Ken Shamrock on loss to Royce Gracie

MRDOG

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Ken Shamrock opens up on controversial loss to Royce Gracie
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ken-shamrock/ken-shamrock-opens-up-on-loss-to-royce-gracie/

His FaceBook Page
https://www.facebook.com/ktshamrock?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

What he said:

To my fans I am truly sorry for how this 23 yr, old legendary fight was handled I believe that I was not given a fair call on this fight I clearly was hit low with a knee & It literally took the wind right out of me if I had been given time to recover I would have been able to continue what all of you have been waiting for 23 yrs, to see but the fight was called on a illegally low blow I am so very angry I can't understand a fight of this magnificent fan base could be taken away from me but more importantly from you the fans that make it all possible for everyone involved to be Able to do this great even you &I deserve better quality of people that are involved in make split second decisions & if something like this happens in fights & there is a bad call made &pretty much everyone in the building sees it why can't you look at a replay so we don't get ripped off on our hard earned money& my long over do rematch again I am so sorry I wanted this so bad for all of us
God bless all

The low blow is as clear as day to me. Feel bad for the guy. The fight shouldn't have ended like that. I hope he manages to get a win on a big stage and calls it a career.

It was a crappy way for all of this to play out. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of hope Royce gives him a rematch. This is a far worse and more unresolved ending to things than Sylvia vs Arlovski IV or possibly even Bowe vs Golota II.

didn't phase me. Ken was going to look for a way out of the fight at the first opportunity anyway.

The guy was tough as balls 20 years ago, but it isn't 20 years ago anymore. All anyone had to do was watch ken;s last dozen fights to know how this one was going to end.

Two 50 year-olds were going at it. Let's just be thankful it was over quick.

And quit whining Ken. The fight was enforced like it would've been back in the day. Low blows? Pssh...

It was a crappy way for all of this to play out. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of hope Royce gives him a rematch. This is a far worse and more unresolved ending to things than Sylvia vs Arlovski IV or possibly even Bowe vs Golota II.

It certainly was and I agree the guy deserves a re-match. If not he deserves to have it turned to a NC but the chances of that are probably smaller than the re-match happening. I think getting the fight changed to a NC and moving on is the better option for him.

Royce looked decent with his kicks ( all things considered ) keeping Ken at a distance. I was surprised when watching. I think Ken will lose the re-match and be even more disappointed because of how all this played out. Ken doesn't have as much as a size advantage as fans thought he did and I am not convinced he has a big enough strength advantage over Royce. This is coming from a guy that picked Ken to win. Of course he could still get the win.

Too bad he couldn't push for another Kimbo fight. As I believe he wins that one, then retire. Maby if he is still fighting Dan Severn in the up coming PPV event and gets the win ... Coker might give him another chance.

I really think Ken is being a crybaby. It was not a direct hit. The knee hit his waist line and caught some cup. I have never seen a fighter react this way to anything less than a direct hit to the jimmies. Ken lost the trilogy, and he should just hang it up.

It would not be fair to Royce to make this a no contest. It's not Royce's fault that the ref did not see a low blow. Royce won.

I really think Ken is being a crybaby. It was not a direct hit. The knee hit his waist line and caught some cup. I have never seen a fighter react this way to anything less than a direct hit to the jimmies. Ken lost the trilogy, and he should just hang it up.

It would not be fair to Royce to make this a no contest. It's not Royce's fault that the ref did not see a low blow. Royce won.

I've seen a few strong reactions to grazing shots at the edge of the cup. We don't really know how the twig and berries are positioned under there at any given time.

There was a low blow but no reaction to it. He reacted to the knee to the head instead which the ref saw. I suppose the ref let it carry on because he saw the knee to the head.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Ken's delayed reaction was his way of trying to get out of the clinch war he was losing. Seriously, who gets knee'd in the pills and reacts ten seconds later? That pain is immediate.

i knew beforehand this fight would end in controversy. Ken should retire. He has nothing left to prove and fighting even more will do nothing for his legacy.

Two 50 year-olds were going at it. Let's just be thankful it was over quick.

And quit whining Ken. The fight was enforced like it would've been back in the day. Low blows? Pssh...

The problem is they were not fighting like it was "back in the day". They were fighting under a predetermined set of rules they both agreed to.

Some angles better show the low blow than others. It was a clear shot in the nuts to me. I am surprised it is even up for debate. This is a 50 year old man getting hit in the nuts. His reaction is normal. Anyone who got hit knows the pain increases before it decreases. He gets hit ... ref does nothing so he try's not to show he is hurt... seconds later the real pain hits and can no longer fake not being hurt ... plus he takes some more shots on top of that. He has a right to be angry at how things turned out.

