• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Karen Read Trial

But his injuries are inconsistent with being hit by a car.

He had several blunt force injuries to his head. And dog bites on his arm, and bruises on his hand. I think red beard was right. There was a fight in the basement, dog got involved, and Higgins and Colin beat him unconscious, then panicked and tried to cover it up.

It explains the basement floor being jackhammered and removed. It explains the dog bites and them getting rid of the dog. It explains why Higgins got rid of his cell phone.

The only evidence that works against this theory is the GPS info that shows her car backed up for 60 feet at 24mph. But even that's suspicious because it seems unlikely given the street layout and road conditions, so I suspect maybe they faked it somehow.

Maybe they got in her car and drove backwards fast, then somehow claimed it was from that night.
There are numerous reasons a basements floor could be jackhammered.

But if you get hit by a car, you can sustain multiple head injuries - one from the car, and one or two from the ground, depending on how your head bounces.

The dog probably got out and chewed on him while he was dying.

Let me ask you this: Is there any reason, aside from her saying there is some kind of conspiracy, to think there was some kind of conspiracy?

But his injuries are inconsistent with being hit by a car.
Thats a bullshit line spoken by guilty peoples defense attorneys. Theres no such thing as “consistent with being hit by a car”. That could mean a body turned to jelly, a few scratches, or anything in between. The number of possibilities from being hit by a car are infinite. I don’t know enough about the case to form an opinion. But the fact her lawyer is using that line convinces me she’s guilty.

Last edited:
Anyone here following the Karen Read trial?

It is insane what is happening in the state of Massachusetts.

Link to catch up: Karen Read Gist

Boston Police Officer John O’Keefe was found unresponsive in the front yard of another officer’s suburban home on a snowy morning two years ago. He was pronounced dead shortly after, and his girlfriend, Karen Read, was charged in his murder.

Read, 44, has claimed innocence and alleged a far-reaching conspiracy among law enforcement officers to frame her in the killing.

I am no conspiracy theorist, but this case reeks of cover-up. Go down the rabbit hole and let's discuss.

So far, I think the Albert son, Colin was VERY involved in addition to Brian Higgins, the ATF agent. None of it adds up and this story doesn't make sense.

I've done investigations for more than a decade and a half, in addition to accident reconstructions for high-level attorneys/insurance companies...a vehicle in a driveway could NOT have done this damage.

Take into account a blizzard was starting when this happened, and I see reasonable doubt all over.

Let's chat!

If you want in-depth coverage and analysis of the trial a classmate of mine from law school turned full time YouTuber has been covering the entire trial

Let me ask you this: Is there any reason, aside from her saying there is some kind of conspiracy, to think there was some kind of conspiracy?
Yes. People that were there disposing of their cell phones the day before the order came out forbidding them to do so.

Then getting rid of the dog they've had for 6 years so conveniently nobody can get dna or teeth impressions from it.

Then jackhammering the basement floor, even though it had been remodeled already just a couple years earlier.

Then the guy across the street deleting his security camera footage of that night. Oh, and he's a cop too btw.

How bout the guy that denies he got into a fistfight with the victim in the basement? They found injuries on his knuckles. He says he got them from falling down.

How bout how nobody found pieces of the tail light at the crime scene the first day, but then a day later suddenly there's all these taillight pieces that magically appeared? They knew she broke the taillight at home, they just needed a day to sneak over there and pick up the pieces so they could plant them at the crime scene.

I could dismiss one or two of these maybe as coincidence but when it all adds up it just seems too unlikely that these cops are telling the truth.

I'm normally very pro-cop, but these fuckers are corrupt as hell. Rather than get a slap on the wrist for accidentally killing the guy during a fight, they'd rather frame an innocent woman.

Yes. People that were there disposing of their cell phones the day before the order came out forbidding them to do so.

Then getting rid of the dog they've had for 6 years so conveniently nobody can get dna or teeth impressions from it.

