherdog say.

Dustin is getting better, and with more experience he is performing better in the bigger fights. I think he used to put too much pressure on himself in some of his past big fights. You have a lot to prove yourself there Kevin..

Starched? lol.

He had a brief moment of top control at the end of round 1. Other then that he wasnt doing much at all. And stop with the staph infection. He’s always had poor cardio. And his striking has always been stiff and rigid. He’s a fringe top 15 who hasn’t beaten anyone elite. So for him to be saying anyone isn’t championship material is laughable. Because i guarantee Ghaetje and Alvarez smokes him

He was beating him on the ground, mounted him, beat him on the feet. He was looking very good. He had fucking staph dude. Not sure why so many people don't seem to understand that. He had staph and a resulting bad weight cut. He got tired because that's what staph does, it drains you and your cardio.

Elbows definitely played a factor but the biggest reason why he lost that fight Is because his cardio didn't last.

Throw Tony against a healthy Lee, I'd favour Lee.

Dude Is 25 and has the highest ceiling In the division, he's a future champion. Pretty sure he can talk about "championship level fighters" all he wants regardless of what the keyboard warriors of sherdog say.

I think the UFC views Lee as a potential star in the making. So I think if he wins big on Saturday he may be getting the nod. Just like the UFC giving Cody this rematch with TJ. They viewed Cody as a star on the rise, and were probably pissed he lost. So he gets another chance..

If Lee wins on Saturday, and he gets the nod, Eddie needs to rematch Dustin. Put it on the same card. Winner gets the next crack..

He had a brief moment of top control at the end of round 1. Other then that he wasnt doing much at all. And stop with the staph infection. He’s always had poor cardio. And his striking has always been stiff and rigid. He’s a fringe top 15 who hasn’t beaten anyone elite. So for him to be saying anyone isn’t championship material is laughable. Because i guarantee Ghaetje and Alvarez smokes him
Please stop talking

your analysis is terrible and you have zero clue what you're talking about.

You are fat and don't train

the end

Please stop talking

the end

Your 'he had staph' excuse is shit, though. If you're not in a fit state to fight, don't fight. A serious staph infection requires actual surgery where they cut a lump out of you, it's not shit you can even fight on, nor would any doctor allow him to fight if it was a serious staph infection.

Let's be honest, Kevin probably had a minor staph infection a few months before the fight and now uses it in every interview as an excuse for why his generally weak cardio lost him the fight. Guy can't accept he isn't as good as he thinks he is so out come the excuses constantly. Guy is trying to be Conor but fucked up his gifted title shot. He needs to stop talking like he's been dominating other guys because his best win is Chiesa, who is a journeyman at best.

Please stop talking

the end

Exactly the response I would expect from an emotional bitch. I pray you are 14

Kevin Lee is such a fake guy who tries to imitate McGregor and Khabib while hating on them. What a moron.

says the guy who hasnt beaten nofookinbody

Kevin Lee makes me laugh.Who the fuck does he think he is ??
The guy owns a controversial win over Chiesa and this cat is shedding salt over tapping to t- ferg.ill take diamond over Lee and have a degree of confidence behind it.

Back