Kevin Iole / Firas Zahabi: "Conor McGregor is despicable."

Is Mike Tyson a "despicable" human being too? Asking for a friend.

We have many of Khabib's "crimes" on camera too, not to mention his misogyny and other less than savory behavior, so I take it he is a 'despicable' human being too?

Once you go down the dum-dum black/white think road you are on, you just have to keep it up for everyone.
You should've filled in for Simone Biles with all that mental gymnastics. We could've beaten those dirty Russians.

RE: "Lets say I agree with you Khabib, what about calling Siver a Nazi? What about the intense personal shit talking on Aldo? What about threatening Dustin's family?"

Much of that stuff was definitely over the line. You seem to think I am some blind Conor nut hugger, who is trying to defend everything he has ever done, but you could not be more wrong. The talking with Aldo was indeed intense, but he also never really got into the family aspect, and much of it was also playful - mind you, Aldo did his fair share of talking too, even dressed up in a joker outfit while in Boston. Lol, Lamas even made a professional video clowning on "Conrad McGillicutty", so dont pretend like many others were not saying their share of things and begging for a red panty. At the end of all those fights tho, Conor showed respect, and when fighters gave him respect (i.e. Diego, Donald, Frankie, Faber or even DP), he tried to reward them with a red panty night.

The family issue with Khabib was no question part and parcel a result of the DM Khabib sent and him going after Artem. READ Khabib's DM to Conor and then tell me Conor is the one that went over the line first.....it's like you focusing on the bomb in Nagasaki but leaving out Pearl Harbor. With Conor's previous over the top promotion, there was a Rick Flair sense of showmanship, it made people laugh, but never got really dark. The Khabib stuff tho, it was dark, and I surmise that is because they were once friends and respected each other, on top of the fact Khabib crossed over a line no other opponent had previous. As the saying goes " all if fair in love and war".

In the event of this past Dustin ordeal, Conor again also likely felt betrayed as he 1) gave Dustin the fight as Dustin showed respect to Conor, and 2) things became dark around the whole charity thing, where it was rumored Dustin was playing Conor for a sucker and using his donation to build his own personal gym, not to mention the rhetoric after wherein Dustin called him a trash bag human being, etc. Am I defending Conor bringing Jolie in this? Nope.

Not sure where you get Khabib was always respectful to his opponents either, he had a big mouth on him, disrespected many opponents (see Tony, Donald, etc) and hi big mouth and bully mentality is why he got in a brawl with the Diaz boys - and look up what happened to Rasul Mirzaev too, it pales in comparison to anything Conor has ever done. Pointing this out is not an endorsement of me hating Khabib either, it is jut me shining a light on the gray areas that many here want to avoid.

RE: "Looks like someone is on Conors payroll...":

There used to be a time where people could be fans of both Conor and Khabib, but then a new wave of fans came in the sport and insisted you had to take a side - infact, there was a time almost all Conor fans were Khabib fans, but apparently those times are gone. It's just sad that people cant have an honest conversation about Conor or Khabib without resorting to name calling and placing a person on a team.....it reminds me political soap opera Biden vs Trump stuff, and there is no need for that kind of hysterical rhetoric in martial arts Back in 2013 I said Conor and Khabib would be the future of their divisions, and that owing to Conor's style and belief in himself, he would keep going up and up until Khabib beat him. I have always been a fan of both martial artists, but realized Khabib was his kryptonite. In this instance however, I am just pointing out why Conor tweeted what he did - like the Artem slap and the Twitter DM about Conor Jr, Conor's poor behavior was a reaction to Khabib's poor behavior. Does this mean I support Conor calling Siver a Nazi and punching an old dude? Absolutely not.

TBH it sounds like many of you are such Khabib nut huggers or Conor haters that you can not bring yourselves to admit objective reality here. I am starting to understand why "Khabib fans" are again and again voted the worst fans in MMA - totally incapable of having a fact filled, non partisan & reasoned conversation. All people do good and bad things over their life. No person is all bad or good. What I am saying is not the binary brained, schadenfreude driven, virtue signaling that an internet forum wants to hear, but it is truth.

In totality of life, you are not wrong. But you are really digging deep in terms of human nature. Yet this is an MMA forum that discusses the MMA community. Now regarding the donation, things got right but the way Conor reacted on the 3rd build up was beyond excessive.

As mentioned earlier, you went deep here. This is fine and all and even for argument sake. Lets say trash talking is fair game regardless of how dirty and nasty it gets and this includes threatening kids and all. Now assuming if this is acceptable, we have to assume how a trash talker like Conor would be alright with all kinds of shit talking. This takes us to history of Alvarez triggering him with welfare comment and dropping the fold chair which freaked Conor out.

So the argument here is not just that Conor is bad or immoral but rather, the venom he throws at people is something that he himself is unable to handle even if it comes at a very mild form. This is viewed as a weakness in character in terms of dishing it out but not being able to take it.

Back