Just watched Jones/Rua again.

On a somewhat related note. I never really paid attention to Jones post fight interview until today. But he was incredibly humble and sincere. Not sure what happened between then and now. He's a bit of a dick, currently.

He's the same way. Everybody just thinks he's different.

What are you talking about?

That was disgusting.

He was molesting the belt and the way he smooched Joe Rogan?

Weirdest post fight I've ever seen.

The, "Follow your dreams. You can meet your goals. I am living proof. Beefcake!" Part of his interview.

The, "Follow your dreams. You can meet your goals. I am living proof. Beefcake!" Part of his interview.

That's like masturbating while saying cool stuff and expecting no one to notice.

It's on Xbox Live, for those interested. Man that beating was severe. The fight got me curious. Several people have mentioned that Rua is/was a GOAT. With that said, has anyone else considered to be the "best ever" had their ass handed to them like that?

Aside from fedor/silva. I don't want to talk about that fight :/

what's worse, getting KTFO'd fast like Chuck multiple times by multiple people, or having a great chin and taking a severe beating?

cuz ya, Chuck was/is considered "best eva" by man, and he got his ass handed to him like that, or worse (depending on how you answered the question above).

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever said anything while masturbating. But I get your point.

After that, he just weirded me out.

Then he posed nude in the ESPN, which weirded me out more.

Then all of the cocky, fake stuff came out and that's a wrap, son.

1234914_524692837604817_335257309_n.jpg

look how looooong his arms are...

I know they have clothes on but ... damn ... Jones looks two weight classes bigger and than Gus.

Shogun wasn't healthy, plus his motivational levels showed in tests clearly showed that he wasn't motivated. Healthy/Motivated Shogun via TKO.

After that, he just weirded me out.

Then he posed nude in the ESPN, which weirded me out more.

Then all of the cocky, fake stuff came out and that's a wrap, son.

That made me laugh. Well played.

Watching it now. Forgot just how slow and sloppy shogun looked from the get go. Like he didn't train any cardio.

wtf @ weidman/silva and Edgar/Penn being mentioned. those were wins, but nowhere near being as demoralizingly destructive as shogun getting molested in the cage. I'd put fedor/silva in the same category just because fedor looked completely helpless in the last part of that fight. Of course the recent Penn fights were up there too. Torres/Benavidez comes to mind

Maybe not the weight, but the size and reach of his opponents definitely did.

BJ Penn fought Lyoto Machida and didn't get beat up as bad as he did in his last two fights

Watching it now. Forgot just how slow and sloppy shogun looked from the get go. Like he didn't train any cardio.

I really think both him and JDS got concussed early and simply weren't all there for those fights. Unfortunately Jones continued to take Shogun's soul for several agonizing rounds. I don't know if I could handle rewatching it the highlights are bad enough

It's on Xbox Live, for those interested. Man that beating was severe. The fight got me curious. Several people have mentioned that Rua is/was a GOAT. With that said, has anyone else considered to be the "best ever" had their ass handed to them like that?

Aside from fedor/silva. I don't want to talk about that fight :/

Rampage/Liddell I was an absolute mauling and that was supposed to be "peak" "best ever".

On a somewhat related note. I never really paid attention to Jones post fight interview until today. But he was incredibly humble and sincere. Not sure what happened between then and now. He's a bit of a dick, currently.

At the time he was still on that fine line of being cocky and trying also to be humble and a good rolemodel etc.
The Jones you see in the upcoming preview of UFC 165 shows his true character the most imo from the footage.

I'm glad that he dropped his good guy behavior because there's only one ''Good Guy Jones''

Has anyone seriously suggested Rua is a GOAT?

Probably, particularly if you were to look at best peak. But honestly there is no real clear-cut choice for LHW GOAT (other than Jones in about two fights). All the potentials (Liddell, Silva, Rua, Ortiz, Rampage?) have some warts.

Back