Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie's last MMA fight

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
Deserved to be a more epic battle.
Sad to go down like this for a legend of the sport.

Was a low blow but IMO Ken's fault for just going down and not signalling to the ref he got hit low so a time out could be called.

He was very vocal about it after the bell though.

Sad to go down like this for a legend of the sport.

Was a low blow but IMO Ken's fault for just going down and not signalling to the ref he got hit low so a time out could be called.

He was very vocal about it after the bell though.

If the ref doesn't see the foul you can complain or make whatever motions you want. They aren't stopping it.

Both are pioneers of the sport but I wouldn’t put it past either one to be involved in a fixed match or to cheat. Royce fought dirty and PEDs and Ken’s slip vs Rich was super suspect.

watch his feet. What the hell was he doing ???

shamrock%20fail.gif

Ken’s slip vs Rich was super suspect.

I'd have to find the thread but someone posted a couple gifs of ken actually properly performing the leg roll move he was trying to do. Looks akward in the Rich gif because Ken about 1/3rd of the way hesitates/bails because he sees the one 2 combo coming

Deserved to be? There was no other outcome. They had no business fighting at all.

The Ken Shamrock of 1993 deserved a rematch, and got one.

The Ken Shamrock in Bellator? Nah.

A nut shot from a ped user is about the most poetic way for him to go out complaining on.

Both are pioneers of the sport but I wouldn’t put it past either one to be involved in a fixed match or to cheat. Royce fought dirty and PEDs and Ken’s slip vs Rich was super suspect.

shamrock%20fail.gif

The Royce fight was definitely a fix imo. I know it's disallowed to claim fight fixing on here, but it's too obvious not to call sham on it.

And you're right on the Franklin fight...I've never noticed it before. Looks awful like he telegraphed the drop from that light straight. Good work spotting that.

It wouldn't surprise me if Shamrock did take dives in his last bunch of fights. I'll leave it at that.

shamrock%20fail.gif
like 56ti said...

Ken already explained this awkward stance: he was going for a leg roll and when Rich started his combo, he hesitated for a fraction of second and messed up his foot position. Once on the ground, he totally went for the leg again though. It's not like the fight was stopped right there

If the ref doesn't see the foul you can complain or make whatever motions you want. They aren't stopping it.

Not true. If a fighter turns away and clearly indicates something wrong or puts a hand up often the ref will pause and ask what happenend and sometimes look at the replay.

The Royce fight was definitely a fix imo. I know it's disallowed to claim fight fixing on here, but it's too obvious not to call sham on it.

And you're right on the Franklin fight...I've never noticed it before. Looks awful like he telegraphed the drop from that light straight. Good work spotting that.

It wouldn't surprise me if Shamrock did take dives in his last bunch of fights. I'll leave it at that.

Don't think their last fight was fixed. Just both way past it. Ken also had no chin at that point and I saw little chance of him winning. I actually remember predicting a Royce win by KO which days alot and is pretty much what we got but with a dirty finish.
Maybe in a way it was better because Ken got to say it was a dirty loss rather than getting legit ktfo by Royce Gracie of all people but his chin was so suspect then it could've happened.

like 56ti said...

Ken already explained this awkward stance: he was going for a leg roll and when Rich started his combo, he hesitated for a fraction of second and messed up his foot position. Once on the ground, he totally went for the leg again though. It's not like the fight was stopped right there

Yeah, that was when Ken was still pretty functional and good. He almost got the leg lock as well.
Should've done one more fight after that
and rode into the sunset or become a coach not dragged his career through all those unecessary losses

Shamrock is the early ufc goat.

he got paid to lose to Royce.

shamrock%20fail.gif
Creative entry into what appears to be a devastating achilles lock

Not true. If a fighter turns away and clearly indicates something wrong or puts a hand up often the ref will pause and ask what happenend and sometimes look at the replay.

Don't think their last fight was fixed. Just both way past it. Ken also had no chin at that point and I saw little chance of him winning. I actually remember predicting a Royce win by KO which days alot and is pretty much what we got but with a dirty finish.
Maybe in a way it was better because Ken got to say it was a dirty loss rather than getting legit ktfo by Royce Gracie of all people but his chin was so suspect then it could've happened.

Yeah, that was when Ken was still pretty functional and good. He almost got the leg lock as well.
Should've done one more fight after that
and rode into the sunset or become a coach not dragged his career through all those unecessary losses
Examples? Can't remember ever seeing that happen especially the replay. I do remember multiple times a fighter was fouled and told to fight on because the ref didn't see it.

shamrock%20fail.gif
He was doing pretty well up until that point. Not saying he wouldve won or whatever but he let himself get pounded out so easily as well. Didn't even put his hands up

I think Chael genuinely fucked up because he rated his wrestling and bjj Brown belt enough to give it a go. Shammy is shady as fuck. The Sak fight was suspect, the kimbo fight was suspect, the Ross Clifton fight was a massive mismatch and then he took a dive from a apparent nut shot that didn't land against Royce and protested after to sell it. Royce didn't even have his hands wrapped for the fight. Look into it lol

Back