Television Kaley Cuoco says her Big Bang outfits became less sexualized over the years

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.insider.com/kaley-cuoco-big-bang-theory-outfits-became-less-sexualized-2021-9

Excerpt
"I started 'Big Bang' at 21 years old," She began. "I was the cute girl next door to the nerds. It was all about booty shorts, Juicy Couture zip-ups. And as the years went on – Penny grows up, Kaley grows up – all of a sudden it's like, 'Can I have a long sleeve shirt? How about a slack? How about a loafer? I never wanna see that high heel again!'"
"And also that was so long ago," Cuoco added. "When I think about how many years ago that was, it was a different time. Also, by the way, at 21 I was hot. I wanted to show that stuff off. You would not catch me dead in a sexy cat costume now! I just had a litter of kittens – never doing that again."
I began watching the show recently and did in fact notice this. Kaley (who plays Penny on The Big Bang Theory) wore booty shorts and Uggs during the early seasons.

wait-what-wait-a-minute.gif

a50469266831fc43e78a1270c9416af3.gif

W5vfK71.png

In the later seasons they had her dressed more conservatively.

05mm8ty.png

I get that everyone has their time, and women are typically hottest around their early to mid-20s, but she was still attractive in the mid to later seasons as well. Making her the "hot girl" even in 2012 wouldn't exactly have been unbelievable. Truth be told, even in Kaley Cuoco's new show The Flight Attendant, she isn't exactly rough on the eyes. At 36 years old, she is a regular MILF.

I wonder if it has less to do with "Kaley is no longer hot" and more to do with character and show development(?) BBT started out as a show about a group of nerds and a hot girl, it evolved. Penny became less of a one-dimensional dumb-blonde, Kelly Bundy knock off and developed as a character. The show also developed into more than just "Ah, we're dorks who have a sexy neighbor we can't talk to!"

Would bang her at any age or weight on the show or after the show. She's hot. But I think you guys are right in that they showed her character, as well as the actress, growing up and maturing over time into a person and not a sexy hot object next door.

I’ll always believe that she had it written in her contract that Bernadette was to wear exclusively long skirts and sweater vests so she wouldn’t upstage her.

Back