Rewatch Karo parisyan judo throws were NASTY and was a huge WW, what did go wrong ?

Do Sherdoger’s in 2022 even know who Karo is?

Karo isn't very bright, accepts no responsibility for anything and is a bit of a narcissist.

Always loved watching Karo, but he was one of those guys that you wouldn’t be surprised if you read he was in jail for murder..

He was never the same after Diego Sanchez knocked out his veneer.

He pulled out of fights routinely because of anxiety

it was like Khabib and José Aldo, but just all the time for like all kinds of fights

he got beat in a title eliminator against Thiago Alves, and protested the stoppage

he pulled out of a lot of fights
Here's an article that I am pulling out of a fight against Dustin Hayeslett, for which Dana banned him for life

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2009...n-has-expletive-the-ufc-not-fighting-saturday

he got a year suspension for Painkillers.
after he served that time, he came back to the UFC for one more opportunity

Dana White gave him a last last chance to fight, and it was against Dennis Hallman

he got tkoed again n what he thought was a questionable stoppage

he's yelling 'noooooooooooooooo' as the fight is called and his UFC career is over.. its heartbreaking

dana's post fight comments

He had a bad leg injury and was never quite the same after that, I think he then got addicted to painkillers.

yeah, that's right. bisping has mentioned on his podcast that he got very close to becoming addicted as well. it's a very slippery slope. i don't knock anyone from taking them as needed. but man, that feeling of being on clouds is dangerous and can easily isolate you from reality.

we just need to stick to the lesser stimulants, like coffee, tea, or the random drink here and there.

Injury, then drugs, and then the sport just evolved past him and got too athletic.

He had a bad leg injury and was never quite the same after that, I think he then got addicted to painkillers.

This.. they took a huge chunk out of his leg. This was around the time he was supposed to fight Hughes for the title iirc. He never mentally got over getting screwed out of that

He was the judo Paddy of the pre TUF Zuffa machine where hype was relegated to the Underground instead of Tiktok.

He was supposed to beat GSP when they first met ( Well that was the plan of the matchmakers back then) He got beat, Karo never went to his full potential it seem.

With his style it worked at that time for a brief moment but the curve was growing past him.

He wasn't a huge WW and how do you know that "he was supposed to beat GSP"?

lol Rogan says before the fight "GSP is a huge welterweight, he walks around at about 185"

That's 2004 for ya

dana's post fight comments

Actually really telling to rewatch the clips with old Daner before he fully cashed out. You could almost glimpse a genuine person there when he dealt with guys who were around the UFC before there was any money.

if i remember his career fell apart. he got a super serious injury, missed out on a title shot, got hooked on pills.

Karo's mental health is the main reason behind his downfall. I believe he had bipolar disorder.

Anxiety and pill issues. Too bad he didn't know about phenibut.

Back