Reaction score
Kassim Ouma 153 vs Cornelius Bundrage 154
Mike Jones 146.5 vs Germaine Sanders 146.5
Martinus Clay 155 vs Mustapha Johnson 153
Henry Lundy 136 vs Darnell Jiles 137
Joseph Llovet 134 vs Alberto Amaro 137
Dan Morales 139.5 vs Murray Cunningham 140
Edwin Rodriguez 164.5 vs James North 168

Another fun card tonight for espn as fun former champ Ouma needs this win to get back on premium cable, and K9 needs this to stay relevant. Ouma has been very not been consistant of late and he never had much power. However, he could always throw a million punches around and that has made him a fan favorite.

"Hammerin

War Ouma

I really liked his non-stop style, but its a hard style to keep doing - to keep punching when eating a few hard ones in return.

When was the last time Ouma fought, don't tell me Taylor?

his last fight he got a SD loss against Saul Roman..........i cant believe that.

anyways i hope Ouma wins......i have all ways cheered for him..he has been though alot.
i just hope he rededicates himself to boxing and become a champ again.

he has a documentary coming out in April that looks really good.

i could not get it to embed so go here and check it outhttp://www.kassimthedream.com/

Looks like it should be another great card. I plan on being home to watch it at 9......

I'm going with K9 in this one, as I think Ouma is still gunshy.

Either way, I do like both guys in the main event, so I'll be definitely watching.

ESPN comes through.

Definately looking forward to tonights fights.

I'm going with K9 in this one, as I think Ouma is still gunshy.

Either way, I do like both guys in the main event, so I'll be definitely watching.

ESPN comes through.

ouma isnt as busy or quick to pull the trigger as he has been in his early days, he has a style that i feel demands total commitment to be eff w/; if ur hesitant or not fully prepared to go through hell or push urself u can and will get out boxed/beaten up..

k9 has a good hard jab and is physically imposing, he can lean on, move around and stuff ouma off unless ouma is right mentally; otherwise k9 wins an exciting/close fight, ouma always is busy..but unless he has that snap/that fire he won't be able to deal w/the jab or the size.

Fucking disappointment. I like Ouma a lot, but he has been slacking. Slacking for quite some time. WTF?

Ouma's best days are definitely behind him. He should have been able to beat Bundrage.

Ouma's best days are definitely behind him. He should have been able to beat Bundrage.
IMO ouma is shot and I hate this becasue it makes contender fighters seem better,ouma does take alot of hits but still he is still young at 29 but I think he is mentally shot.oh well morra and gomez are gonna lose and one of them very badly in a one sided beat down by a metrosexual puertorican

the fight before it w/ the two young guys was fun to watch.

but yea, Bundrage lacks some fundamental skill, but still won. I think Ouma needs to re-evaluate his career.....

i missed it, how did the fight go down?

i missed it, how did the fight go down?

Some moments of decent exchanges, but only some.
Another awkward orthodox v southpaw match up. Head clashing and alot of clinches as soon as any inside fighting occured.

Thankfully showtime was re-playing Maldonado v Darchinyan.... because I was getting too much excitement out of K9 v Ouma.

ouma isnt as busy or quick to pull the trigger as he has been in his early days, he has a style that i feel demands total commitment to be eff w/; if ur hesitant or not fully prepared to go through hell or push urself u can and will get out boxed/beaten up..

k9 has a good hard jab and is physically imposing, he can lean on, move around and stuff ouma off unless ouma is right mentally; otherwise k9 wins an exciting/close fight, ouma always is busy..but unless he has that snap/that fire he won't be able to deal w/the jab or the size.

Pretty much.

I do NOT think Ouma is physically shot, but his head just isn't where it needs to be.

I agree 100%... his style is all or nothing if he is to have success. Caution will only hamper his ability to win.

Still, an entertaining fight none the less.
Thank you ESPN2.

First two fights were good, main event was nothing special.

I haven't watched Ouma fight since he fought Taylor. However, I know when he's here in West Palm Beach (where he lives), he can be found at a number of local spots getting FUUUUUCKED UP. I saw him drunk at Duffy's during the Taylor-Pavlik scrap. It's well known locally, and it's been going on for years. I think that, his love for Newports, and all the above mentioned have hurt him badly.

with his upbringing can you really blame the guy for not being focused to fight anymore. He's been fighting his whole life. i just wished that I had read this thread sooner. i heard the line was good a little too late.

Back