Justin Gaethje's run

His biggest win is Kevin Lee.. Al going 5 rounds with Khabib is what is truly overhyped. He lost the decision 50-43..

<{outtahere}>
Iaquinta actually beat Kevin Lee twice (2018 and 2014).

I thought Al lost to Masvidal, I was there in person at Mendes - Lamas main event fight in Fairfax, VA. Masvidal clearly won two rounds and was the more effective fighter, but he coasted in R3 and his output could have been better in R1 and R2 which made them closer rounds than they should have been. Masvidal tagged Iaquinta in the face pretty good multiple times drawing a bloody nose, but Iaquinta pursued and landed leg kicks while Masvidal danced around like a boxer too much. I had it for Masvidal for sure, but his fight IQ was a bit low back in the day and he left the door open...

Other than khabib and Tony, his streak is the best out of the guys in the top 10.

Good enough for a title shot or a #1 contender shot against Conor McG next. If that there is zero doubt.

Overrated as shit to me, just like Al before the Cerrone fight.
How is justin's run like Al's before Cerrone? He had a 2 year lay off, then went 2-1 before he fought Cerrone. Justin has 3 first round KO's in a row. Why do people like comments like this haha

That and the robbery against Jorge are his biggest accomplishments yet people on here were talking him up and saying he was on the same level as Tony and Khabib. The Narrative was that Khabib, Tony and Al were the top 3 Lightweights and Cowboy was a gatekeeper... Funny shit.
When was Al being a top 3 LW ever the narrative? Did the rankings reflect that at all? I don't remember anyone with any sense thinking Al was a top 3 LW at any point in his career wtf are you saying

How is justin's run like Al's before Cerrone? He had a 2 year lay off, then went 2-1 before he fought Cerrone. Justin has 3 first round KO's in a row. Why do people like comments like this haha
I never said his run was like Al's I said he is overrated like Al, do you even know how to read? If we are to compare the 2 though are you really going to knock Al for losing a short notice fight with Khabib? He was 6-1 in his last 7 and very hyped up much like Gaethje is now. Gaethje has looked decent but people are way too high on him right now.

I never said his run was like Al's I said he is overrated like Al, do you even know how to read? If we are to compare the 2 though are you really going to knock Al for losing a short notice fight with Khabib? He was 6-1 in his last 7 and very hyped up much like Gaethje is now. Gaethje has looked decent but people are way too high on him right now.
Yeah it was a loss, where he was dominated. I do count that as a loss. He had a two year lay off in between that run though. How is his run similar or the hype similar to Gaethje when he has 3 first round KO's? I don't think anyone was that high on Al. Besides DC and Joe Rogan lol

When was Al being a top 3 LW ever the narrative? Did the rankings reflect that at all? I don't remember anyone with any sense thinking Al was a top 3 LW at any point in his career wtf are you saying
He was ranked #4 when he fought Cerrone and Conor was #3 (really should't have been ranked) so you could say he was technically ranked 3rd. I never said anybody with any sense said it I just said people said it, and they did. Several people on here said that shit.

You wanna see some MMA calculus?

Justin lost to Dustin who lost to khabib

Justin lost to Dustin who lost to Conor who lost to khabib

Justin lost lost to Eddie who lost to Conor who lost to khabib

Justin lost to Eddie who lost to cowboy who lost to Conor who lost to khabib

Justin can beat khabib to the power of 4

Yeah it was a loss, where he was dominated. I do count that as a loss. He had a two year lay off in between that run though. How is his run similar or the hype similar to Gaethje when he has 3 first round KO's? I don't think anyone was that high on Al. Besides DC and Joe Rogan lol
Rogan may have influenced it but some people on here were saying Al would beat Khabib in a rematch. Vick sucks, Barboza was eye poked and had lost 2 of his last 3 and Cowboy was coming off a loss/ is a notorious slow starter. Still good wins but I'm not sold in the slightest.

Rogan may have influenced it but some people on here were saying Al would beat Khabib in a rematch. Vick sucks, Barboza was eye poked and had lost 2 of his last 3 and Cowboy was coming off a loss/ is a notorious slow starter. Still good wins but I'm not sold in the slightest.
I think Conor haters are hyping him for sure, but not to Al's level. Al looked good against Kevin Lee but other than that I'm not sure how he get all the way to #4 in the rankings. Kinda shocking tbh lmaoo. That Kevin Lee win catapulted him, guess he was being hyped like crazy

Back