Justin was completely gassed after round one

Have you guys ever done cardio? Second wind, getting over the bump... it's a real thing. Maybe he warmed up too hard with wrestling drills. Who knows.

I was shocked as well...it was actually halfway thru the first and he looked shot

He gasses badly in most of his fights but nobody holds him accountable because they choose to brawl with him instead of taking advantage of his biggest weakness - his grappling.

Seems to me this was the obvious answer, surprised I had to scroll down to see it.

JG is the guy who gassed out beating up Alvarez and Poirer. His fight IQ is pretty bad and his guard game is non-existent.

Edson Barboza had a better guard then JG. Think about that.

I don't think he was tbh. I just don't think his sub defense was up to snuff. Khabib ironically ended up winning on the bottom rather than on the top hahha.

I think he was just overwhelmed. I can't imagine that either him or Whitman thought that Justin could keep his back off the fence, consistently land his low kicks, avoid the takedown, and... somehow still be losing the fight big-time. He was doing everything right and still getting pieced up... it was amazing.

He wasn't expecting Khabib to be landing on him. The 2 flying knees hurt him

He was also having to work very hard in terms of movement but I suspect some of it was that there was quiet intense grappling at the very end of the round rather than being properly worn out,

He was also having to work very hard in terms of movement but I suspect some of it was that there was quiet intense grappling at the very end of the round rather than being properly worn out,
Yeah that was definitely a big factor

I was rather shocked that he was this tired considering first round was mostly stand up, I dont know if it’s the pressure that Khabib put on him or a very tough weight cut, but he was obviously very tired this early

look at the weight-ins. Justin looked drained. I've said it in another thread. He looked off.
That being said he chose a very weird fighting style.
He was throwing bombs without even looking at the target. It was a very weird lateral movement.

Yeah, that was one of the weirdest things I have ever seen in a fight. He literally was gasping for air after just 4 minutes... and that after the first 1,5 minutes of the fight was seemingly not really actionpacked.

He handled that Khabib pressure very bad, I guess.

Khabib’s cardio is unreal, he did the same thing with Barbosa, but Gaethje landed clean shots. Gaethje literally had to throw wild just to keep his back off the fence. He was circling like crazy. Khabib did the same thing to Porier. Neither Poirer or Gaethje are slouches when it comes to cardio. That just what Khabib does to people.

In retrospect, Iaquinta did better than all of them, LOL.

I was rather shocked that he was this tired considering first round was mostly stand up, I dont know if it’s the pressure that Khabib put on him or a very tough weight cut, but he was obviously very tired this early
Massive constant pressure from Khabib.

Khabib was on him every second of thst 1st round. Justin could never settle even a tiny bit.

he wasn’t gassed. The adrenaline was just pumping. That’s why Trevor was telling him to slow down. Control the adrenaline.
He was sucking wind, clearly, at the end of the first. He looked dead on his feet.

Yeah, that was one of the weirdest things I have ever seen in a fight. He literally was gasping for air after just 4 minutes... and that after the first 1,5 minutes of the fight was seemingly not really actionpacked.

He handled that Khabib pressure very bad, I guess.

Badly, yes. I guess Khabib's cardio is underrated because the difference between the two was night and day.

He completely panicked. Wasted a lot of energy with his movement and swinging wild punches with no hope of connecting.

Back