• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Kevin Holland confirms his MMA retirement.

Wait. Kevin got 50k from the Khamzat fight then retired? No wonder he said the Khamzat poster was for his bathroom.

Toty for having good cliff's

Is the BMF belt vacant? What if they gave him BMF shitle tot?

I don't get this shit, since when is 50k good money? I mean it's good money but not to retire... Something's off here.

Hopefully he's not one of these fighters who goes off the fucking rails when they don't have fighting to keep them busy anymore, like starts doing the superhero shit full time and get himself in trouble etc

Yup as I suspected, khamzat made that guy realize there was no path to a title so he just said fuck it.

Khamzat smesh

I'm sure he got a life changing bonus to take the Khamzat fight.
That fight put things into perspective and he decided: "I got 5 mil in the bank now, I don't need to be doing this shit".
I don't blame him for a second.

I don't get this shit, since when is 50k good money? I mean it's good money but not to retire... Something's off here.
He likely got some behind the door bonus from uncle Dana. Besides, if he's got some savings, using that to start his podcast and his gym might be enough to get a new reliable source of income.

In any case, I understand Kevin regarding wrestling. I wouldn't want to spend my days rolling on the floor with (sweating) men either.

My call that he could make it into the top 5 at WW? I don’t think he’s actually retired, but if he has guess we’ll never get to find out

Another epic victory for you? How do you do it?!?!?

You claimed he’d “be at the top of the division very soon” and were acting like a complete idiot. Lol at “top 5” now.

Instead, it’s one of the fastest retirements in history.

{<jordan}

No shit we won’t know. Holland himself doesn’t even believe it. You are a moron. Special123 bless.

I think we will see more of this “early retirement” trend in mid tier fighters who realize it just isn’t worth the abuse and other opportunities exist outside UFC.

I don't think a gym and a podcast are going to get it done tbh. Maybe the gym depending on where it is, but there's a lot of competition and I think most people don't make much doing it.

If he can afford it, good for him. I would have loved to retire at his age.

Gonna miss watching him for sure, some of the stuff he says is corny but he's entertaining and rarely in a dull fight.

All respects to him, health is more important. And if he made enough money and he lives a modest lifestyle, he should be fine.

Do some other job on the side. He's good to go.

I'll miss him as a fighter for sure, dude was fun as fuck and entertained the shit out of us while we were stuck inside for months during covid.

Happy for him though that he's getting out young, healthy, and with a plan for life after fighting. Wish more guys had that ability.

Back