Just watched Resident Evil 6. (no spoilers)

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

Good movie, I enjoyed it. Lots of action and drama. Soooo many jump scares and scary scenes. Plot twists at the end were kind of crazy. I know these films get a lot of stick, but I really like the style these films are made in, it really feels like the world is over and these are the last humans remaining. The idea that in a zombie apocolypse, your biggest enemy is other humans.

Good action, simple, easy to follow storyline and crazy twists in the storyline. I would give it 7.5/10.

I've been a big fan of the Resident Evil series since playing the first game on Playstation 1 when I was like 12 years old.

In terms of the games, I preferred the earlier games, Resident evil 1, 2 and 3. As they were more minimalist horror and the use of zombies was used sparingly. After, resident evil 4, the games become hack n' slash/kill them all/ Call of Duty type games.

In terms of the movies, I enjoy them and like the style in which they are made. I would rank them:

1. Resident Evil 4: Great story, action, soundtrack, scenes, characters.

2. Resident Evil 3: Again, Great story, action, soundtrack, scenes and characters.

3. Resident Evil 1: The movie that started it. Arguably the best one of the lot.

4. Resident Evil 6: The one I just watched, solid movie.

5. Resident Evil 5: Was a bit meh, but the inclusion of characters from the games made me enjoy it. The story was a it weird in places, though.

6. Resident Evil 2: The worst in the series, but still pretty scary in places.

If you are a fan of the zombie apocalypse genre, then these films are must watch.

But yeah, I would give Resident Evil 6, 7.5/10.

You're the first person in a long time that I have seen list a large quantity of jump scares as a plus in a movie.

I love these movies. Yeah 2 was strange but 3,4,5 were awesome.

Scarlett Johansson is so hot....so hot.

Especially in these movies.

Resident Evil 4 >>>>>>>>>>

oh this is about the movies.....uuuuhhhh.....out

I don't consider any of them good movies from a critical standpoint but I had fun seeing one of them in 3-D in the movie theater. I can't remember which 1 it was though. It was the 1 with Wesker, and Claire & Chris Redfield.

I don't consider any of them good movies from a critical standpoint but I had fun seeing one of them in 3-D in the movie theater. I can't remember which 1 it was though. It was the 1 with Wesker, and Claire & Chris Redfield.

That's resident evil 4. My favourite one.

I liked all these movies except for the last one. The last one was garbage and horrible. This one looks like they are going back to the old formula a bit so it should be much better.

I am in love with Milla Jovovich, but the Resident Evil movies make all this recent Marvel shit seem like high art. Complete pile of shit franchise.

I'd completely forgotten about this franchise. I liked the first one back in the day, but all the other sequels quickly devolved into video game sci-fi trash. Terrible writing, bland villains, bland heroes, cheesy effects, and absolutely zero at stake to give a fuck about. The fact that they kept pumping them out was mind-boggling, until you realize that Milla Jovovich is married to the director, Paul W. S. Anderson.

P.S. Silent Hill will always be the superior survival horror franchise. Being forced to walk narrow corridors, not see around corners, and armed only with a 2x4, while your radio is crackling with static, indicating the presence of nightmare-fuel monsters nearby will always be more intense than being a military guy armed with machine guns and shit mowing down super zombies.

Last edited:
Back