Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie's last MMA fight

He learnt a lot from first fight he beat Royce down in 2nd
His family changed the rules pre fight

If Royce fought Ken in 2002 he’d get mauled
He did in 95

his brothers carried him out of cage
tbh his 'adjustments' in the 2nd fight were rather mediocre, this is definitely not what you would expect from the bigger opponent who had been preparin´ for & studyin´his rival in the last few events...

Meanwhile, the No time limit rule is a fundamental OW rule that tends to favor the undersized fighter.
This had always been Hoyce´s leitmotiv:"I concede the weight difference, but gimme the No time limit rule!"
Them Gracies had no interest in changin´that rule, the TV channel, yes.

tbh his 'adjustments' in the 2nd fight were rather mediocre, this is definitely not what you would expect from the bigger opponent who had been preparin´ for & studyin´his rival in the last few events...

Meanwhile, the No time limit rule is a fundamental OW rule that tends to favor the undersized fighter.
This had always been Hoyce´s leitmotiv:"I concede the weight difference, but gimme the No time limit rule!"
Them Gracies had no interest in changin´that rule, the TV channel, yes.
Disagree
His adjustments in second fight were huge

he was the first guy to have defence for the guard

Disagree
His adjustments in second fight were huge

he was the first guy to have defence for the guard
well, if buryin´his head in the undersized opponent´s chest is a defence & a legit adjustment... kindah problematic...

well, if buryin´his head in the undersized opponent´s chest is a defence & a legit adjustment... kindah problematic...
If you have watched fight
Ken landed 80 strikes in guard Royce was fucked
20 lb weight difference not so big especially as gracies said no weight limit

Another pathetic embarrassing outcome for ken. You can’t act like that. He would know after 3 decades of fighting if it’s missed you can’t ball up and then complain. And do the classic. “What?? What?!” As if he’s shocked something like that could happen again. Or iver and over in kens case

I actually did more than watchin´it, I deconstructed it:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-ufc-5-requiem-for-the-vale-tudo-era.3947367/

Those strikes were not the one you would expect from a LHW facin´a natural WW. He hardly postured up, didnt even try to pass guard. Overall, from someone who had been preparin & adjustin´his ground game with a judo master, that was pretty limited.
Ken said he had a gameplan to beat Royce in guard as no one had did it
It’s safe to say he beat the fuck out of Royce

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-ufc-5-requiem-for-the-vale-tudo-era.3947367/

Those strikes were not the one you would expect from a LHW facin´a natural WW. He hardly postured up, didnt even try to pass guard. Overall, from someone who had been preparin & adjustin´his ground game with a judo master, that was pretty limited.
Natural ww I don’t think so

Royce was better at natural weight 184

there was 20 lb in it

don’t act like there was like 40 lb difference
Weight don’t remember didn’t have anything to do with it

Ken said he had a gameplan to beat Royce in guard as no one had did it
It’s safe to say he beat the fuck out of Royce
His ground game was actually conservative, you´re overratin´those strikes [mostly headbutts & strikes without posturin´ up]

Natural ww I don’t think so

Royce was better at natural weight 184

there was 20 lb in it

don’t act like there was like 40 lb difference
Weight don’t remember didn’t have anything to do with it
Hoyce never bulked up sufficiently to be considered a legit natural MW. He was skinnier than Hickson, even tho taller.

There was a legit size difference.

His guard game was actually conservative, you´re overratin´those strikes [mostly headbutts & strikes without posturin´ up]

hmmm... kindah inaccurate, tho... in the modern era:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...d-to-face-2-opponents-in-the-ring-33.3924541/

Hoyce never bulked up sufficiently to be considered a legit natural MW. He was skinnier than Hickson, even tho taller.

There was a legit size difference.
Ufc 5 I don’t think there was

Ken was 205 Royce was 184

ken looked skinny

compared to whe Ken fought Severn

20 lb now day is nothing

Ufc 5 I don’t think there was

Ken was 205 Royce was 184

ken looked skinny

compared to whe Ken fought Severn

20 lb now day is nothing
Most of Ken´s strikes in the guard...

Hoyce vs Ken 4.gif Hoyce vs Ken 5.gifHoyce vs Ken 1.gif

Hoyce vs Ken 2.gif Hoyce vs Ken 3.gifHoyce vs Ken 6.gif

That is super suspect but you can see Rich isn't pulling anything in those punches. That left hand is an absolute haymaker, which isn't typically indicative of a fixed match.

I should have been clear. I don’t think Rich was in on a fixed match at all. I’m not even accusing UFC of anything. It’s just suspect and I don’t know if Ken was up to something on his own. Or maybe the UFC suggested that Rich was the new golden boy for that division and it was a wink and a nudge. It just looks odd is all. No proof obviously.

Back