*Just watched Nate Díaz Vs Josh Thomson fight*

3? I remember the two that put him away, I'll have to rewatch that fight. Josh Thomson is no joke
Might've been 2. Its been a while since I watched the fight maybe 1 of them didn't land flush. I thought he ate 1 earlier in the round.

thompson is an actual mma fighter

connie is a great (?) boxer with some good TDD and that's about it

Conor has way better kicks than Thompson. Thing is that Conor isn't too big so his kicks should be only around the body.
what the..

you can like connie, ok. but don' come up with this shit like he has great kicks. he had the chad fight (another short notice fight, and against a badly conditioned opponent) and that was it

It wasn't the td threat IMO it was Nate not making proper adjustments in standup after being grazed by that kick at least two times prior but still keeping that hand too low and circling rt into it

First, a little context: Josh Thomson is one of the better LWs of all time, but because of injuries, he can be very inconsistent. He should have beat Ben Henderson. That was probably the worst decision that Bendo ever won, even more suspect than Edgar 2. Secondly, Nate has actually improved since that fight. He looked absolutely great in his fight Michael Johnson: more motivated, crisper movement, and better shape.

Thomson beat Nate by possessing an extremely well-rounded skill-set and utilizing an intelligent game plan. He didn't try to out Diaz a Diaz brother. That plan has never worked for anyone. Striking victories against the Diaz brothers have all required a mixture of punches and kicks. If you simply box or, god forbid, start to brawl, you're going to get overwhelmed. Victims of this include: Lawler, Penn, Daley, Gomi, Johnson, Cowboy, Miller, and Maynard. I don't know Conor's plan, but if he's just planning on volume boxing or power boxing, he's probably gonna lose again. He'd have to adopt a mobile and varied gamplan, and he better bring his cardio A-game.

Might've been 2. Its been a while since I watched the fight maybe 1 of them didn't land flush. I thought he ate 1 earlier in the round.
Yeah I remember one rocked him and then the second one knocked him down. Wish I still had fight pass so I could rewatch it

McGruber only sharpens his skills. He does not train for opponents. This fight ends the same way unless he's training height and reach.
Not sure where you've been for the last few months. Conor has been training with tall, lanky southpaws for most of his camp.

what the..

you can like connie, ok. but don' come up with this shit like he has great kicks. he had the chad fight (another short notice fight, and against a badly conditioned opponent) and that was it
Spoken like a poster that has only seen Conor fight 3 times. He nailed siver, and rocked Brandao. He also used them to great effect when he was fighting with cage warriors.

Conor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BDiego%2BBrand%C3%A3o%2B(3

3.gif

post-33317-0-41538300-1413226412.jpg

3? I remember the two that put him away, I'll have to rewatch that fight. Josh Thomson is no joke

he did in fact eat a couple before the shot that put him away and those were vicious as well

Rasslin is the only Diaz kryptonite. Josh has it, Conor doont.

Not sure where you've been for the last few months. Conor has been training with tall, lanky southpaws for most of his camp.

Spoken like a poster that has only seen Conor fight 3 times. He nailed siver, and rocked Brandao. He also used them to great effect when he was fighting with cage warriors.

Conor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BDiego%2BBrand%C3%A3o%2B(3

3.gif

post-33317-0-41538300-1413226412.jpg
Those are his words.

It is Conor though. He's most likely completely full of shit.

Josh in his prime was a better overall fighter than Conor ever was. His gurappling shits on Conors and Conors flashy kicks havent been as devastating as Joshs at his best.

Please also keep in mind that this fight was pre USADA so we don't know if it was real

( jk...or am I)

Nate evolved from the Thomson fight in the sense that he stopped doing his Nick impression. Nate is not good at being Nick, he's never, ever been good at it. Thomson also fights to the level of his competition and has been legit for a decade now.

It wasn't the td threat IMO it was Nate not making proper adjustments in standup after being grazed by that kick at least two times prior but still keeping that hand too low and circling rt into it
The hand was too low because of Thompsons skillset. It might not have been obvious but if Thompson was just a striker, Nate's approach in the fight would've been different imo.

Conors gas tank is the issue, if Conor had gas he'd be a lot better on the ground but sadly if the fight goes past one round he gonna be gasping because he just doesnt know how to pace himself.

Today's Nate would beat that Josh Thompson. He's improved substantially since then. I hope we get to see Nate vs Alvarez next. Nate is champ level now.

The hand was too low because of Thompsons skillset. It might not have been obvious but if Thompson was just a striker, Nate's approach in the fight would've been different imo.
You could be rt, I don't remember the grappling exchanges in that fight or if Thompson established a threat of takedown I only remember the stand up where Thompson was getting close with that high kick

Nate is the same as he ever was
Connor played directly into the type of fight that Nate loves

Nate evolved from the Thomson fight in the sense that he stopped doing his Nick impression. Nate is not good at being Nick, he's never, ever been good at it. Thomson also fights to the level of his competition and has been legit for a decade now.

MJ fight was Nate's best performance IMO.

Back