Just When I Was Worried For GSP's Title . . .

dissolved

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Nate looks like that.

By the way, the Belgium fighter did a good job, but don't think he's the threat to GSP's title that I thought Nate was . . . And he's 9 decisions in his last 10 I believe.

The only threat to GSP's welterweight title is Father Time and hs desire to fight.

Nate, to me, was never a threat to GSP. One fight at WW, beating Woodley, wasn't enough for me to even consider him a valid threat.

LOL. Sherdoggers laughed at me when I said Marquardt is overrated and will get smashed by guys like Rory MacDonald. Now they're all gonna say that they never even considered him to be a threat at WW.

Nate, to me, was never a threat to GSP. One fight at WW, beating Woodley, wasn't enough for me to even consider him a valid threat.

He's looked awesome in other fights, but, admittedly is up and down like a yoyo . . . I thought at WW he'd be near unstoppable. But, what I saw tonight was a lot of tentativeness and that he's very much a counterstriker - didnt pay enough attention to that before. GSP would never have approached that fight like Nate . . . Within 15 seconds George would've been attacking with an inside leg-kick and/or a jab. Then he'd shoot as soon as The Belgiun threw anything. Marquardt didn't look anything special tonight at all.

Never thought Nate was a threat for the belt but okay.

LOL. Sherdoggers laughed at me when I said Marquardt is overrated and will get smashed by guys like Rory MacDonald. Now they're all gonna say that they never even considered him to be a threat at WW.

You make it sound like "guys like Rory MacDonald" are like fringe prelim card fighters.

Nate would def be a top contender in the UFC WW division.

You make it sound like "guys like Rory MacDonald" are like fringe prelim card fighters.

Nate would def be a top contender in the UFC WW division.

I think top 10 still . . . But not sure if is going to contend.

Marquardt a threat to Gsp? lol don't even know what to say to that.

GSP is the #1 WW in the world and the best WW ever!

NO ONE is taking that WW belt from him. Not even Anderson Silva @ 170! NO WAY!

I don't see why you would of thought Nate would beat Gsp. Gsp is the better striker, the better athlete, has better cardio and when he gets in trouble could easily take Nate down.

Hendricks is a far more dangerous opponent than Nate is anyways.

I don't see why you would of thought Nate would beat Gsp. Gsp is the better striker, the better athlete, has better cardio and when he gets in trouble could easily take Nate down.

Hendricks is a far more dangerous opponent than Nate is anyways.

I would have still bet on GSP, I was just seeing him as a very real "threat" in a similar vein as Hendricks. In a fight anything can happen, and Nate posed more of those "anything-can-happen" intangibles than many WWs.

Nate was supposed to be a threat to GSP's title? News to me...

I think Nate is a very good fighter but he seems to be one of those fighters that if he can't impose his game plan and bully a fighter right away he becomes tentative. See Silva, Okami, Sonnen, and now Saffiedine

So agreed, his performance was poor. I would hate to be Nate at the negotiation table with Zuffa right now given their history.

As if this matters. It's not like Georges is finishing people left and right and NOT champ

GSP is also fighting the top 2 or 3 WWs in the world. The Belgiun has been fighting guys at a much lower level. In GSP's case it doesn't mean anything.

Back