*Just watched Nate Díaz Vs Josh Thomson fight*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
That's the kind of fight McGregor and his fans would expect. I believe Thomson has two advantages compared to Conor: a great gas tank and good kicks.
Actually, a couple of kicks to the head were Thomson's best shots, and one of those lead to the TKO.
Nate Díaz is far for a great striker, his better assets are his chin, his gas tank and, of course, his reach. Obviously he has a great BJJ game.

Has Nate evolved considerably from the Thomson fight? Or is mainly the same fighter with his ups and downs? I mean, it's not like he has evolved ala RDA.

Nate's just a bad matchup for Conor.

As is any non-midget fighter. ( jk....or am I? )

Josh Thompson had the ability to take Nate down and hold him there. Just that threat made everything Thompson did more effective. Conor's level changes will just make Nate laugh.

The Thompson that fought Nate was the best ive seen, we have not seen such brilliance from him since, cause he keeps getting injured I think he was the ultimate underachiever. Either Josh Thompson that fought Nate was better then Conor.

Im very curious to see the adjustments made by Conor and if those adjustments will work against Nate. I dont know if they will.

Kavanagh said Conor via strikes in the 4th round or inside 4 rounds i cant remember.

Nate is the same as he always has been

Struggles against wrestlers tends to beat most others

Thompson can negate Nates ground game....Conor well...

Thomson. Give a legend some respect brah

Josh Thompson had the ability to take Nate down and hold him there. Just that threat made everything Thompson did more effective. Conor's level changes will just make Nate laugh.

This.

Thompson is a high level BJJ black belt, so that added element (the grappling threat) set up his strikes in a way Conor can't.

Everyone gets caught every once in awhile. That head kick was perfect

That's the kind of fight McGregor and his fans would expect. I believe Thomson has two advantages compared to Conor: a great gas tank and good kicks.
Actually, a couple of kicks to the head were Thomson's best shots, and one of those lead to the TKO.
Nate Díaz is far for a great striker, his better assets are his chin, his gas tank and, of course, his reach. Obviously he has a great BJJ game.

Has Nate evolved considerably from the Thomson fight? Or is mainly the same fighter with his ups and downs? I mean, it's not like he has evolved ala RDA.

Conor has way better kicks than Thompson. Thing is that Conor isn't too big so his kicks should be only around the body.

>Omitting that Thomsons grappling>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Connies Kavanaugh BJJ Brown Belt

tumblr_mxknxep7Yg1snxw1uo1_500.jpg

This.

Thompson is a high level BJJ black belt, so that added element (the grappling threat) set up his strikes in a way Conor can't.

Josh also wrestled in college I believe. While maybe not a big deal on its own anymore but mixed his experience gives an additional level to his striking as people have to worry about timely take downs. It's an attribute that Conor simply does not and will never posses.

I don't see what that fight has to so with Conor

Thomson is one of the best LW fighters of all time. Its not like Nate lost to a nobody, and he executed a really smart gameplan.

i still feel the thomson fight was an anomaly. yes, josh won fair and square, but i think nate beats him 9/10 times.

as already mentioned, josh had the wrestling (nate's kryptonite)- something conor does not have.

i also think nate needs a certain type of motivation to bring out his best, something a fight vs josh didnt do for him. conor brought out the best nate.

McGruber only sharpens his skills. He does not train for opponents. This fight ends the same way unless he's training height and reach.

Back