Then jackhammering the basement floor, even though it had been remodeled already just a couple years earlier.

Then the guy across the street deleting his security camera footage of that night. Oh, and he's a cop too btw.

How bout the guy that denies he got into a fistfight with the victim in the basement? They found injuries on his knuckles. He says he got them from falling down.

How bout how nobody found pieces of the tail light at the crime scene the first day, but then a day later suddenly there's all these taillight pieces that magically appeared? They knew she broke the taillight at home, they just needed a day to sneak over there and pick up the pieces so they could plant them at the crime scene.

I could dismiss one or two of these maybe as coincidence but when it all adds up it just seems too unlikely that these cops are telling the truth.

I'm normally very pro-cop, but these fuckers are corrupt as hell. Rather than get a slap on the wrist for accidentally killing the guy during a fight, they'd rather frame an innocent woman.
Ok, but what is the motive? Just because one of them had a crush on the dead cop’s wife?

And yeah, they are hiding something. But I’m not so sure that his murder is what they’re covering up.

Also, one of the experts said the composite material the brake light was made of, made it impossible to shatter in that many pieces unless done so on purpose..

I've been listening to the daily court proceedings, but that Boston accent kills me lol.
How do they decide when the Rs are silent?

What did you think about Proctors texts about Karen's leaky balloon knot?
So, this one was tough for me. I've been in law enforcement for close to 15 years. I have said some pretty shitty stuff about people. It is the way you vent sometimes. He said that on his personal phone which isn't normally subject to FOIA so I tends to not think much of the texts, other than the fact he made them so quickly after the case started. I'd have asked him in court if he normally operated that emotionally as that was his defense. To me, he is unfit for duty and any conviction he's been a part of needs to be looked at. He was so far from impartial and basically constructed the evidence to convict her. The texts with the fact they never searched the home ever really wraps it up for me.
I think jokes are jokes, especially made in private, but someone along the line, maybe the judge, should've stopped that from becoming publicly available. Now even if she's found not guilty she's still been publicly humiliated.
Imagine the case law that will be established moving forward for other police officers.
Yeah, but given the circumstances he should have been more professional. He might have thought it was in private, but his job literally puts all that info one FOIA request away from being public.
Why should the judge have stopped it?
Wasn't FOIA accessible. This was based off a warrant.
I think everyone knows I’m not a huge fan of most cops.
But, uh… she fucking killed him. The evidence all adds up to that. This one is open and shut.

Even if the forensic evidence is somehow falsified, how does she explain backing up that far, that fast? The police department can’t access that data.

Ask yourself what is more likely here: That a woman in a volatile relationship with her boyfriend decided, while drunk and upset, to back over him with the car, or if the entire politics department is engaged in a conspiracy to cover up the murder of one of their own because another cop was attracted to that woman.

It’s the former.
Covering up an incident doesn't need a motive other than self-preservation. How can you argue that Trooper Proctor has handled this case properly and from an unbiased position? Look at his actions and the actions of those around the death and ask yourself, why are they all so dodgy?
There are numerous reasons a basements floor could be jackhammered.

But if you get hit by a car, you can sustain multiple head injuries - one from the car, and one or two from the ground, depending on how your head bounces.

The dog probably got out and chewed on him while he was dying.

They would want to protect those in their family that would do decades over the murder. The Albert and McCabe family have not been forthcoming and I'd go as far as saying they have used connections to their advantage. None of them coming outside as the emergency vehicles were there, the flipped sallyport video, so many things scream improper investigation.
If you want in-depth coverage and analysis of the trial a classmate of mine from law school turned full time YouTuber has been covering the entire trial

My firewall blocks videos here, so who is the lawyer? I'm watching The Lawyer You Know and he is great.

Bingo I echo exactly what you are saying. The tail light being shatterproof is a big one I almost forgot.

