• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Kathryn Steinle's Murder: Illegal Immigrant Found NOT Guilty of Manslaughter by San Francisco Jury

Dude. Same here. No nightlife but a few restaurants/bars. I like it though.

Yea. Capistrano is nice. I love OC(most of it)

Parts of Santa Ana and Costa Mesa/Tustin are a bit rough, but I lived in Oakland before this. This is a playground by comparison.

My wife and I kind of wanted to get away from the action after living downtown for so long. We definitely got that. I just wish things stayed open after 9.

Can the feds bring federal charges? Can Sessions go for violating the victim's civil rights? Just curious.

As for practical terms, where is this guy to serve his felony conviction? Can't imagine he'll do well.

Can the feds bring federal charges? Can Sessions go for violating the victim's civil rights? Just curious.

As for practical terms, where is this guy to serve his felony conviction? Can't imagine he'll do well.

He can get 2-4 years, I think. He already spent 2 years in jail so I wouldn't be surprised if they consider it time served and let him go :(

So what's next SF refuses to hold him to be deported when he serves what ever little time if any.

So what's next SF refuses to hold him to be deported when he serves what ever little time if any.

So they just release him when his time is served even though he is in the US illegally? How does that work? Won't USCIS just be waiting outside of the prison upon release?

Yes, but presenting a case for manslaughter is far different than presenting a case for murder. Providing argument and evidence for manslaughter would undermine your charge of murder, so you aren't going to make those arguments.

There is enough overlap (like the fact that we knew he was in possession of the weapon) to allow the jury to make an educated decision on manslaughter.

So they just release him when his time is served even though he is in the US illegally? How does that work? Won't USCIS just be waiting outside of the prison upon release?

The feds have to know when he is to be released and what sanctuary cities do is not inform the feds before he is relesed.

Here's a way for all you pedophile voters to soothe your outrage.

(1) Close your eyes

(2) Pretend Kate Steinle was an unarmed black motorist

(3) Pretend the Mexican that killed her was a white cop

It don't seem that bad now right?

What are the charges for negligence leading to death? @Zankou

Murder 2?
Manslaughter?
Involuntary manslaughter?

Here's a way for all you pedophile voters to soothe your outrage.

(1) Close your eyes

(2) Pretend Kate Steinle was an unarmed black motorist

(3) Pretend the Mexican that killed her was a white cop

It don't seem that bad now right?

She didn't do NUFFINS!!! We should all march and burn our local communities down!!

It doesn't seem that bad now if it really happened right?

She didn't do NUFFINS!!! We should all march and burn our local communities down!!

It doesn't seem that bad now if it really happened right?

We have to respect the jury's verdict. They heard all the facts.

Besides, we weren't there. We don't know what she did before she got shot.

Nice,

now if only you said the same about cases like Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin we would finally get somewhere.

The difference is we may disagree with the verdict but the odds of riots, trying to burn the town and attack people over the verdict are almost none.

Well, at least we can deport him for the seventh time. Hopefully he doesn't kill anyone when he comes back.

What are the charges for negligence leading to death? @Zankou

Murder 2?
Manslaughter?
Involuntary manslaughter?

Depends on state law, but usually manslaughter. Which is pretty much what I would name my metal band, if I had one.

Nobody ever needs to respect a jury’s verdict. A jury never hears all the facts. That’s not how evidence works in a criminal trial.

It always annoys me when people conflate being found guilty in a criminal proceeding with guilt for a crime. For many good reasons, the state does not punish people for crimes except in accordance with a jury verdict. But that does not determine whether they committed the wrongful act. The most obvious example is if they die before a verdict can be rendered. Less obviously, the jury issues its verdict pursuant to a beyond a reasonable doubt standard, which means even if they believe you most likely murdered somebody, they are obligated to let you go free. Last, juries often nullify.

Back