PBP K-1 World GP 2024: Eastern Europe Round June 29, 2024, 12:30PM ET ***Sherdog Discussion*** (Triller)

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
DFC6VBg.jpeg

KICKBOXING
K-1 World GP 2024: Eastern Europe Round
Date: June 29, 2024, 12:30PM ET
Venue: Sports Hall Skanderia
Promotion: K-1 Group

Main Card – iPPV (TrillerTV) – 12:30pm ET / 9:30am PT
Ernest Dupljak vs. Mesud Selimovic
Mihailo Ćulafić vs. Haris Biber
Jahfaro Gezius vs. Teo Mikelic
Ferhat Arslan vs. Albert Ugriničić
Matija Drobnjak vs. Benjamin Poturak
Ivan Bartek vs. Danilo Tošić
Balint Ladover vs. Miroslav Vujovic
Claudio Istrate vs. Nidal Bchiri
Kadir Yildirim vs. Tomáš Hron
Milos Cvjeticanin vs. Muamer Jugović
Lazar Klikovac vs. Sanjin Alihodžić
Nur Velagić vs. Savvas Kagkelidis
Barbara Fiala vs. Marieke Calis
Nikola Ilić vs. Isa Zildžić

How to watch: FREE (Bosnia and Herzegovina) on mojawebtv.bhtelecom.ba

A fiasco? And the Romanian Italian Claudio Istrate swore and insulted.

Summary of the K-1 Sarajevo incidents​

• Tomáš Hron was thrown out of the ring and lost in controversial fashion
  • Claudio Istrate walks out of the ring pissed off in his fight with Nidal Bchiri
  • Nidal Bchiri was robbed of the win against Kadir Yildirim
  • Yildirim drops out of GP final leaving Bchiri to face reserve fighter Cvjetićanin

Reactions: Gio
Dutch site saying a Dutch fighter got robbed. Think maybe Mr. Emmerink was wearing his Enfusion glasses. I didn't feel Bchiri was robbed.

Reserve guy looked the best all night and ended up winning.

And with all due respect to Mike passing on the message on commentary, it was a bit weird for K-1 to say that they were going to "discuss" him going forward in the tournament. The dude won fair and square, they'll have him on or none of these qualifier tournaments mean anything. Just because (I'm guessing) the organization didn't bother to sign him to a contract because he was just a reserve fighter is K-1's own mistake to fix.

Last edited:
Bchiri said he was injured that's why he didn't use low kicks, but really anything can happen because of his training. He looked good at Enfusion when he won the belt, but now he came out overweight again.

Also, Kikuta did not fire Istrate.

kikuta.png

Reactions: Gio
Dutch site saying a Dutch fighter got robbed. Think maybe Mr. Emmerink was wearing his Enfusion glasses. I didn't feel Bchiri was robbed.

Reserve guy looked the best all night and ended up winning.

And with all due respect to Mike passing on the message commentary, it was a bit weird for K-1 to say that they were going to "discuss" him going forward in the tournament. The dude won fair and square, they'll have him on or none of these qualifier tournaments mean anything. Just because (I'm guessing) the organization didn't bother to sign him to a contract because he was just a reserve fighter is K-1's own mistake to fix.
Definitely, I would also assume his participation in the final 16 is probably just as you mentioned. He's a relative unknown who may or may not have contractual conflicts. I'd be surprised if it doesn't get ironed out.

Edit-
Looks like Cvjeticanin is going to be in the final 16 per K-1's offical site. https://www.k-1.co.jp/news/39629

Last edited:
Back