Just watched Randy vs Brock

As a huge Fedor fan, I can tell you that Fedor was scared sh*tless of Brock. Basically the reason why he didn't come to the UFC.

source.gif

Dana should’ve chased him with more than one money bag or some co-promotion opportunities.

If Brock lesnar is such a joke, don't forget that last year when the UFC was hyping a Lesnar vs DC or Lesnar vs Jones fight and out of the blue (knowing his title champions would get their asses kicked) Dana claims Lesnar just up and retired and Lesnar immediately said it was bullshit.

Anyone that thinks that the last two fights non-steroid version of Jones vs lesnar wouldn't have been a Lesnar ground and pound with Jon's face looking like hamburger meat needs to please put the crack/meth pipe down before commenting.

Randy’s wrestling was impressive in that fight. Looked strong as an ox when locking up with the damn hulk that was Lesnar.

It's been years since I saw the fight but this is what I remembered as well. Couture was winning the clinch and easily. He ultimately got caught and out muscled by a younger man in Brock Lesnar, not taking anything away from Lesnar because he is a beast of an athlete. Couture impressed me more despite losing in that fight.

Brock always folded when he got hit. And don’t even bring up Carwin because Shane 10-8’d him before he gassed himself out.

Fedor would absolutely Zulu’d him.

>Offers to fight Overeem with drug testing

>Overeem refuses

>Dork on Sherdog: "FeDoR dUcKeD!!!1!1

Sure, dog. You're making so much sense.
> Offered immediate title shot against Overeem

> Refuses unless Reem agrees to stupid stipulation that he'd never asked of any other opponent his entire career

> Moron on Sherdog: "ReEm dUcKeD!!!1!1

You lose champ.

Brewk was the greatest athletic specimen ever seen in the UFC. He is on that LeBron level in pure athleticism.

> Offered immediate title shot against Overeem

> Refuses unless Reem agrees to stupid stipulation that he'd never asked of any other opponent his entire career

> Moron on Sherdog: "ReEm dUcKeD!!!1!1

You lose champ.

Unfortunately you lack the experience and education to say anyone loses at anything, kid.

Seems like Fedor had a crystal ball though, since Reem did indeed piss hot.

But hey, you probably think dudes that look like comic book superheroes are all natty, right?

lesnar aggressively went for mount 2 times against randy and was much more measured in subsequent fights. he still knocked randy out.

Yea because Randy sucks and was 46.

umm Randy got outwrestled by brock. he lost the first round and was losing the second (got hurt badly by a standing elbow) before finally being tko'd.

Randy did well but at no point did he have the upperhand

Woah..revisionist history much lol..

As a huge Fedor fan, I can tell you that Fedor was scared sh*tless of Brock. Basically the reason why he didn't come to the UFC.

source.gif
well in that case youre not a fan at all so FU with your ' Im a fan ' disclaimer.
Youre in fact an arse clown

Brocks Hands ARE MASSIVE

probably biggest Hands in ufc history (6xl)

The fight that cemented Brock as the HW GOAT.

Brock-Lesnar-Paul-Heyman.jpg

well in that case youre not a fan at all so FU with your ' Im a fan ' disclaimer.
Youre in fact an arse clown

By fan, I mean I love watching Fedor fight, and he's one of the best to ever do it.

That said, I'm not so stupid/ naive and biased that I can't see the obvious. He ducked the shit out of Brock, the same way he ducked Reem in Strikeforce to fight 2 year removed Sams club tire salesman Brett Rogers.

Sorry if that doesn't jive with the narrative you desperately want.
2hjkIFd.png

BigHead Silva smashes Fedor's face 100/100 times
Imagine what prime Drooling Brock would do
First death in the cage

LHe was struggling against a 45 year old Randy...

It's easy to find the fight online. I would suggest you do so.

Randy's offense consisted of leaning on Lesnar for the opening minute. Then getting taken down, fighting back up, and getting taken down again. He lands a "take down" at just about 2:22 on Lesnar and it's simply semantics... it's pointless. I'm almost shocked they counted this, as Lesnar is on his knees at the start of it. Regardless, Lesnar instantly reverses it. Couture then spends the end of the round clinching more. He landed 6 sig strikes in the opening round.

Next round the two exchange a couple times very early on. On the third exchange Randy's chin is clipped by an inside elbow, and he stanky legs backwards in retreat. It's just 15 seconds into the round. Brock rushes in and gets clinched. To his credit, Randy throws a wonderful knee to Brock's face here, and it's the best thing so far for Couture. They jockey for 30 secs and eventually Brock returns the knee on the break. Randy is at best negating a bit of Lesnar's offense, but he's not winning by any measure. He was threatened heavily on the mat in round 1, and here in round 2 he's done almost nothing except survive a big shot.

About 3:45 left and the two again start to exchange. Randy manages to open a cut and Brock keeps moving in. They trade again and Randy eats a tight short uppercut and backs away... To his credit, Randy stuffs a short take down attempt and clinches again. Randy does a good job at making Lesnar blow through his gas tank but is doing no damage. At all. Brock shoves off and lands another solid knee to Randy's face. Oof. There's just over 2 minutes left and the two exchange and Randy goes down. Roughly 29 hammer fists later the ref calls it.

I would not call this struggling. He won the striking exchanges, and did more damage on the clinch breaks, and controlled the ground scramble.

Back