Just watched Resident Evil 6. (no spoilers)

Gonna have to call BS on this thread. TS claims to see a movie that has not even been released yet. It is due on 01-27. Either he is trolling or watched a bootleg copy.

I say Good day. Please ignore.

In terms of the movies, I enjoy them and like the style in which they are made. I would rank them:

1. Resident Evil 4: Great story, action, soundtrack, scenes, characters.

And this is the part that killed your credibility.

.S. Silent Hill will always be the superior survival horror franchise. Being forced to walk narrow corridors, not see around corners, and armed only with a 2x4, while your radio is crackling with static, indicating the presence of nightmare-fuel monsters nearby will always be more intense than being a military guy armed with machine guns and shit mowing down super zombies.

And the first Silent Hill movie is better than all the RE movies combined.

Lets not mention the sequel, if we do it may even out the good/bad when comparing both movie series.

Seriously, RE Revelations is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Lets not mention the sequel, if we do it may even out the good/bad when comparing both movie series.

Yeah Silent Hill Revelation was awful. Pyramid Head was reduced to a skinny twink walking around on stilts, dragging a rubber knife. The first film though was a much more faithful interpretation of the games, even if they did alter Pyramid Head's design significantly.

I would have preferred if they left him out of the movie entirely and saved him for an film adaptation of the second video game, with James Sunderland looking for his dead wife. Pyramid head was a specifically a manifestation of James' inner turnoil, not just a random monster that happens to live in Silent Hill. The emotional gravitas in that game is matched by few others.

Revelations you mean Retribution? If so then I agree that movie was so bad I couldn't believe it. I enjoyed all the RE movies but that one was fucking horrible. Silent Hill the first one is as good as the first RE movie to me. I wont say either is better than the other but I'm kind of biased cause I love zombie movies.

Revelations you mean Retribution? If so then I agree that movie was so bad I couldn't believe it. I enjoyed all the RE movies but that one was fucking horrible. Silent Hill the first one is as good as the first RE movie to me. I wont say either is better than the other but I'm kind of biased cause I love zombie movies.

The first Silent Hill movie used practical effects in virtually all its creatures. Only the barb wire effects in the third act were obviously CG. So in my mind I give it a slight nod over Resident Evil, which had the poorly-rendered Licker.

Plus, I think the creatures in SIlent Hill are much creepier, because they look nightmarish but still have hints of humanity to them, and have all kinds of symbology hidden within their designs:

latest

mannequin_monster_by_eileengalvin.jpg

latest

What does Resident Evil have?

nemesis-gray.png

3c86b3f86af3a8216878d064463232a4.jpg

79f75902fb754e3e0ad579a773f50af4.jpg

Generic "claws and tentacles" monster shit. Not scary at all, especially when you have the use of machine guns, pistols, and grenades at your disposal. You should be so lucky if you find a pistol with even a handful of bullets in Silent Hill.

First 3 movies are the best

Yeah Silent Hill Revelation was awful. Pyramid Head was reduced to a skinny twink walking around on stilts, dragging a rubber knife. The first film though was a much more faithful interpretation of the games, even if they did alter Pyramid Head's design significantly.

I would have preferred if they left him out of the movie entirely and saved him for an film adaptation of the second video game, with James Sunderland looking for his dead wife. Pyramid head was a specifically a manifestation of James' inner turnoil, not just a random monster that happens to live in Silent Hill. The emotional gravitas in that game is matched by few others.

I've forgotten the bulk of the horrible aspects of it. The only bits I still remember is they shat on the ending of the first film, they re-cast the little girl with someone that looks nothing like her, John Snow is in it, and Malcolm McDowell and Carrie-Anne Moss are in it for only moments although their names are on the movie poster.

It's possibly as bad as Mortal Kombat Annihilation, but I'd have to go through the unpleasant experience of watching both movies to say for sure.

Oh I thought we were talking about the RE movies. Yes revelations was horrible and I was looking forward to that. The first SH was great though and I've never even played the games. I played a small demo of one of the games years ago at gamestop. It was easily like 15 years ago.

Shit.

Just noticed I typed RE Revelation, not SH.

My bad.

Gonna have to call BS on this thread. TS claims to see a movie that has not even been released yet. It is due on 01-27. Either he is trolling or watched a bootleg copy.

I say Good day. Please ignore.

I live in Japan, it was released here last week.

Keep an eye out for William Levy from Miami; this was his first big role in a English language film. He has had a decent career in Spanish acting.
William_Levy_Farandula.jpg

Back