News Justin Gaethje opens up as (-140) favorite over Michael Chandler (+120)

Hard one to predict. Chandler is the heavier striker. And even though Justin is durable I think hits heavy enough that if he catches him he can put him down. And think he'll just be the physically stronger man in there. But Justin cracks hard with 2 hands and his feet. And is durable as hell, and relentless. Chandler although Tenacious and fearless has shown he can be chinny, and has shown that leg kicks can hugely impact his game if they're landing good. It really is just going to be 2 forces meeting in the middle, and one will be forced to wilt. Do not see a decision happening. Don't want to see either man go down as I like them both and would like to see them Both get back on the W train. But the same time this is going to be an awesome encounter.

They're both stylistically tough matchups for each other but Justin is tougher mentally and more durable. Hard not to favor him

Chandlers too small to wrestle fuck Justin and on the feet he’s just not good enough. Justin by first round ko. Chandler has a punchers chance, that’s it. He ain’t out striking the dude who pieced Prime Tony.

To many X factors to predict this one imo. I'm just ready for some fucking violence. Plus Gaethje got his 12 week training camp
<8>

I can't explain the Brooks fights. He is Chandler's kryptonite
Oliveira-Takedown.gif

He went for the guillotine and stopped trying to stop the takedown to be honest.
He said he had to go for the guillotine because the shot was too deep. I put the video in the post as a late edit. He fully admits it there. He had no choice.

They're both stylistically tough matchups for each other but Justin is tougher mentally and more durable. Hard not to favor him
I don't see Justin being the favorite here. Only thing really saving him are leg kicks advantage against chandler

Yeah, good or great wrestlers can still get taken down in MMA, not really a big blemish, just look at DC, Yoel and Jon. Or stuffed at every takedown like Khabib Tibau.

Not saying Chandler is on their level, just don't see the point of posting some fragments of fights. I'm not really familiar enough with Chandler to really know how good his wrestling is though.

I don't see Justin being the favorite here. Only thing really saving him are leg kicks advantage against chandler
Chandler gasses after the first round, and Gaethje is durable as fuck

I don't see how Chandler could possibly win without getting a fluke round 1 KO

Justin has a chin so I think he can survive Chandler's initial onslot but while Chandler is no submission master, he is a great wrestler and above average BJJ, so I think he subs Justin.
You're funny.

Yeah, good or great wrestlers can still get taken down in MMA, not really a big blemish, just look at DC, Yoel and Jon. Or stuffed at every takedown like Khabib Tibau.

Not saying Chandler is on their level, just don't see the point of posting some fragments of fights. I'm not really familiar enough with Chandler to really know how good his wrestling is though.
His wrestling is not in the category of those guys you mentioned. Its solid, but its not nothing revolutionary. That's why I use it. Chandler is high octane and prefers stand up anyway. Like Gaethje in a way, he prefers to knock people out or be knocked out.

In an interview, he told gaethje to be prepared to be make a highlight or be prepared to be made a highlight.

He has the conor issue of Cardio. His issue is he's always jumping in and out and throws with alot of energy because he sits on his punches. So that's why its relevant. He also telegraphs his takedowns too. A jab up high or a jab to the body for entry. I think gaethje will be prepared. But we'll see.

Back