Wasn't FOIA accessible. This was based off a warrant
If he's using his personal phone in his official capacity with his job, it most definitely is available to be FOIA requested. If it's government issued phone, than it's also subject to be being FOIA requested.

So, this one was tough for me. I've been in law enforcement for close to 15 years. I have said some pretty shitty stuff about people. It is the way you vent sometimes. He said that on his personal phone which isn't normally subject to FOIA so I tends to not think much of the texts, other than the fact he made them so quickly after the case started. I'd have asked him in court if he normally operated that emotionally as that was his defense. To me, he is unfit for duty and any conviction he's been a part of needs to be looked at. He was so far from impartial and basically constructed the evidence to convict her. The texts with the fact they never searched the home ever really wraps it up for me.

Imagine the case law that will be established moving forward for other police officers.

Wasn't FOIA accessible. This was based off a warrant.

Covering up an incident doesn't need a motive other than self-preservation. How can you argue that Trooper Proctor has handled this case properly and from an unbiased position? Look at his actions and the actions of those around the death and ask yourself, why are they all so dodgy?

They would want to protect those in their family that would do decades over the murder. The Albert and McCabe family have not been forthcoming and I'd go as far as saying they have used connections to their advantage. None of them coming outside as the emergency vehicles were there, the flipped sallyport video, so many things scream improper investigation.

My firewall blocks videos here, so who is the lawyer? I'm watching The Lawyer You Know and he is great.

Bingo I echo exactly what you are saying. The tail light being shatterproof is a big one I almost forgot.

My classmate is Ian Runkle and his channel on YouTube is “Runkle of the Bailey” (I think the name is a play on some old British lawyer show called “Rumpole of the Bailey”)

If he's using his personal phone in his official capacity with his job, it most definitely is available to be FOIA requested. If it's government issued phone, than it's also subject to be being FOIA requested.
Would you consider what he was doing (specifically talking shit) official capacity? I would argue that it is a slippery slope. I agree if the State paid for it, but my buddies that are staties have their own phone and he seems to have a lot of conversations on that phone.
My classmate is Ian Runkle and his channel on YouTube is “Runkle of the Bailey” (I think the name is a play on some old British lawyer show called “Rumpole of the Bailey”)
I will need to give this a look, thanks!

Would you consider what he was doing (specifically talking shit) official capacity? I would argue that it is a slippery slope. I agree if the State paid for it, but my buddies that are staties have their own phone and he seems to have a lot of conversations on that phone.
Well, he discussed the case with coworkers and supervisor. Not to mention he fed info to his sister from that phone.
I'm all about transparency from our government officials...

transparency from our government officials...
bfl.gif

Well, he discussed the case with coworkers and supervisor. Not to mention he fed info to his sister from that phone.
I'm all about transparency from our government officials...
I agree with you but just because he discussed something doesn't mean it wasn't an official capacity. My issue is working in law enforcement for as long as I have. If I was judged based off of some of my texts regarding interactions with inmates, I think people wouldn't see the big picture and judge me accordingly. If the general public actually worked in this field, they'd realize that it's easy to become this way. I would almost go as far as to say that it's almost necessary to be a little bit jaded in order to continue working in this capacity.

I agree with you but just because he discussed something doesn't mean it wasn't an official capacity. My issue is working in law enforcement for as long as I have. If I was judged based off of some of my texts regarding interactions with inmates, I think people wouldn't see the big picture and judge me accordingly. If the general public actually worked in this field, they'd realize that it's easy to become this way. I would almost go as far as to say that it's almost necessary to be a little bit jaded in order to continue working in this capacity.
Prison system, correct?
My dad and several uncles all worked in the MDOC. I get it.

And yeah, I guess you're not going to foia a personal phone unless you know for a fact they used it in their official capacity. But he had to know that info from his phone could be requested regarding a case like this.
I'm not saying I've never said degrading and humiliating stuff about people.... but don't do it in writing lol. Nothings ever truly gone lol.

Back