Justin Wren returns to MMA after 5 years in Congo

Kind of but let's not act like Bellator is the UFC. Ken Shamrock was just headlining. I'm fine with Burns fighting Wren because Wren hasn't fought in like 5 years and I absolutely want it to be on the main card. Wren's not even thirty and if he actually puts the work in I could see him being a real factor in the division. He beat Madsen who I also think it better than everyone rates him.
I'm fine with Wren. But find a new guy to do the job for him. 0-6 or whatever is not good for a major promotion.

Nobody will ever think of them as any more than a extremely distant second if they put on fights like this.

I love Bellator but I also don't want it to become a company with literally zero conpetitive fights

Hopefully his experience has inspired, and fulfilled him rather than drain him.

Good luck to him in getting as much out of his career as his body will allow.

If Bellator are only now doing 1 card per month, or 3 every two months however they are going to work it, they have to come up with something better than Bellator 141.

It will have been 6 weeks since the last card, but what is there to really get excited about?
This is what really saddens me about Bellator, I used to love watching it every single week, but it's easy to skip and not miss anything any more. 141 is on par with a mediocre WSOF card.

Plus, Melvin & Pitbull on the same card? Let them fight for fuck sake! It could be an awesome fight, and something to look foward to.

Augusto Sakai if I wanted to be fair and Ryan Martinez to give Wren the advantage. But Burns? Pure squash!

Also make Coenen the main card opener for Chrissakes!

I was about to come in here and be cynical about some naive white dude patronizing the locals in Africa and 'finding' himself but I just read he's freed quite a lot of people from slavery like conditions, that shit is awesome, good luck to this dude.

But Wren was on TUF and went to Africa and is coming back after years away, thats something they can promote. Sad but thats what it is.

Its really not that sad to me... its been proven that people will never consider the fighters on their roster to be "the best" so it makes sense to at least give us good fighters that we should have a reason to care about how they perform. Wren does just that... if I didn't dislike WMMA compared to MMA though I would probably be upset also I guess

I love Bellator but I also don't want it to become a company with literally zero conpetitive fights

Just use the DVR to pick and choose. It has been proven that a lot of fans need to see some squash matches to get excited about a prospect, Coker utilizes that method a lot. They're still giving us the 4 man tournament and tito vs liam and i'm very excited for both of those things. Plus i'm pretty sure MVPs next fight has to FINALLLLY be someone legit, so there is a lot to look forward to, but if you hate squash fights than DVR will be a must in the Coker Era.

Just use the DVR to pick and choose. It has been proven that a lot of fans need to see some squash matches to get excited about a prospect, Coker utilizes that method a lot. They're still giving us the 4 man tournament and tito vs liam and i'm very excited for both of those things. Plus i'm pretty sure MVPs next fight has to FINALLLLY be someone legit, so there is a lot to look forward to, but if you hate squash fights than DVR will be a must in the Coker Era.
I totally get the need for it here and there. But at some point you have to put on some legit fights. If you went back through this entire year I wouldn't doubt that maybe a solid 65% of the fights were full on squashes.

I like watching them live and they can make for fun finishes and stuff. But the general set up is that you'd expect when Ward and MVP get three straight squashes it'd be time to set them up. Instead we get them versus some random.

I just think highly of Bellator's and I don't get how they just don't seem to be putting it together. The show's shouldn't be this bad, there shouldn't be this many squash matches, there should be shows that people can get pumped for.

We've had a month to talk about Bellator 141 and nobody has talked because the card doesn't have any talking points.

yeah you can hear his whole story on joe rogans podcast, he almost died:

[YT]jDZN_L2H05Q[/YT]

I don't care if his fight is a squash match, dude hasn't fought in such a long time and has been through some crazy stuff, if anyone deserves a gimme fight on their way back it would be him.

Back