• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kai Asakura vs Petr Yan

135 is an incredibly stacked division. There's no shortage of guys they could put him in there with.

Nah. If they see him as a potential star due to his massive social media following and stuff they will give him a ranked guy that he can look good against.

They always give new signings tough, but very winnable fights against fighters that arent elite but still have big names.

Think Chandler getting Hooker for his debut, Gaethje getting Michael Johnson. Potential banana skins sure but fights they would almost always be favoured to win.

I think Rob Font is quite likely. Jonathan Martinez and Pedro Munhoz are also possibilities.

Would certainly make an immediate impact and make him an instant contender. But I think it may be too quick for him and I don't think Yan has too much to gain. He just beat a rising guy in Song. I think he should get someone that he will look good against that has a good name. I think Font would be good.

I would hope they give him an easier fight if they plan on him being a star for them. Someone said Rob Font, I feel like that fights perfect. Or Pedro Munoz if you want to make sure he gets the W.

Sure, give him Yan or Cejudo. Or really any guy that is not Merab or O'malley because that is the title fight to make.

How was he screwed?

Anyway I think Kai is a high profile Fight and good for Yan.
He’s a former champ who might still have the belt if didn’t get the short end of bad decisions against Sterling and O’Malley. The look on O’Malley’s face as the decision was announced made it obvious even he knew he’d lost. And after all that, now they want him to fight a highly regarded prospect making his UFC debut, meaning Yan won’t get much credit for winning the fight, but will take a massive hit to his profile if he loses.

sure, if they are trying to give Asakura a title shot in 1-2 fights. because if he gets Yan and wins there's not many people above Yan who don't have the belt.

sure, if they are trying to give Asakura a title shot in 1-2 fights. because if he gets Yan and wins there's not many people above Yan who don't have the belt.

Merab is next then Umar or Sandhagen.

Right it makes no sense to bring in a guy and have him immediatley fight No Mercy

Apparently he's fighting Song but that also makes very little sense.

Give him Font or someone.

Back