Just When I Was Worried For GSP's Title . . .

Nate's a good all-rounder with good speed and power, pretty good cardio. He's got good skills everywhere and his physical attributes are well-balanced. But he doesn't really stand out in any area, never has. GSP is better in all areas, except for power. Nate also hesitates to let that power go, also against Woodley despite of winning, getting that late stoppage. He wasn't a threat to GSP for those reasons, imo.

Tarec really impressed me tonight. I saw him as a good technical striker who gets hit a lot because of his upright stance and lack of head movement. His footwork is, and has been, excellent. He has a better chance to win a decision against GSP than Nate has, or any other fighter has because he can match GSP's skill on the feet. He won't defend those TD's enough though, and won't stop GSP with strikes, so while that chance is higher, it's unlikely to happen.

You make it sound like "guys like Rory MacDonald" are like fringe prelim card fighters.

Nate would def be a top contender in the UFC WW division.

Actually, by saying "guys like Rory MacDonald", I meant top level UFC WW's.

Nate's hot, and cold. The only threat to Georges is Hendricks or Ellenberger but he should still win those fights.

Nate is still a contender. He looked very weak and tired after the first though. He overlooked Tarec and said he wanted to fight at Montreal.

GSP is also fighting the top 2 or 3 WWs in the world. The Belgiun has been fighting guys at a much lower level. In GSP's case it doesn't mean anything.

Putting a number next to a guy's name doesn't make him good. People thought Nate would smash this guy.

Doesn't mean Nate wouldn't smash GSP if they fought. It just means the road to get to GSP might be a bit longer

I also thought Nate Marquardt was a serious threat to GSP and am a Marquardt fan a bit, but you didn't see Thiago Alves kick the F out of GSP's leg. GSP might have more fight IQ.

Marquardt was never a threat to GSP's title in my opinion.

Not many men are.

your trying to tell us all that a fighter isnt good enough to beat gsp and talking about his record and you dont even know his name. that says something about you.

Just because tarec was good enough to stuff marquardt's takedowns. Don't mean that marquardt is garbage. It could mean that seffiedine is that good.

Back