Just watched Pereira V Sanchez and something glaring came out...

"If you feel like you cannot continue, then he will be disqualified and you will win".

Is it me, or is there something inherently screwed up about this quote, from the referee?

So Diego has been given a choice, to continue and certainly lose against a better fighter, or say that he cannot continue, claim a win and a bigger purse.

Should Diego have been given this choice? Or should the fight have just been resumed after the doctor have the all-clear?
I think if you a losing badly the fight should never be a DQ “win” it should be a NC. Only if you are clearly winning should it be a win. Jones and Hamil are a prime example. A Hamil win but he was literally getting obliterated.

I think if you a losing badly the fight should never be a DQ “win” it should be a NC. Only if you are clearly winning should it be a win. Jones and Hamil are a prime example. A Hamil win but he was literally getting obliterated.

Nope...breaking the rules is breaking the rules..

Your standing in the fight should have no affect on the decision..

Simple know the rules and follow them...its not hard

No contests don't mean shit to a fighters record..scoring a no contest would just make cheating happen more as the effect on a fighters record is essentially a draw...a loss however would curb people from cheating

The rules were broken, fair enough.

By the referees words and actions, he basically gave Diego the choice of a DQ win, a choice that he should never have been given.

If it was to end as a DQ, fair enough, but the doctor should have called it, not the fighter.

I didn't hear this

I know diego asked him and herzog said he'd speak to the commission and see

heard it the first time i watched the fight, he 100% gave Diego the option to quit and take the win
Diego even confirmed it himself after the ref said it just so he was sure he'd get the W

Conor McGregor is only fighter who would had continued. His family name was banned by King Jameson at the time because they were too savage

Thus becoming the “notorious one”

Diego was looking in his best interest given he claim a win bonus if he takes the dq. Can’t blame him for that.
Michel whilst tooling his ass all night has a brain fart and decider to wedge his knee in his head and ring in. Having a better IQ he would’ve went for something with less risk to foul. As he was dominating him he could have walked back from the cage and have Diego run again knock his head of legally. Rules are rules illegal shots have a great deal of influence on how a fighter feels after the foul is generally a serious disadvantage.

And if you were Diego to double your earnings by taken the dq win. Has every right to. He continued with that handicapped could’ve koed next few shots. And this losing his win bonus thus give Michel his who doesn’t deserve because he committed a serious foul.

Last edited:
The ref wanted to finish early and use the washroom

"If you feel like you cannot continue, then he will be disqualified and you will win".

Is it me, or is there something inherently screwed up about this quote, from the referee?

So Diego has been given a choice, to continue and certainly lose against a better fighter, or say that he cannot continue, claim a win and a bigger purse.

Should Diego have been given this choice? Or should the fight have just been resumed after the doctor have the all-clear?
Yet, there is nothing "inherently screwed up" about the guy throwing a vicious illegal knee that caused a massive cut?

I think that YOU are inherently screwed up...

Back