Kettlebell Help

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by BobSacamano, Apr 15, 2008.

1. BobSacamano

BobSacamano White Belt

I used to train with weights like a madman when I was younger. Physique shows, the whole bit, I was an isolationist when it came to training muscles. But that was over 10 years ago. Now I train BJJ and while not "strong" I am 215lbs and about 5'11" I have some natural strentgh, I am looking to dabble in some pure core strentgh training with kettlebells. I go to BJJ about 2-3 times a week and do some cardio on 2 other days. I have only been doing BJJ for about 5 months and I now have just enough conditioning to do some strentgh training. At first I was too sore and spent after BJJ, but my body is adjusting nicely now.

Anyone have any tips or advice for a novice kettlebeller?

How heavy? How long is a workout? How often? What types of sets? I don't want to end up ridiculoulsly sore for BJJ, which is my main focus.

2. ChaseT.

ChaseT. Banned Banned

You'll get better kettlebell information on the dragondoor forums.

3. Barut

Barut Banned Banned

Read the FAQ.

4. RedNeckJiuJitsu

RedNeckJiuJitsu Black Belt

Do squats and deadlifts. Kettlebells are a fine tool but should not be the end all of your strength trainin'.