Kevin Durant should NOT have been allowed to Join the Warriors.

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know this has been said on here before just after watching my Rockets go down in 7 to a team with 6 all stars is shameful and tbh a little corny.

The Kevin Durant trade should have been blocked. similar to how certain mega corporations cant get together and just ball out on consumers wallets.

to put it in perspective it would be like having prime Randy Moss, barry Sanders, and John Randle on a good NFL team

The GSW have destroyed the competitive balance of the NBA for the foreseeable future. that said I'm okay with a "BIG 3" but a big 4, 5, or 6 shouldn't be allowed. the limit to all star fire power should be two or three players max.

i'm completely disinterested in the Finals. not because my Rockets lost. but because barring a significant injury to curry or Durant CAVs V Warriors is a foregone conclusion.

thoughts?

It wasn't a trade. He was a free agent and signed for less money than he would have received elsewhere.

Not surprised to see a can like Handy not realize that Durcant wasn’t traded.

I also don't like these manufactured superteams. It creates an inferior product, by making the game less competitive and less interesting. It's also takes away from the aesthetic beauty of the game, by watching 3 or 4 All-Stars, who have zero chemistry, try to learn to play with each other. GS seems to be the exception, as their core group of guys came about as a team organically. Durant has a tendency to stick out like a sore thumb, though.

That said, not allowing players to sell their services on the open market would set a precedent that shouldn't be set IMO. Until another SA Spurs type-team rolls around and starts besmirching superteams, the superteam paradigm appears to be here to stay.

how is it like having sanders, moss and randle on the same team? its not even close to that. there are 53 players on an nfl team. there are 12 on an nba team. so having three great players out of 53 is the same as having 6 (not as great as those 3, but still) on an nba team?

also, just wait until lebron gets crushed again and signs with them next year along with paul george

Not surprised to see a can like Handy not realize that Durcant wasn’t traded.

I'm surprised a sports bar super can made mod. and I'd watch it if I were you I'm not one to be toyed with...you're very close to making yourself a very powerful enemy.

200w.gif

GOAT team against the actual GOAT, I just wish the teams where more evenly matched. Only because its Lebron its not completely impossible for the Cavs to win.

He was a free agent, but yeah, the NBA really needs to do something to make the league more competitive.

Same Finals four years in a row, and it's pretty much decided at the beginning of the season. How does any fan outside of those cities muster up the effort to give a shit?

GOAT team against the actual GOAT, I just wish the teams where more evenly matched. Only because its Lebron its not completely impossible for the Cavs to win.
Jordan came out of retirement?

News to me.

I am always curious what rules people expect to be imposed to prevent this from happening.

They literally built the team right. Build a core off the draft (curry, draymond, thompson). Let them develop and build chemistry. Bring on complimentary pieces and sign a big time free agent.
Other teams had the opportunity to draft curry, draymond and thompson

They literally built the team right. Build a core off the draft (curry, draymond, thompson). Let them develop and build chemistry. Bring on complimentary pieces and sign a big time free agent.
Other teams had the opportunity to draft curry, draymond and thompson

KD was superfluous. They were a 73-win team, and proven NBA champs. They had already built the perfect team to exploit the league's current rule system. Steph, Klay, Draymond as your core, Bogut as your rim protector/enforcer, and Barnes to pick up whatever's left. They possessed a chemistry that can't be up duplicated by just bringing a big name like KD. KD is great, but the didn't need him.

I know this has been said on here before just after watching my Rockets go down in 7 to a team with 6 all stars is shameful and tbh a little corny.

The Kevin Durant trade should have been blocked. similar to how certain mega corporations cant get together and just ball out on consumers wallets.

to put it in perspective it would be like having prime Randy Moss, barry Sanders, and John Randle on a good NFL team

The GSW have destroyed the competitive balance of the NBA for the foreseeable future. that said I'm okay with a "BIG 3" but a big 4, 5, or 6 shouldn't be allowed. the limit to all star fire power should be two or three players max.

i'm completely disinterested in the Finals. not because my Rockets lost. but because barring a significant injury to curry or Durant CAVs V Warriors is a foregone conclusion.

thoughts?

Houston should have loaded up too. All they got was Chris Paul. The Clips were looking to trade Blake Griffin as well. Houston should have worked something out there.

Back