Just Watched Doomsday vs Superman....and I have a Wonder Woman Question

I'm a Marvel, Dark Horse, Image guy. But I like DC characters esp Kal El.

That said. I just watched the new animated Supes vs Doomsday and I Noticed Wonder Woman Basically Going Toe 2 Toe with doomsday the Being that Killed Superman.

I've never been a Wonder Woman Fan save for the hotness that Gal Gadot Brings to Diana.
images

That said I've noticed that every time I see Wonder Woman And Superman fighting or in this Case Wonder Woman V Doomsday...she's more than holding her own?!?!?

So i'm confused boys.

Is Wonder Woman on the Superman, Captain Marvel, Darkseid, Doomsday Powers and Abilities level?!?!?...or is this some unconscious PC bullsheeeit????

please advise fellow nerds

These days she is written as a little bit below as far as brute force when compared to Superman , but Batman notes that she is a relentless melee fighter and has insane tenacity and durability .

Since you don't know anything about Wonder Woman, which means you probably don't give a shit about the comics, then you won't know how insane it is that Neal Adams pulled this off.

Neal_Adams.jpg

He's a legendary luminary of comic book art, but likenesses were never his forte. This is really, really good.

These days she is written as a little bit below as far as brute force when compared to Superman , but Batman notes that she is a relentless melee fighter and has insane tenacity and durability .

I think that's it I haven't Watched the Wonder Woman stand alone. But I know she like a Spartan? Trained from a child to be a warrior

I think that's it I haven't Watched the Wonder Woman stand alone. But I know she like a Spartan? Trained from a child to be a warrior
Amazon, pretty much all female Spartan types some augmented by Magik . In her case depending on the iteration she is a Daughter or Zeus or possibly Hades.

Wonder Woman has been #2 for strength/power to Superman for about 10 to 15 years. She is supposed to be the best warrior of the high-level strength characters in DC Comics.

She's not as super fast as Superman. She doesn't have the OP powerset that Martian Manhunter has. Captain Marvel is up there, too, for strength and speed. Hand-to-hand, she is a badass.

Wonder Woman has been #2 for strength/power to Superman for about 10 to 15 years. She is supposed to be the best warrior of the high-level strength characters in DC Comics.

She's not as super fast as Superman. She doesn't have the OP powerset that Martian Manhunter has. Captain Marvel is up there, too, for strength and speed. Hand-to-hand, she is a badass.

And there's the magic thing too. Kal el doesn't like magic.

She's got super strength, but I was surprised she could fly without her invisible plane because I don't recall Lynda Carter flying like Superman.

Will ya look at that! Even DC threads suck in comparison to their Marvel counterparts. It's nice to find consistency in this topsy turvy world.

Nothing to add other than Steppenwolf was such a can.

What was that I mean steppenwolf ffs. Why not just use Darkseid?

that's why DC has lost the comic book movie title it held for like....forever

They didn't keep Christian Bale as batman...no matter how much money they needed to throw at him they should have. Superman was Just meh. and now that theyre using that weasly guy to play Lex Luthor......Lex is supposed to be strong and evil, conniving and ego maniacal.

This lex looks like a bullied weasel.

Though the nerd in me demands that I watch the Next installment of JL....I know I'm going in already not liking it.

Single best scene in any DCEU movie and it's not even close:)

As to my Bro @Jack Handy jr 's question: Wonder Woman is a true heavyweight. Maybe not quite as strong and durable as Superman, Doomsday or Martian Manhunter, but she is God(dess)-tier.
Can she beat up Thor, Squirrel Girl or Thanos?

