Ken Shamrock on loss to Royce Gracie

Ken makes a good point about the replay. They could've checked and re-started the fight. It was a shitty stoppage... but would it have made a difference...

I agree with the people who said Ken was going to lose either way though. Royce was looking for the head kick KO... Ken didn't need to take one of those,

As most of you will remember, Ken complained about an early stoppage after his second loss to Tito, they re-booked it and the 3rd match was identical to the second

I'm not sure Royce even knew it was a low blow at the time because Ken kept fighting for so long. I can see where he thought Ken went down because of the knee to the head. And what if Royce would have stepped back, Ken was still fighting, he could have taken a clean shot at Royce. IMO Royce didn't do anything wrong. Keep fighting until the ref says otherwise. The ref missed this one but Ken could have done something besides turtle up and whine like a baby. You can't rely on refs or judges to save you in this sport.

Ken claims it was a low blow done on purpose. I don't share that thought but I can't be certain either way. It is possible it was done on purpose which would mean Royce didn't follow the rules.

I don't blame Royce for continuing once the Ref didn't step in. He had every right to keep going. Could he of stepped back and said take a minute on his own free will, like Ken suggest he would do if he hit someone with a low blow ... yes ... but he chose not to. I have no problem with that. .... All this is the refs fault. None of that changes the fact Ken got a bad deal out of all this and deserves either a re-match or the fight to be turned into a NC.

Ken would so not step back on his own accord, if he had gotten away with a low-blow. That's just nonsense.

Ken is just being a crybaby as usual. It's what he does. He loses. He whines about "something". Fuck, he was still whining about their original fight, because of "reasons". Ken has a hard time with admitting defeat no matter what.

I'm not sure Royce even knew it was a low blow at the time because Ken kept fighting for so long. I can see where he thought Ken went down because of the knee to the head. And what if Royce would have stepped back, Ken was still fighting, he could have taken a clean shot at Royce. IMO Royce didn't do anything wrong. Keep fighting until the ref says otherwise. The ref missed this one but Ken could have done something besides turtle up and whine like a baby. You can't rely on refs or judges to save you in this sport.

I am not certain Royce knew it was a low blow either at the time. But it clearly was. Ken wasn't throwing anything if Royce stepped back ... he more likely drops to the ground in pain because of that nut shot. He had no other choice but to keep fighting once the ref doesn't step in and the other guy doesn't back off. Agree about it not being Royce fault.

Ken would so not step back on his own accord, if he had gotten away with a low-blow. That's just nonsense.

Ken is just being a crybaby as usual. It's what he does. He loses. He whines about "something". Fuck, he was still whining about their original fight, because of "reasons". Ken has a hard time with admitting defeat no matter what.

I never said he would. I was just repeating what he said. He might have ... he might not have. Either way it Doesn't change much. The ref messed up. Ken should have been giving his time to recover.

Back