Kenny Florian on Demetrious Johnson: He does not get the repsect that he deserves.

Kenny Florian is one the biggest jokes in UFC history. Some preppy goofball who couldn't make it in a real sport & who failed miserably whenever he fought at championship level. But he's a consummate brown noser with good connections, so he'll continue to be a media presence.

I voted yes, but now that I think about it, recently, it's been Aldo. The man has done nothing but fight top contenders, fights twice a year. he beat P4P worthy challengers in at least the Edgar and Mendes fights and signed to take on Pettis before Pettis's injury. And now suddenly he's afraid of a guy who got knocked down by a Siver leg kick?

It hasn't even been a year since his last fight, where he beat the then clear cut #1 contender. and people are screaming that he's a duck, a guy who gets injured to often (when he fights two times a year), a drug cheat, that he's not the "real champ" and that he should be stripped.

MM has faced more disrespect throughout the entirety of his career, but nobody has been as senselessly disrespected as Aldo recently and I'm not that big of an Aldo fan TBH.

No one in this sport gets the respect they deserve; especially champions.

Its true.

People can't get over their big man complex to see that MM is genuinely an interesting fighter to watch. His footwork, precision, and overall fight IQ is something that is fun to see. Seeing him adapt in the middle of the Dodson fight to come back and beat him down with knees was great, same with the Moraga and Horiguchi fights where he still went for the finish when he was easily ahead on the scorecards.

This. I would go as far as to say that any fighter worth their salt, enjoys watching MM fight and wouldn't diss him, ever. I would like to know what good fighters feel differently, and to root against those fighters. Also, any no name fighters on Sherdog that can't recognize MM's talent, and that he's fun to watch, should go into another sport because they'll never achieve considerable success, with that attitude and lack of respect for others as well as the sport.

I don't give a shit about crap-fans that don't enjoy MM, especially those who hate or dislike him, that's just plain lame and silliness, nothing more. There's such a thing as enjoying a product wrongly, and going out of your way to diss MM or WMMA is just that. EXACT same thing with Aldo, as ironfist stated, spot on.

Back