The problem is they were not fighting like it was "back in the day". They were fighting under a predetermined set of rules they both agreed to.

The problem is that the fight took place at all.

Some angles better show the low blow than others. It was a clear shot in the nuts to me. I am surprised it is even up for debate. This is a 50 year old man getting hit in the nuts. His reaction is normal. Anyone who got hit knows the pain increases before it decreases. He gets hit ... ref does nothing so he try's not to show he is hurt... seconds later the real pain hits and can no longer fake not being hurt ... plus he takes some more shots on top of that. He has a right to be angry at how things turned out.

If Ken had reacted and broken the clinch to show that he was hit in the nuts, the ref probably would have paused the fight for him. Ken didn't do that.

If Ken had reacted and broken the clinch to show that he was hit in the nuts, the ref probably would have paused the fight for him. Ken didn't do that.
and it did appear to me to be a somewhat glancing shot. it hit the waistline and caught some of the cup. ken didn't show any serious reaction until a knee was cracking his melon. then suddenly the cup shot was the complete culprit.

come on, now.

The problem is that the fight took place at all.

That is your opinon, I have no problem with these type of fights being made. The fighters in them still need to follow the rules they agreed to. Not rules that were in place the first time they fought.

Maby he couldn't break the clinch. He was just hit in the Nuts. He was trying to recover while not looking hurt but then like most nut shots. The pain increased before it decreased and could no longer hide the pain. You don't exactly think straight after a shot to the nuts.

He was very clearly telling the ref he took a low blow. His hand is covering his area while Royce was trying to land shots to his head. While he was covering the area that hurt he was saying he was hit with a low blow. I also think he didn't mention it right away because he was still expecting the ref to step in and give him his time.

When this fight was announced I was 1 of only a few that felt Royce would beat Shamrock even though Shamrock was going to be the bigger man in the cage. After watching how the fight ended I was annoyed that this fight didn't end fairly. Royce kneed Shamrock in the nuts not on purpose as some have posted as it was right in front and in clear view for the clueless ref to see. The ref should've stopped the fight at that point and let Ken recuperate but as we all watched this incompetent ref just didn't do his job. Royce and Ken have had a rivalry since Royce defeated him in UFC 1. I don't blame Ken for wanting a rematch to either lose or win in a fair fight to put their rivalry to a close. I for 1 would watch the rematch and will still go with Royce to win. For those UFC Shills that are completely against the fight theirs plenty of other channels you can watch but I bet you all will watch again cause you are all Bullshitters.

That is your opinon, I have no problem with these type of fights being made. The fighters in them still need to follow the rules they agreed to. Not rules that were in place the first time they fought.

They did. If the refs don't enforce them, it's not the fighters' fault.

Just be thankful the fight was over before these two had a chance to fall asleep on their stools.

They did. If the refs don't enforce them, it's not the fighters' fault.

Just be thankful the fight was over before these two had a chance to fall asleep on their stools.

Ken claims it was a low blow done on purpose. I don't share that thought but I can't be certain either way. It is possible it was done on purpose which would mean Royce didn't follow the rules.

I don't blame Royce for continuing once the Ref didn't step in. He had every right to keep going. Could he of stepped back and said take a minute on his own free will, like Ken suggest he would do if he hit someone with a low blow ... yes ... but he chose not to. I have no problem with that. .... All this is the refs fault. None of that changes the fact Ken got a bad deal out of all this and deserves either a re-match or the fight to be turned into a NC.

Ken Shamrock opens up on controversial loss to Royce Gracie
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ken-shamrock/ken-shamrock-opens-up-on-loss-to-royce-gracie/

His FaceBook Page
https://www.facebook.com/ktshamrock?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

What he said:

The low blow is as clear as day to me. Feel bad for the guy. The fight shouldn't have ended like that. I hope he manages to get a win on a big stage and calls it a career.
I agree, I dont know why the Ref didnt A see it or B look at a replay. Im surprised Scott Coker doesent seem that concerned about it.

Maby he couldn't break the clinch. He was just hit in the Nuts. He was trying to recover while not looking hurt but then like most nut shots. The pain increased before it decreased and could no longer hide the pain. You don't exactly think straight after a shot to the nuts.

He was very clearly telling the ref he took a low blow. His hand is covering his area while Royce was trying to land shots to his head. While he was covering the area that hurt he was saying he was hit with a low blow. I also think he didn't mention it right away because he was still expecting the ref to step in and give him his time.
That makes perfect sense and the ref didnt pay any attention to him at all which I thought strange

Back