Kattar's first post since the loss

I never replied to your post. Regardless, Kattar is above average but will never fight for a belt.

What are you responding to in my thread if it wasn't to my post or any body else's post? <45>

Thanks for your opinion though. I think two more ranked wins and he could be back in the title picture. I'm not going to pretend to know what happens in the future though.

He gained a lot of fans that fight and his stock did nothing but go up even in defeat. He got "the rub" from Max I'm excited to watch his next fight and see the progression. Osssss

What are you responding to in my thread if it wasn't to my post or any body else's post? <45>

Thanks for your opinion though. I think two more ranked wins and he could be back in the title picture. I'm not going to pretend to know what happens in the future though.

Lol, don't take the 759th post so personally if this thread has any staying power.

Regardless, Kattar is not getting a title shot. I'm sure spiritually, or cosmically he appreciates the support, however.

Hopefully he takes six months off with no contact training. He'll be back by the end of the year reminding everyone why he's a legit top guy in this division. Always a fan of this guy. He'll learn from this.

I said the same actually, that he will learn from this.

I admit theres a hometown bias as Kattar is a local guy but he is good. Really good, with some serious power to boot. He's a bit of a slow starter. Great example is the Zabit fight. If that went one round longer, I'd have bet my life that Kattar would have finished him within one minute of the round.

He's tough as nails with the mentality of constantly improving. If Kattar kicks the starting slow habit and puts on the pressure from the start, I like his chances against everyone in the top 5.

Still super impressed with Holloway's performance. That was one of the most aggressive fights I have ever seen and I'm old and have been watching since the early days.

Lol, don't take the 759th post so personally if this thread has any staying power.

Regardless, Kattar is not getting a title shot. I'm sure spiritually, or cosmically he appreciates the support, however.

So, you're responding to nothing? Got it.

Hopefully he takes six months off with no contact training. He'll be back by the end of the year reminding everyone why he's a legit top guy in this division. Always a fan of this guy. He'll learn from this.

12 months would be more like it....

Thought it would be like.

bad.handwriting.jpg

I think we will see Kattar again sometime in October-November timeframe could be cool to see him fight Ryan Hall if he beats Danny ige in a 3 rounder on a PPV or maybe if they want him to main event a fight night he could go up against KZ

Yet I wasn't referring to those when I asked what you were responding to. Lol, take it easy man.

Hey, it's just the internet. No reason for you to have a meltdown over some better, opposing arguments.

I doubt he takes a year off, but yeah, he needs a long lay off with no contact. He can still do conditioning, shadow boxing, footwork drills, and many other things to improve. Just nothing that involves head trauma. I think we'll see him again towards the end of the year.

His coaches were pretty critical of Moraes' team when Moraes fought font three months after getting knocked out by Sandhagen. They said "if my guy was knocked out, he wouldn't even be sparring after three months, let alone fighting"

So i like to think they'll take ample time to recover from this.
Thats good, I'm glad. I do hope his boxing coach, is it chartier?, really notices the mistakes he made in that fight and others. Im a little worried because Kattar is already in his prime, but hopefully he gets his defensive deficiencies ironed out. The stiff arm backpeddling he does was a death sentance saturday. You can only get so far with a few defensive reactions, when your style is a reactive counter puncher.

Thats good, I'm glad. I do hope his boxing coach, is it chartier?, really notices the mistakes he made in that fight and others. Im a little worried because Kattar is already in his prime, but hopefully he gets his defensive deficiencies ironed out. The stiff arm backpeddling he does was a death sentance saturday. You can only get so far with a few defensive reactions, when your style is a reactive counter puncher.

Chartier isn't his striking coach, but I agree with everything you said. They need to address that issue. I'm willing to bet that they're thinking about it right now.

Huh? Do you think you're trying to troll me or something?

I have no reason to troll someone after exposing their weak case for Calvin Kattar contending for a title. Besides, you usually post good content, so this example is probably just an anomaly.

Seeing Ortega's turnaround after such a one-way violation, I'm rooting for Kattar to have a similar return to form.

I have no reason to troll someone after exposing their weak case for Calvin Kattar contending for a title. Besides, you usually post good content, so this example is probably just an anomaly.

I actually agree with you, but I'm not going to act like it's fact. I merely posed that it was a possibility for calvin to pick up two wins and find himself in a title shot. Ortega lost to max, won one big fight and is now in a title shot.

In a world where michael Bisping won a title, i don't count anybody out. Calvin has only lost recently to the number one and number three guy, and most people would probably pick him to beat zabit in a main event. I like kattar's chances against guys like KZ and yair and some other ranked guys as well. With the right matches, i can see him making it to a title shot, but i wouldn't bet on it.

Back