Kattar's first post since the loss

I actually agree with you, but I'm not going to act like it's fact. I merely posed that it was a possibility for calvin to pick up two wins and find himself in a title shot. Ortega lost to max, won one big fight and is now in a title shot.

In a world where michael Bisping won a title, i don't count anybody out. Calvin has only lost recently to the number one and number three guy, and most people would probably pick him to beat zabit in a main event. I like kattar's chances against guys like KZ and yair and some other ranked guys as well. With the right matches, i can see him making it to a title shot, but i wouldn't bet on it.

yeah, those are good points. forget everything else I said.

It happens to some of the best. Ask TJ dillashaw, José Aldo, and many other great strikers who got their asses beat down by better strikers. Unfortunately Kattar, or rather his corner, was too stubborn to quit so he took the beating of a life time.
In the case of aldo though he was doing well actually winning the striking battle early on against max but just didnt have the stamina. And tj got knocked out so early, we dont know how well he could have done had the fight gone on longer. Calvin just spent 5 rounds in there with max and now knows that even at his best he just has no shot of competing with this man

Eventhough he got destroyed in his own game I still dig his boxing. He can beat anyone not named Max or Alexander. He'll continue to be one of my favorite active fighters.

Last edited:
In the case of aldo though he was doing well actually winning the striking battle early on against max but just didnt have the stamina. And tj got knocked out so early, we dont know how well he could have done had the fight gone on longer. Calvin just spent 5 rounds in there with max and now knows that even at his best he just has no shot of competing with this man

It reminds me of Whittaker vs. adesanya.

He got outclassed. Max found his weakness and exploited it to the fullest. It's still hard to argue that kattar isnt good striker though given what we've seen him do.

He was definitely embarrassed and needs to make improvements.

he tried to sell the fight by saying he was a better boxer and that max is a freshman compared to him.

it was a little over the top. max is one of the greatest feather weights of all time. kattar got humbled big time and was shown that holloway is not past his prime but still world class. there are levels to this shit and kattar is not on that level and had to eat a big pie of humble

If I had to guess, I don't think that this fight specifically is going to affect him any worse than any of the other guys who get knocked out cold on a regular basis. Some guys deteriorate worse than others. I'm not sure that this fight is a death sentence necessarily.

I think the most likely scenario is he takes some time off, comes back, and really isn't ever able to make it to the top 5. Not because of this fight, but because he maybe just was never good enough to get there. And when he retires, he can look back a the Holloway fight as the highlight of his career and at least not be left with any "what ifs".

Or he gets early-onset dementia.

But hopefully it's more of the happy version than the sad version.

he tried to sell the fight by saying he was a better boxer and that max is a freshman compared to him.

it was a little over the top. max is one of the greatest feather weights of all time. kattar got humbled big time and was shown that holloway is not past his prime but still world class. there are levels to this shit and kattar is not on that level and had to eat a big pie of humble

Did calvin say that, or did the media say it?

The only thing I heard calvin say that could be seem as arrogant was him saying he was older than max and if it was highschool he'd be a senior and max a freshmen and that he wanted to treat max like a freshmen. I'm pretty sure all the "best boxer stuff" was from the media, but I'm not certain.

For the record, calvin is a holloway fanboy and has been for years.

There's plenty of time for Calvin to improve. Even at the level he has been for the past 2 years, it's feasible that he finds himself in contender fights. This doom and gloom in replies might be a bit overboard, be really, we need to see how he responds physically and mentally. Kattar is a good fighter, so if he can fine-tune a bit in the strategy department, he'll be fine. Max is possibly the worst matchup for him. Max is also the best FW ever and should be the reigning champ as is (big fan of Volk too).

With the level Max has shown this past year, it really kinda highlights how good Volkanovski is. Max has overwhelmed good fighters like Ortega, Kattar, and Aldo twice. He breezed by Edgar too.

Crazy how he survived

AbandonedMarriedBlackrhino-size_restricted.gif

ElaborateAngryFlea-size_restricted.gif
This is what causes cte and stuff

Back