Justin Wren returns to MMA after 5 years in Congo

ekowal69

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like he signed with Bellator

Source: http://www.mymmanews.com/after-five-years-in-the-congo-justin-wren-returns-to-mma-on-august-28-with-an-inspirational-story-to-share/

wren.png

He seems like a good dude.

Whats funny is this is a main card fight but Coenen is on the prelims.

But Wren was on TUF so that trumps Coenen being number 2 in the world in her div and the top contender for the title.

But Wren was on TUF so that trumps Coenen being number 2 in the world in her div and the top contender for the title.

It's a Coker/Chou card. I'm surprised he hasn't paid a billion dollars so Hendo can come KO cans every 4 months in the main event yet.

Coenan will probably end up on the postlims too.

I was about to come in here and be cynical about some naive white dude patronizing the locals in Africa and 'finding' himself but I just read he's freed quite a lot of people from slavery like conditions, that shit is awesome, good luck to this dude.

Primus should be on main card over this.

But Wren was on TUF and went to Africa and is coming back after years away, thats something they can promote. Sad but thats what it is.

really shows Bellator has no plan for their FW div, they dont know wht to do with it.

The guy has an interesting story, that's for sure. Hope he does well in Bellator.

I like this signing.

I agree that they are treating Coenen poorly by shoving her on the prelims but I have no problem with Wren being on the main card even if it is a squash match. He has a story that people are going to eat up and he is actually a legit prospect. He came pretty close to beating Nelson and looked to be the better fighter of the two in their scrap.

He's a guy who is going to be really easy to hype up, so I get why he gets the main card treatment right away.

Also it's funny that Josh Burns is pretty much Bellator's go to guy when they need a HW to pick up a quick win. Dude is 0-5 in Bellator.

Dude had tough luck losing to Big Country and Madsen when I thought he didn't lose either

I like his story. But Josh Burns being on a main card is embarassing.

woah, was hoping they would sign him. heard his story of almost dying out there in the congo on rogans podcast. training and fighting should be nothing to him now.

He was a good wrestler in HS, but I always thought he was a little weird. Nice guy, though.

Love this signing! He is one of the top wrestlers in the HWT division and was always a top prospect. Also good for publicity sake and I am native Congolese. Much respect for this guy!

Glad to hear he's making a return, I hope we see him back in the UFC one day.

I like his story. But Josh Burns being on a main card is embarassing.

Kind of but let's not act like Bellator is the UFC. Ken Shamrock was just headlining. I'm fine with Burns fighting Wren because Wren hasn't fought in like 5 years and I absolutely want it to be on the main card. Wren's not even thirty and if he actually puts the work in I could see him being a real factor in the division. He beat Madsen who I also think it better than everyone rates him.

Back