Amazon, pretty much all female Spartan types some augmented by Magik . In her case depending on the iteration she is a Daughter or Zeus or possibly Hades.

and while we're at it...whats the Deal with Dooms day being able to Trounce Green lantern Like he's nothing?!?!?!?!
I always thought that Green Lantern was powerful enough to go mano y mano with supes, and darkseid....I did read enough DC growing up lol

@Jack Handy jr

Yeah I agree about Lex. Eisenberg was very distracting imo. That dumb laugh he kept doing reminded me of Mickey from Boardwalk empire.

and while we're at it...whats the Deal with Dooms day being able to Trounce Green lantern Like he's nothing?!?!?!?!
I always thought that Green Lantern was powerful enough to go mano y mano with supes, and darkseid....I did read enough DC growing up lol

Doomsday is the Ultimate Kill machine thousands of deaths have conditioned his body to be nigh invulnerable. If it kills him once he will revive and it would not kill him again.

Normally that would be the case. However a Green Lantern killed Doomsday in the past and he developed a bit of a strength edge against their constructs. I think it was in the Hunter Prey story or maybe Doomsday Year 1.

(I was really into Superman in the 1990’s and owned every single issue and side issue of his comics. Green Lantern too. Whatever money I could get my hands on as a kid went towards comics. They were very cheap then too. Like 2 bucks a week got me whatever I needed. Sadly that comic collection was destroyed in a flood.)

And growing up, Wonder Woman was always powerful enough to go toe to toe with Superman, Green Lantern, etc. It never surprised me when she would brawl with folks like Doomsday and so on. Her rogues gallery consisted of Greek Gods. She would fist fight Ares and Hades on the regular.

When she first came out she had to block bullets with magic bracelets but by the 80’s she was like that dude from God of War.

Normally that would be the case. However a Green Lantern killed Doomsday in the past and he developed a bit of a strength edge against their constructs. I think it was in the Hunter Prey story or maybe Doomsday Year 1.

(I was really into Superman in the 1990’s and owned every single issue and side issue of his comics. Green Lantern too. Whatever money I could get my hands on as a kid went towards comics. They were very cheap then too. Like 2 bucks a week got me whatever I needed. Sadly that comic collection was destroyed in a flood.)

And growing up, Wonder Woman was always powerful enough to go toe to toe with Superman, Green Lantern, etc. It never surprised me when she would brawl with folks like Doomsday and so on. Her rogues gallery consisted of Greek Gods. She would fist fight Ares and Hades on the regular.

When she first came out she had to block bullets with magic bracelets but by the 80’s she was like that dude from God of War.

Damn bro mom 86'd mine when I Joined the Army. don't get me wrong though I'm more of a Marvel Homer. Superman is still me Favorite character...yes I know he's cheesy and over powered but it is what it is. tbh I use to hate braniac when I was a kid...seriously I hated that mother fucker. anyway great take..may the schwartz be with you

Damn bro mom 86'd mine when I Joined the Army. don't get me wrong though I'm more of a Marvel Homer. Superman is still me Favorite character...yes I know he's cheesy and over powered but it is what it is. tbh I use to hate braniac when I was a kid...seriously I hated that mother fucker. anyway great take..may the schwartz be with you

Superman is the man. Fuck the hate.
He’s always been more loved than hated too. Haters have big mouths

Sorry to hear your mom killed your collection. Was she mad at you for joining the army?

I'm a Marvel, Dark Horse, Image guy. But I like DC characters esp Kal El.

That said. I just watched the new animated Supes vs Doomsday and I Noticed Wonder Woman Basically Going Toe 2 Toe with doomsday the Being that Killed Superman.

I've never been a Wonder Woman Fan save for the hotness that Gal Gadot Brings to Diana.
images

That said I've noticed that every time I see Wonder Woman And Superman fighting or in this Case Wonder Woman V Doomsday...she's more than holding her own?!?!?

So i'm confused boys.

Is Wonder Woman on the Superman, Captain Marvel, Darkseid, Doomsday Powers and Abilities level?!?!?...or is this some unconscious PC bullsheeeit????

please advise fellow nerds

Umm, she is the daughter of a God...Right from the Golden Age of Comics. After the Golden Age, they actually made Comics of her SHOWING her God like abilities and was on par with Superman (not in strength) but the fact she was near immortal like Superman...this is the reason they went with a short romance between the two.

Back