Kenny Florian on Demetrious Johnson: He does not get the repsect that he deserves.

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
[YT]NL7hxYrFDwE&feature=youtu.be[/YT]

4:04-4:44

Kenny Florian thinks that UFC Flyweight Champion Demetrious Johnson is the most disrespected champion in the UFC. Do you agree with him?

demetriousjohnson16.jpg

Demetrious Johnson MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Lack of interest is not disrespect.

Lack of interest is not disrespect.

I would say to go along with the lack of interest he gets a shit ton of disrespect to

people weren't interested in Aldo for a LONG time, but he never got disrepected on the level Mighty Mouse does. People didn't care about Aldos fights, but I feel as if they didn't go out of their to bash the guy like they do Johnson

Its true.

People can't get over their big man complex to see that MM is genuinely an interesting fighter to watch. His footwork, precision, and overall fight IQ is something that is fun to see. Seeing him adapt in the middle of the Dodson fight to come back and beat him down with knees was great, same with the Moraga and Horiguchi fights where he still went for the finish when he was easily ahead on the scorecards.

He's the only champion people troll about Ronda being able to beat.

I'm just not interested in seeing him fight guys he has no business fighting. The Dodson fight I'm interested in. Guys like Horiguchi and Moraga and Cariaso, nah.

It's pretty close between him and Honda, I think he wins because he is quite a bit better than Honda.

He's the only champion people troll about Ronda being able to beat.

And it's just embarrassing as MM at 50% would make her look like one of the soccer moms she beat to get her name.

Bagautinov would be a more interesting champion.

I respect him

but...

I am not interested in watching him "fight"

Absolutely, but nothing will change. As Tupac once said, "That's just the way it is."

I dunno. I actually think Cormier is more disrespected. A lot of people don't even consider him the champion. So for that reason I am voting No.

MM is the size of a middle school kid. It's human nature to not be interested in fighters of this stature in combat sports. It is what it is. Mainstream folks wanna see the big boys bang.

Deal with it DJ.

And it's just embarrassing as MM at 50% would make her look like one of the soccer moms she beat to get her name.

I think 50% is being generous. MM would tool Ronda with less effort than that.

MM is the size of a middle school kid. It's human nature to not be interested in fighters of this stature in combat sports. It is what it is. Mainstream folks wanna see the big boys bang.

Deal with it DJ.

Pacquiao got famous fighting at 125-130, DJ's problem is that he's as charismatic as a rock.

Pacquiao got famous fighting at 125-130, DJ's problem is that he's as charismatic as a rock.

Boxing and MMA have 2 entirely different fan bases. Boxing is more about technique than carnage. Mainstream MMA fans wanna see 200+ lb men beat each others brains out. Boxing fans don't mind watching a 12 round chess match between 2 smaller guys.

Apples/Oranges comparison. Sucks for the little guys like DJ because he's amazing, but it is what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back