Justin Gaethje's run

OneManOrgy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
James Vick: KO First Round, ruined his career. Vick is now 0 in his last 4, 3 losses coming after the Gaethje loss.

Toughest opponent of the three:

Edson Barboza: KO First Round, poked him in the eye and Barboza continued to fight. Gaethje is only one of 3 men to T(KO) Barboza. Barboza was just coming off that ass whooping of the surging Dan Hooker who has won his last two over solid opponents. I believe Barboza beat Felder.

Donald Cerrone: Coming off his first controversial loss of the three, blows his nose (huge mistake) and blows up his own eye (not gonna get any further into that.) Justin Gaethje stops him and Donald protests the stoppage (he was done.) and now the McGregor loss.

How do you rate that run?

It's wins over some solid guys, Edson was the only fighter I thought he'd struggle against.

I was pretty confident his style would beat Cowboy and Vick. Edson I wanted to see a load of leg kicks.

I'd really like to see Gaethje/Lee though.

Al's biggest win is going 5 rounds against Khabib and that's it pretty much.
That and the robbery against Jorge are his biggest accomplishments yet people on here were talking him up and saying he was on the same level as Tony and Khabib. The Narrative was that Khabib, Tony and Al were the top 3 Lightweights and Cowboy was a gatekeeper... Funny shit.

It's ok. Nothing spectacular. He walked through some solid gatekeepers and an up and coming prospect. He did what he needed to do to prove he's top 5, imo, but beyond that, I think the only people really hyping it up are Conor haters/Khabib huggers.

The blind hate/love some of you have for someone you've never met and has no clue you exist is mind boggling sometimes. If Gaethje deserves a title shot because of his last fight being a win over Cowboy, why is Conor so quickly discredited? He beat Cowboy and made it look easier than Gaethje did, and he did it at 170 where, imo, Cowboy actually looks better than he does at 155.

You could make a legitimate argument that the fight wasn't at lw, but the opponent remains the same and he happens to look better at 170 anyway.

That and the robbery against Jorge are his biggest accomplishments yet people on here were talking him up and saying he was on the same level as Tony and Khabib. The Narrative was that Khabib, Tony and Al were the top 3 Lightweights and Cowboy was a gatekeeper... Funny shit.

Legit that Masvidal robbery is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Good but not as good as people making it out to be.

Vick: has lost to every elite fighter he has faced, the win was amazing but he wasn't the first to do that to Vick.
Barboza: Edson is a great fighter but again, has lost to every elite fighter he has faced and Justin poked him pretty bad in the eye seconds before the KO.
Cowboy: was just coming from an ass whooping from Tony and is Cowboy, he is good but not great.

It is a good win streak and I think he is the only one in the top 5 besides Tony with a win streak so he should definetly get the next shot but the run is not some epic undeniable run that Conor haters are pretending it is.

Al's biggest win is going 5 rounds against Khabib and that's it pretty much.
His biggest win is Kevin Lee.. Al going 5 rounds with Khabib is what is truly overhyped. He lost the decision 50-43..

<{outtahere}>

His biggest win is Kevin Lee.. Al going 5 rounds with Khabib is what is truly overhyped. He lost the decision 50-43..

<{outtahere}>

People talk about the Khabib loss as an achievement for Iaquinta more than they ever do about the 2 Lee wins. That's my point.

He got KTFO by Dustin, who just got dominated by the champ. No mma math here, but it’s just clear as day he’s not ready for anyone

I'd watch him fight Khabib or Conor. He deserves it. If he doesn't fight them Hooker or Lee?

Mediocre. No idea why everyone thinks this guy is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Good wins but not good enough to cry so much for a title shot in such a stacked division

Back